About the Audio-Technica ATH-M40x
Great sound even a musician can afford
Great sound even a musician can afford
If you're a musician or a DJ, you probably spend plenty on gear. Fortunately, you don't have to spend much to get a great pair of headphones. The Audio-Technica ATH-M40x headphones offer accurate sound without forcing you to make tough financial decisions. These durable headphones are tuned for a flat response, so you get sound that's well-balanced across a wide frequency range with plenty of detail. They're great for tracking and mixing in the studio, spinning tunes at a club, or simply relaxing with music at home or on the road. They come with detachable straight and coiled cables, as well as a 1/4" adapter for plugging into pro gear or home stereos.
Solid construction for everyday use
Working musicians and DJs need headphones that are tough. The 'M40x headphones are well built with premium materials that keep these headphones from self-destructing after just a few recording sessions. They're also very comfortable, with thick padding on the headband and earcups and a swiveling design that helps them conform to your head. The earcups can rotate a full 90 degrees, so you can use them for single-ear monitoring in the studio or the club.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation for studio recording
- 40mm dynamic drivers are tuned for flat, accurate response
- includes two detachable cables (with twist-lock 2.5mm sub-mini terminals at the headphone):
- 118" straight cable with miniplug connector
- 47" to 118" coiled cable with miniplug connector
- 1/4" adapter included for connecting to pro gear
- earcups swivel and rotate for single-ear use
- folding design for compact storage
- carry pouch included
- frequency response: 15-24,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 98 dB
- impedance: 35 ohms
- weight: 8.5 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-M40X
- Feels light
- Snug fit
- Good for studio (recording)
What's in the box:
Audio-Technica ATH-M40x owner's manual
- Over-ear headphones
- 47"-118" Coiled cable (3.5mm plug)
- 125" straight cord (3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 1/4" Plug adapter (installed)
- Storage pouch
- Purchase Registration Card
- Disposal guidelines
Audio-Technica ATH-M40x reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-M40x
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.321" x 3.927|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||15-24k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Monitor Headphones feature a closed-back, over-the-ear design for excellent sound isolation in loud environments. The sturdy ATH-M40x is designed for use for studio recording or mixing, as well as DJ-ing. The ear cups swivel 90° for one-ear monitoring, and fold inward for storage in the included vinyl storage pouch.
Drivers: The 40mm drivers are made with rare earth (neodymium) magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils, and are tuned flat for accurate sound monitoring over a wide frequency range. The professional-grade ear pads and headband pads offer comfort for many hours of continuous use.
Cable: The ATH-M40x has a single cable exit on the left ear cup with two detachable cables. The straight cable is over 10 feet in length (125"), while the coiled cord extends from 3.9' to 9.8'. Both cables have twist-lock 2.5mm sub-mini terminals at the headphone, and a 3.5mm mini plug that can be used with most portable devices. A screw-on 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter is included for those times when you're listening to home or professional components with a full-size headphone jack.
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 24kHz
- Sensitivity: 98dB
- Maximum Input Power: 1600mW at 1 kHz
- Impedance: 35 ohms
- Dimensions: Width=3.321" Height=3.927" Depth=1.955"
- Cable Length: 125" (straight), 47"-118" (coiled)
- Weight: 8.5 ounces (w/o cable); 10.9 ounces (w/coiled cable)
1 question already asked
Really nice and balanced headphones, such good audio quality, perfect for monitoring, I also use them to play instruments, connecting them directly to the amplifiers and it works amazing, very flat and accurate sound.
Juan from Odessa, FL