About the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
A go-to choice for musicians and music lovers
A go-to choice for musicians and music lovers
The Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones are great for making or enjoying music.
Whether you're a music professional or simply a music fan, you'll be hard-pressed to find better headphones at this price than the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. The 'M50x offers exceptionally clear sound that's detailed and well-balanced throughout its wide frequency range. The large 45mm drivers offer plenty of bass punch, while high frequencies have just the right amount of shimmer.
The closed-back design is great for tracking in the studio or enjoying your music while limiting external noise. With the same great sound as the original ATH-M50, it's no wonder these headphones have earned even more praise for their improved comfort and detachable cable options.
Working musicians and DJs need headphones that survive the rigors of constant use. The 'M50x headphones were designed with durability in mind, with premium materials that keep these headphones from self-destructing after just a few recording sessions. They also offer improved comfort over the original 'M50s, with thick padding on the headband, soft foam on the earcups, and a swiveling design that helps them conform to your head. The earcups can rotate a full 90 degrees, so you can use them for single-ear monitoring in the studio or the club.
Choose from three cables
The 'M50x headphones come with not one, not two, but three detachable cables. There's an extra-long straight cable for studio or home use, a coiled cable that's made for DJs or studio pros, and a shorter straight cable for listening on the go. The headphones also come with a 1/4" plug adapter, so you can connect them to pro gear or your home theater receiver or stereo.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation for studio recording
- 45mm dynamic drivers offer exceptional clarity and deep bass response
- includes three detachable cables (with twist-lock 2.5mm sub-mini terminals at the headphone):
- 118" straight cable with miniplug connector
- 47" to 118" coiled cable with miniplug connector
- 47" straight cable for portable use
- 1/4" adapter included for connecting to pro gear
- earcups swivel and rotate for single-ear use
- folding design for compact storage
- carry pouch included
- frequency response: 15-28,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 99 dB
- impedance: 38 ohms
- weight: 10 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATH-M50X
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones (black)
- 47"-118" Coiled cable (3.5mm plug)
- 125" Straight cord (3.5mm plug)
- 52" Straight cord (3.5mm plug)
- Screw-on 1/4" Plug adapter (installed)
- Storage pouch
- Locking Cable instructions
- Purchase Registration Card
- Disposal guidelines
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.341" x 3.952"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||15-28k Hz|
|Cord Length||2x125" 52"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The design of the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Monitor Headphones is based on the critically acclaimed ATH-M50, which has been praised by audio engineers and professional audio reviewers for years. The ATH-M50x has the same sonic signature as the M50, but adds the convenience of detachable cables, and comes with short and long straight cables and a coiled cord. The closed-back, over-the-ear design gives you excellent sound isolation in loud environments. The sturdy ATH-M50x is designed for use for studio recording or mixing, as well as DJ-ing. The ear cups swivel 90° for one-ear monitoring, and fold inward for storage in the included vinyl storage pouch.
Drivers: The large 45mm drivers are made with rare earth (neodymium) magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils, and are tuned flat for accurate sound monitoring over a wide frequency range. The professional-grade ear pads and headband pads offer comfort for many hours of continuous use.
Cable: The ATH-M50x has a single cable exit on the left ear cup with three detachable cables. A 52" straight cable, designed for use with portable devices, is terminated with a tapered 3.5mm plug. The longer straight cable is over 10 feet in length (125"), while the coiled cord extends from 3.9' to 9.8'. All of the cables have twist-lock 2.5mm sub-mini terminals at the headphone, and a 3.5mm mini plug. The included screw-on 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter works with the long straight cable and the coiled cable. This adapter is for use while you're listening to home or professional components with a full-size headphone jack.
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 28kHz
- Sensitivity: 99dB
- Maximum Input Power: 1600mW at 1 kHz
- Impedance: 38 ohms
- Dimensions: Width=3.341" Height=3.952" Depth=1.796"
- Cable Length: 125" (straight), 52" (straight), 47"-118" (coiled)
- Weight: 10 ounces (w/o cable); 12.4 ounces (w/coiled cable)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked