About the Bang & Olufsen Beolit 17
A stylish speaker for your tunes
A stylish speaker for your tunes
The Bang & Olufsen Beolit 17 portable Bluetooth speaker looks a little like a compact cooler or picnic basket, and it's an easy way to bring along detailed music to your next gathering. Quality components and advanced electronics let create a rich, detailed 360° soundfield. And with a built-in rechargeable battery that can last a full 24 hours, this speaker system's sure to last as long as the party.
Music from every angle
Using Bang & Olufsen's exclusive True360 sound technology, the B&O Beolit 17 creates a smooth, well-balanced, omnidirectional soundfield. No matter where you stand in relation to the system, you'll enjoy the same great sound.
A 5-1/2" long-stroke full-range driver delivers clear, lower mids and bass. Three 1-1/2" mid-tweeters cover the upper mid and high frequencies with clarity and accuracy. Large passive bass radiators built into the sides reinforce the low end for stronger bass. There are two separate built-in 35-watt amplifiers: one for the woofer and the other for the three mid-tweeters. That's plenty of power to drive your music at loud volumes, even in the great outdoors.
Do more with the Beoplay App
To get the full benefit of the Beolit 17, download the free control app from the Apple® app store or Google Play. The app guides you through the simple setup process and serves as the speaker's remote. It also lets you adjust the EQ settings, and even pair two Beolit 17s for stereo sound.
The tough polymer shell protects the system's electronics, and the solid aluminum grille shields the speakers from harm. The full-grain leather strap gives you a ready handhold for portability.
High-quality Bluetooth streaming
The Beolit 17 easily pairs with your smartphone or tablet. It's equipped with Bluetooth 4.2 to deliver higher-fidelity sound from compatible devices. The speaker is also backward-compatible with older versions of Bluetooth, so you can stream music from just about any mobile device.
- built-in Bluetooth streams music wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible device
- Bluetooth 4.2 for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- True360 technology creates an omnidirectional soundfield
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 24 hours
- frequency response: 37-20,000 Hz
- solid aluminum core and durable polymer outer shell provide stability and reduce resonance
- one 5-1/2" long-throw full-range driver and two 4" passive radiators
- three 1-1/2" mid-tweeters
- two 35-watt Class D amplifiers, one for the woofer and one for the mid-tweeters
- Beoplay App:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- compatible with Siri and Google Assistant voice commands
- preset sound profiles
- control volume and equalization settings from your smartphone or tablet
- wirelessly pair two Beolit 17 speakers for stereo sound (second speaker available separately)
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- AC power adapter
- USB-A to USB-C charging cable
- premium full-grain leather strap
- 9"W x 7-7/16"H x 5-3/4"D
- weight: 5.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BO1280373
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- USB/AC power adapter
- 50" USB-C to USB-A cable
- Leather strap (pre-installed)
- Important Safety Instructions
Bang & Olufsen Beolit 17 reviews
I bought this product and wanted to love it as B&O are in Audi's. It's sound was great. But the battery did not even last an hour.
Pros: Sound was crisp, clear and plenty of volume.
Cons: Battery life less than an hour
0 of 0 found this helpful
At this price, my expectations are high. The beolit 17 fell short. I wanted to love this unit but it does not sound that good to me. I own the Beoplay A1 and love it. But this unit is not clear and bass is not deep. The muffle sound signature was annoying. Side by side comparison, I prefer the beoplay A1. The beoplay S3 is also great. But this beolit 17 is not a step up.
Pros: Nice look, easy to carry around
Cons: Sound quality is not to my taste. B&o let me down this time.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Easy to use, great sound at any listening level. Use primarily on travel for listening in hotel. Battery life is excellent in my experience.
Pros: Sound and battery, ez app for operation.
Cons: Viewing battery level on app requires restarting app to update
1 of 1 found this helpful
amazing speaker!!!! a bit expensive but for the most part its worth it! sound quality is great ...very loud crisp and clear! It better be at this price point lol.... But its a nice design and the construction is robust!
Pros: great design, amazing sound and robust build..great bass too
Cons: battery doesn't last as long as advertised but its good enough i guess lol
1 of 2 found this helpful
More details on the Bang & Olufsen Beolit 17
FeaturesTrue360 Sound Technology: The Beolit 17 houses three 1.5" mid-tweeters and one 5.5" long-stroke full-range driver powered by a 35W RMS (120W Peak) x 2Ch Class D amplifier, plus two 4" passive radiators. The combination of the positioning and radiation patterns of the drivers, and the use of advanced digital signal processing (DSP) technology creates Beolit 17's unique True360 sound experience, allows this compact Bluetooth speaker system to fill even large rooms.
High Quality Construction: The Beolit 17 Bluetooth speaker features a durable polymer enclosure, anodized aluminum grill, and full-grain leather handle - each of these carefully selected and crafted to perfection. The result is an iconic design that stands out in a room.
Note: The Beolit 17 is not weather or water resistant.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Beolit 17 powered speaker system offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, and computer (including Apple iPhone/iPad, Android, Windows PC, and Mac) to the Beolit 17 speaker system. You'll continue to use your compatible Bluetooth source device to control music playback functions and view song/artist information. Multiple devices can be paired with the Beolit 17, but only one can be used at a time. Once paired, the speaker system will automatically re-connect to the last device used when in wireless range (33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Beolit 17.
Aux Input: In addition to Bluetooth wireless connectivity, the Beolit 17 is fitted with a stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for connecting an external portable audio device with a headphone jack or analog output.
Top-Panel Controls & Integrated Tray: On the top of the speaker you will find five control buttons - Power, Volume Up, Volume Down, Bluetooth, and Connect. The Beolit 17's top-panel can double as a non-slip polymer tray for your smartphone or tablet device. The tray area measures 8" (w) x 4.5" (d).
- Tonetouch: At the heart of BeoPlay App are advanced digital sound algorithms developed specifically to make sure the speaker delivers great sound. To you, that means playful, intuitive and easy personalization of your music experience. Simply feel your way through different tonality and staging settings, to find the sound that suits you and your music.
- Tuned Presets: Individually tuned preset sound profiles can be selected to match your mood and enhance listening pleasure based on your activity.
- Remote: The BeoPlay App can act as a remote control for your Bluetooth audio. You'll be able Play, Pause and skips songs using the app on your smartphone or tablet device.
- Wireless Stereo Pairing: Quickly set up wireless stereo pairing and fill the room with stereo sound from two Beolit 17 speakers.
- Alarm: Wake up to your favorite tune, with the Alarm function. Choose from the two built-in tones in BeoPlay App or access the last played song on your Bluetooth device. The short press of the top-panel "Connect" button will snooze the alarm and a long press will turn it off.
- Firmware Updates: The BeoPlay app lets you know, whenever there is an update for the Beolit 17 speaker.
Rechargeable Battery: The rechargeable Li-ion battery (7.4V/2200mAh) inside the speaker lets you play at moderate listening levels for up to 24 hours on a single charge. The included USB/AC power adapter and 50" USB-C to USB-A cable charges the built-in battery and supplies power to the Bluetooth speaker. It takes approximately 2.5 hours to fully charge the battery.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?