About the Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 1 with Google Assistant
Portable sound with elegance and style
Unique cone design distributes sound evenly in a 360° radius.
Portable sound with elegance and style
The Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 1 with Google Assistant has an impressive Euro-modern design. A built-in rechargeable battery means you can place this wireless speaker in the living room or bring it with you out on the deck. Either way, you'll enjoy rich, detailed sound in a wide 360° soundfield. And with its built-in Google Assistant feature, you can control the BeoSound 1 with just your voice.
Stream Bluetooth from your smartphone or tablet. Or play music over your home Wi-Fi® network. The BeoSound 1 supports Spotify® Connect, Apple® AirPlay® 2, Chromecast built-in, and DLNA — lots of ways to connect to your favorite music. Plus, the BeoSound 1 can be part of a Beoplay multi-room audio system for enjoying music all around your home.
Hands-free help from the Google Assistant
Tell the BeoSound 1 to play a favorite song, give you the weather, or remind you how many tablespoons are in a cup. Just say "OK Google" to activate it. Google Assistant also gives you hands-free voice control over compatible smart home devices from Wemo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and others.
Advanced audio design
The speaker is crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum. A built-in 1-1/2" full-range driver fires onto a conical acoustic lens that reflects the sound and disperses it outward in a circle. A bottom-firing 4" woofer delivers rich, strong bass. Both drivers have their own Class D amplifier for accurate sound reproduction.
Versatile multi-room audio
Bang & Olufsen BeoSound and Beoplay gear uses Chromecast built-in to create a multi-room wireless audio network. Download the free Beoplay control app from either the Apple App Store or Google Play to start. The app lets you remotely control your BeoSound 1, as well other compatible B&O wireless speakers in your home.
The app has Deezer built in for additional music choices, plus TuneIn so you can enjoy internet radio stations from around the world. You can have all your B&O speakers wirelessly play the same song throughout your home, or have each speaker play a different song from a different source — or any combination in between.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
Built-in Apple AirPlay 2 technology lets you stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your BeoSound 1. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which compatible speakers or components you want it to play through.
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for high-quality streaming from smartphones and tablets
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Google Assistant voice control with Chromecast built in
- Spotify Connect built-in
- DLNA for streaming from Android™ smartphone, tablets, and compatible PCs
- acoustic lens technology creates a 360° soundfield
- one 1-1/2" full-range driver, one 4" woofer
- 2 Class D amplifiers for accurate sound
- total system power: 60 watts (20W for full-range driver, 40W for woofer)
- plays high-resolution music files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- frequency response: 35-24,300 Hz
- touch wheel control with proximity sensor
- detects user's position for intuitive dial control from any direction
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- Deezer music streaming service built-in
- TuneIn internet radio built-in
- control multiple BeoSound 1 speakers and compatible Beoplay speakers to play the same song simultaneously or different songs in different rooms
- customizable speaker and group names
- displays current song and artist information
- Live Search to find radio stations playing specific song or artist
Google Assistant functions:
- built-in voice control
- Google Home app control
- free download from Apple App Store and GooglePlay
- stay in the know about weather, traffic, finance, sports, and more
- set alarms, start timers, and add items to your shopping list
- Chromecast built-in for creating a multi-room audio setup with other compatible wireless speakers and devices
- control Chromecast built-in-compatible streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora, Google Play Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio (subscription required for some services)
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to your home network
- aluminum cabinet
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours
- 6-1/8" diameter x 12-7/8"H
- weight: 7.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BeoSound 1 GVA
What's in the box:
- Wireless audio speaker
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Guide
More details on the Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 1 with Google Assistant
Acoustic Lens Technology w/ 360-Degree Sound: Thanks to Acoustic Lens Technology you will experience an almost spherical sound that is surprisingly loud and nuanced. The conical body of BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) hovers slightly above the surface, releasing thumps of bass from beneath. At the top, which is slightly open, the speaker driver plays downwards into the acoustical lens creating an evenly distributed spherical sound profile. With immersive 360-degree sound performance everyone shares the same experience. The BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) features a 1.5" full-range driver powered by a 40 watt Class D amplifier and a 4" woofer powered by a 20 watt Class D amplifier - all inside an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure. It has a frequency response of 35Hz to 24,300 Hz. No matter where your place it, the BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) fills every corner of your room with warm, rich sound.
Crafted of High-Grade Aluminum: The BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) is crafted in high-grade aluminum with incredible attention to detail. Aluminum provides superior acoustic properties thanks to its material stiffness and seamless surfaces that eliminate any distortion of your sound. Its compact conical design and smooth reflective surfaces adapt seamlessly to your interiors making anywhere in your home its perfect place.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) provides wired and wireless connectivity to your home network. It has a RJ-45 Ethernet jack for its wired connection and features built-in, dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n) for a wireless connection. A network connection is required for Chromecast built-in, AirPlay, and the Google Digital Assistant; and can be setup through the Bang & Olufsen app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Bang & Olufsen App: The Bang & Olufsen app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) guides you step-by-step through the network setup of the BeoSound BeoSound 1 (2nd gen), and helps you personalize the speaker and your music experience. It also lets you easily access specific sound settings to tailor the sound to your specific application. In addition, the Bang & Olufsen app will notify you about firmware and software updates. The app even provides an online user guide.
Built-in Microphones w/ Google Assistant: The BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) is a voice-activated speaker powered by Google Assistant. To make sure that the Google Assistant can hear commands through the wall of sound coming from the BeoSound 1 (2ng gen) speaker, the Bang & Olufsen sound engineers built advanced acoustic echo-cancelling technology and five microphones into the aluminum structure that constantly analyses which sounds come from the speaker and which are commands from the user. By saying "Ok Google", the built-in Google Assistant can help perform tasks like playing a favorite song or controlling smart home devices, checking the latest weather, traffic, & finance reports, and finding out the latest sports scores. Thanks to Google's rich history in search, the Google Assistant is ready for all your questions and commands.
- Music & Radio: Use your voice to select, play, and control music from compatible Chromecast Built-In music services - like Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, YouTube Music, iHeart Radio, and more.
- Smart Home Automation: The Google Assistant lets you control devices around your home from Google Home compatible smart home automation partners - like Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Belkin Wemo, Nest, Honeywell, and more. You can even create your own voice commands for the Google Assistant on your Apple iOS or Android device using IFTTT (If This, Then That).
- News, Weather & Sports: With the built-in Google Assistant, you can ask about top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With Google Assistant, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games using just your voice.
- Manage Tasks & Plan Your Day: Ask the built-in Google Assistant about your day and hear the information you need without going online or opening your calendar. Also, use voice commands to set alarms and timers for things you need to do.
- Get Answers: The built-in Google Assistant helps you find answers for many of your daily questions through the Google search engine - including calculations, translations, unit conversions, nutrition, dictionary, finances, facts, and more.
Note: The BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) does not support hands-free calling via the built-in Google Assistant.
Chromecast built-in: Chromecast built-in lets you instantly stream select music apps from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device to the BeoSound BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) speaker system. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app to start streaming to the BeoSound BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) speaker. You can even adjust the volume or change the song, right from your mobile device. And with Chromecast built-in, you can keep using your phone to send texts, answer calls, and scroll through social media without disturbing your music. Unlike Bluetooth, Chromecast built-in works over WiFi so you can connect more than one device to the BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) speaker system at a time and control what's playing from anywhere in the house on your mobile device.
- Supported Content: Chromecast built-in offers Internet Radio apps like TuneIn & iHeart Radio; plus online music service apps like Tidal, Pandora, Spotify (requires Premium subscription), YouTube Music, Google Play Music, and more. You can even mirror exactly what's playing on your Android phone or tablet to the BeoSound BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) speaker. Or, if you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome browser.
- Google Home: Multiple Chromecast built-in speakers can be added to the same WiFi network to form a multiroom audio system using the Google Home app. Using the Google Home app for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 4.4+, you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast Built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song throughout your house at the same time. Only Chromecast built-in compatible music apps are supported.
Note: Chromecast built-in is a cloud based function and requires that the BeoSound BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) and your Apple iOS or Android mobile device are on the same wireless network, and have access to the Internet.
AirPlay 2: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the BeoSound BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on compatible Sonos speakers. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on a BeoSound BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) speaker system. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The BeoSound BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, desktop computer and more to the BeoSound BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) speaker system. Basic playback control, such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track can be done from the speaker's top-panel controls. The speaker can pair with up to 8 devices, but only one device can be used for playback at a time. Once paired, the BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: Bluetooth is only active after set up with the Google Home app. This speaker does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
Top-Panel Controls: The top of the speaker works as a simple-to-use control panel. Simply tap to start your favorite radio station, turn the wheel to adjust the volume and swipe to change tracks. The control panel even detects your position allowing uniform and intuitive operation from any direction. In addition, there are four favorite buttons on the top of the BeoSound 1 (2nd gen), which can be assigned to your favorite internet radio stations and music playlists, as well as access to news, weather, or your calendar.
Power Requirements: With its built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, The BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) is a portable speaker that accompanies you almost anywhere you want to hear music. A single charge delivers up to 16 hours of playback at moderate listening levels and 4 hours of playback at loud listening levels. The included AC power cord allows you to power the speaker from an electrical AC outlet. The built-in battery charged while the speaker its connected to AC power. Charging time is approximately 2 hours.
Placement Options: The BeoSound 1 (2nd gen) is extremely easy to integrate into your home interior thanks to its clean lines and minimal footprint. Place it on a table, your night stand, or anywhere you want to enjoy beautiful music. It doesn't matter where you place it, the speaker system still fills every corner of your room with warm, rich sounds.