About the Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 1
Portable sound with elegance and style
Portable sound with elegance and style
If you use your best china to entertain, why not do the same with your portable speaker? The Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 1 has an attractive Euro-modern design that can set the tone for your next get-together — whether it's on your deck or inside your home. This brushed aluminum cone delivers rich, detailed sound in a wide 360° soundfield. Stream Bluetooth from your smartphone or tablet. Use it with your home Wi-Fi® network. It supports Spotify® Connect, Apple® AirPlay®, Chromecast built-in, and DLNA — lots of ways to connect to your favorite music. Plus, the BeoSound 1 can be part of a Beoplay multi-room audio system for enjoying music all around your home.
Advanced audio design
The speaker is crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum. A built-in 1-1/2" full-range driver fires onto a conical acoustic lens that reflects the sound and disperses it outward in a circle. A bottom-firing 4" woofer delivers rich, strong bass. Both drivers have their own Class D amplifier for accurate sound reproduction.
Versatile multi-room audio
Bang & Olufsen BeoSound and Beoplay gear uses Chromecast built-in to create a multi-room wireless audio network. Download the free Beoplay control app from either the Apple App Store or Google Play to start. The app lets you remotely control your BeoSound 1, as well other compatible B&O wireless speakers in your home.
The app has Deezer built in for additional music choices, plus TuneIn so you can enjoy internet radio stations from around the world. You can have all your B&O speakers wirelessly play the same song throughout your home, or have each speaker play a different song from a different source — or any combination in between.
- built-in Bluetooth 4.1 for high-quality streaming from smartphones and tablets
- Spotify Connect built-in
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone, iPod, or computer's iTunes®
- DLNA for streaming from Android™ smartphone, tablets, and compatible PCs
- Google Chromecast built-in
- acoustic lens technology creates a 360° soundfield
- one 1-1/2" full-range driver, one 4" woofer
- 2 Class D amplifiers for accurate sound
- total system power: 60 watts (20W for full-range driver, 40W for woofer)
- plays high-resolution music files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- frequency response: 35-24,300 Hz
- touch wheel control with proximity sensor
- detects user's position for intuitive dial control from any direction
- Beoplay app:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- Apple Watch® app control
- Deezer music streaming service built-in
- TuneIn internet radio built-in
- control multiple BeoSound 1 speakers and compatible Beoplay speakers to play the same song simultaneously or different songs in different rooms
- customizable speaker and group names
- displays current song and artist information
- Live Search to find radio stations playing specific song or artist
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to your home network
- aluminum cabinet
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 16 hours
- 6-1/8" diameter x 12-7/8"H
- weight: 7.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1665611
What's in the box:
- Wireless audio speaker
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 1
360-Degree Sound: No matter where your place it, the BeoSound 1 fills every corner of your room with warm, rich sound. With immersive 360-degree sound performance everyone shares the same experience. The BeoSound 1 features a 1.5" full-range driver powered by a 40 watt Class D amplifier and a 4" woofer powered by a 20 watt Class D amplifier - all inside an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure. It has a frequency response of 35Hz to 24,300 Hz.
Crafted of High-Grade Aluminum: The BeoSound 1 is crafted in high-grade aluminum with incredible attention to detail. Aluminum provides superior acoustic properties thanks to its material stiffness and seamless surfaces that eliminate any distortion of your sound.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The BeoSound 1 provides wired and wireless connectivity to your home network. It has a RJ-45 Ethernet jack for its wired connection and features built-in, dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n) for a wireless connection. A network connection is required for the Bang & Olufsen App, Chromecast built-in
Bang & Olufsen App: The Bang & Olufsen app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) is the simplest way to configure, control and enjoy the BeoSound 1 wireless audio speaker. It offers wireless network setup, access to your music and select music apps, multiroom control, and EQ settings.
- Network Setup: You can wirelessly connect the BeoSound 1 speaker system to your home network and WiFi router via the Bang & Olufsen app on your compatible smartphone or tablet device.
- Music Playback: The Bang & Olufsen app aggregates music stored on
your mobile device, your DLNA servers and computers, select music services
and Internet radio into one interface. All this content can be streamed to
the BeoSound speaker system via a network connection. The Bang & Olufsen app
will provide you with a quick overview and swift control of what is
currently playing, regardless of source.
- TuneIn: With more than 70,000 radio stations and 2 million on-demand programs registered, TuneIn is an online Internet Radio service where you can enjoy music, sports and news from all over the world.
- Deezer: Enjoy full integration with the Deezer music streaming service. Use the app to navigate and search over 35 million tracks, access your playlists and add new songs to your favorites with just one click.
- Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly see, select and stream to the speaker from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify Connect will stream crystal-clear lossless audio over WiFi to the BeoSound 1 speaker system. Once Spotify Connect is selected on the Bang & Olufsen app, it will take you to the Spotify app for control.
- Multiroom Audio: From the app you can unite multiple Bang & Olufsen speaker systems (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to play different music sources from within in different rooms, or let one tune flow throughout your home. You get a quick and simple overview of the music in every room and can control it from wherever you are with the Bang & Olufsen app on your compatible mobile device. Compatible multiroom audio sources include Chromecast built-in, AirPlay, DLNA, and Bluetooth.
- Audio Settings: The Bang & Olufsen app also offers Position Optimization Settings and a built-in EQ to maximize the quality of sound depending if the speaker is placed in a corner, by a wall, or in free space.
- Firmware Updates: Firmware & software updates for the BeoSound 1 are done over the network through the Bang & Olufsen app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
Chromecast Built-In: Chromecast built-in lets you instantly stream select music apps from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device to the BeoSound 1 speaker system. Unlike Bluetooth, Chromecast built-in works over WiFi so you can connect more than one device to the BeoSound 1 speaker system at a time and control what's playing from anywhere in the house on your mobile device. Because the music apps are streamed from the cloud, you get crystal clear sound and your mobile device's battery won't drain as fast compared to Bluetooth.
- Supported Content: Chromecast built-in offers Internet Radio apps like TuneIn & iHeart Radio; plus online music service apps like Pandora, Spotify (requires Premium subscription), Google Play Music, and more. You can even mirror exactly what's playing on your Android phone or tablet to the BeoSound 1 speaker. Or, if you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome browser.
- Simple-to-Use: Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app to start streaming to the BeoSound 1 speaker. You can even adjust the volume or change the song, right from your mobile device. And with Chromecast built-in, you can keep using your phone to send texts, answer calls, and scroll through social media without disturbing your music.
- Google Home: Multiple Chromecast built-in speakers can be added to the same WiFi network to form a multiroom audio system using the Google Home app. Using the Google Home app for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 4.4+, you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast Built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song throughout your house at the same time. Only Chromecast Built-in compatible music apps are supported.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase a Google Home wireless speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The BeoSound 1 & the Google Home Speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Note: Chromecast built-in is a cloud based function and requires that the BeoSound 1 and your Apple iOS or Android mobile device are on the same wireless network, and have access to the Internet.
AirPlay: AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream music directly from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 4.3.3+) or from your iTunes library on your Windows (XP-up) or Mac computer (running iTunes 10.2.2+) to the BeoSound 1 speaker system, over your home's WiFi network. By downloading Apple' free Remote App onto your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad you don't even need to be in the same room as the speaker or your computer to play, pause, skip, and stop the songs in your iTunes music library. AirPlay can be enabled to work with multiroom distribution through the Bang & Olufsen app. AirPlay requires that the BeoSound 1 and your Apple iOS device or computer are on the same wireless network.
DLNA: The BeoSound 1 is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drive connected to your home network. Use the Bang & Olufsen app on your Apple iOS or Android device to access these music files. MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA. DLNA works with multiroom distribution through the Bang & Olufsen app. Compatible music files include MP3, WMA, AAC, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, and AIFF (up to 24-bit/192kHz).
Bluetooth 4.1: The BeoSound 1 offers built-in Bluetooth 4.1 with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP). You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC/Phone, Mac computer/laptop and more to the BeoSound 1 speaker system. Basic playback control, such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track can be done from the speaker's top-panel controls. The speaker can pair with up to 8 devices, but only one device can be used for playback at a time. Once paired, the BeoSound 1 will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33'). Bluetooth can also be distributed to multiple Bang & Olufsen wireless speakers (sold separately) that support multiroom distribution through the Bang & Olufsen app.
Top-Panel Controls: The top of the speaker works as a simple-to-use control panel. Simply tap to start your favorite radio station, turn the wheel to adjust the volume and swipe to change tracks. The control panel even detects your position allowing uniform and intuitive operation from any direction.
Rechargeable Battery: With its built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, The BeoSound 1 is a portable speaker that accompanies you almost anywhere you want to hear music. A single charge delivers up to 16 hours of playback at moderate listening levels and 4 hours of playback at loud listening levels.
Placement Options: The BeoSound 1 is extremely easy to integrate into your home interior thanks to its clean lines and minimal footprint. Place it on a table, your night stand, or anywhere you want to enjoy beautiful music.