About the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay M3
Stylish and versatile
Stylish and versatile
The Bang & Olufsen Beoplay M3 sports a sleek polymer cabinet with Euro-modern styling. This powered speaker is compatible with all the most common types of wireless audio, giving you lots of ways to listen. Stream Bluetooth from your smartphone or tablet. Use it with your home Wi-Fi® network. Spotify® Connect, Apple® AirPlay®, Chromecast built-in, and DLNA are all on board. And the M3 can be part of a Beoplay multi-room audio system.
Innovative audio design
The Beoplay M3 features a high-performance 3/4" tweeter and 3-3/4" woofer. Each is powered by its own Class D amplifier for clean, accurate sound. Bang & Olufsen's True360 sound technology creates an omnidirectional soundfield. Wherever you place the M3 in your room, you'll hear great sound.
Built-in Bluetooth 4.2 lets you stream high-quality sound from your smartphone or tablet. Built-in Wi-Fi® connects the Beoplay M3 to your home network and the internet.
Own an iPhone®, iPad®, Apple Watch® or Mac®? The M5 has built-in Apple AirPlay®. You can even use your Apple Watch to control the system.
Prefer your Android™ smartphone or tablet or a Windows® PC? Use DLNA for advanced streaming options. And the speaker has Spotify Connect built-in for use with both Apple and Android devices.
Versatile multi-room audio
Bang & Olufsen's Wi-Fi-enabled Beoplay speakers uses Chromecast built-in to create a multi-room wireless audio network. Download the free Beoplay control app from either the Apple App Store or Google Play to start. The app lets you remotely control your M3, as well other compatible Beoplay speakers in your home.
The app has Deezer built in for additional music choices, plus TuneIn so you can enjoy internet radio stations from around the world. You can have all your Beoplay speakers play the same song throughout your home, or have each speaker play a different song from a different source — or any combination in between.
Roon-compatible for serious music lovers
The M3 is also compatible with Roon, a subscription digital music player you download to your smartphone, tablet, or computer. It gives you multi-room audio playback for all your Chromecast-compatible devices and more. Roon accesses your digital music collection from your iTunes library or NAS drive. It also works with your TIDAL subscription. Roon lets you do deep dives into your music, showing artist bios, photos, reviews, and lyrics. Roon can also suggest other artists and songs based on your selections, making it easy to discover new music you'll enjoy.
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for high-quality streaming from smartphones and tablets
- Spotify Connect built-in
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone, iPod, or computer's iTunes®
- DLNA for streaming from Android™ smartphone, tablets, and compatible PCs
- Google Chromecast built-in
- True360 sound technology creates an omnidirectional soundfield
- one 3/4" tweeter and one 3-3/4" woofer
- two Class D amplifiers for accurate sound
- total system power: 80 watts (40 watts per driver)
- frequency response: 43-22,000 Hz
- touch-sensitive controls
- Beoplay App:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- Apple Watch® app control
- Deezer music streaming service built-in
- TuneIn internet radio built-in
- control multiple M3 speakers and compatible Beoplay speakers to play the same song simultaneously or different songs in different rooms
- customizable speaker and group names
- displays current song and artist information
- Live Search to find radio stations playing specific song or artist
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- requires AC power, power cable included
- 4-7/16"W x 5-15/16"H x 5-9/16"D
- weight: 3.1 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1200323
What's in the box:
- Wireless network audio speaker
- 58" AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
More details on the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay M3
BeoPlay M3: The B&O BeoPlay M3 is a wireless powered speaker that can function as a standalone speaker system or be connected to other BeoPlay speakers (sold separately) across multiple rooms. It offers Band & Olufsen's signature sound with wireless connectivity for Chromecast, AirPlay, and Bluetooth.
True360 Sound: The BeoPlay M3 has True360 sound that lets you enjoy equally good sound no matter where you are placed relative to the speaker. Designed to fill any small to medium room with rich and authentic Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound, the M3 delivers sound quality that's further enhanced by the finely engineered position of the 0.5" tweeter, 3" woofer, and sculptured disperser. This way an even and perfectly distributed ambient sound is guaranteed. The M3 produces a frequency range of 65 to 22,000 Hz.
Hand-Craft Materials: Hand crafted materials have been used for M3 to maximize the quality of its sound and design. Blended lamb's wool or pearl blasted, anodized aluminum have been used in the manufacture of its front covers. A soft shore polymer base adds stability to the speaker and improves bass performance.
Wireless Network Connection: The BeoPlay M3 provides wireless connectivity to your home network. The built-in WiFi supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz (a/b/g/n/ac) networks.
BeoPlay App: The BeoPlay App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) lets you configure and control the BeoPlay speaker system from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. It offers wireless network setup, access to your music and select music apps, multiroom control, and EQ settings.
- Network Setup: You wirelessly connect the BeoPlay speaker system to your home network and WiFi router via the BeoPlay app on your smartphone or tablet device.
- Music Playback: The BeoPlay App aggregates music stored on your
mobile device, your DLNA content, select music services and Internet radio
into one interface. All this content can be streamed to the BeoPlay speaker
system via a WiFi wireless network connection. The BeoMusic App will provide
you with a quick overview and swift control of what is currently playing,
regardless of source.
- Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly see, select and stream to the speaker from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify Connect will stream crystal-clear lossless audio over WiFi to the BeoPlay speaker system. Once Spotify Connect is selected on the the BeoPlay app, it will take you to the Spotify app for control.
- TuneIn: With more than 70,000 radio stations and 2 million on-demand programs registered, TuneIn is an online Internet Radio service where you can enjoy music, sports and news from all over the world.
- Deezer: Enjoy full integration with the Deezer music streaming service. Use the app to navigate and search over 35 million tracks, access your playlists and add new songs to your favorites with just one click.
- Multiroom: From the app you can unite multiple BeoPlay
speaker systems (sold separately) to play different music sources from
within in different rooms, or let one tune flow throughout your home. You
get a quick and simple overview of the music in every room and can control
it from wherever you are with the BeoMusic App on your compatible mobile
- Compatible Sources: Compatible sources include the stored music library on Apple iOS or Android device, select online music services (Deezer & TuneIn), Bluetooth, AirPlay and Aux.
- Compatible Speakers: Multiroom compatible speakers include the BeoPlay M3, M5, A6, and A9 (all sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
- EQ: The BeoPlay app also offer Position Optimization Settings to maximize the quality of sound depending if the speaker is placed in a corner, by a wall, or in free space.
Chromecast Built-In: Chromecast Built-in lets you instantly stream select music apps from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device to the BeoPlay M3 speaker system. Unlike Bluetooth, Chromecast Built-in works over WiFi so you can connect more than one device to the M3 speaker system at a time and control what's playing from anywhere in the house on your mobile device. Because the music apps are streamed from the cloud, you get crystal clear sound and your mobile device's battery won't drain as fast compared to Bluetooth.
- Supported Content: Chromecast Built-in offers Internet Radio apps like TuneIn & iHeart Radio; plus online music service apps like Pandora, Spotify (requires Premium subscription), Google Play Music, and more. You can even mirror exactly what's playing on your Android phone or tablet to the BeoPlay M3 speaker. Or, if you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome browser.
- Simple-to-Use: Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast Built-in compatible music app to start streaming to the BeoPlay M3 speaker. You can even adjust the volume or change the song, right from your mobile device. And with Chromecast built-in, you can keep using your phone to send texts, answer calls, and scroll through social media without disturbing your music.
- Google Home: Multiple Chromecast Built-in speakers can be added to the same WiFi network to form a multiroom audio system using the Google Home app. Using the Google Home app for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0.3+, you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast Built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song throughout your house at the same time. Only Chromecast Built-in compatible music apps are supported.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase the Google Home Wireless Speaker (8064658762, sold separately) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The BeoPlay M3 & the Google Home Speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Note: Chromecast Built-in is a cloud based function and requires that the BeoPlay M3 and your Apple iOS or Android mobile device are on the same wireless network, and have access to the Internet.
AirPlay: AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream music directly from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 4.3.3+) or from your iTunes library on your Windows (XP-up) or Mac computer (running iTunes 10.2.2+) to the BeoPlay M3 speaker system, over your home's WiFi network. By downloading Apple' free Remote App onto your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad you don't even need to be in the same room as the speaker or your computer to play, pause, skip, and stop the songs in your iTunes music library. AirPlay can be enabled to work with BeoLink Multiroom.
Note: AirPlay requires that the M3 and your Apple iOS device or computer are on the same wireless network.
DLNA: The BeoPlay M3 is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files (MP3, AAC, FLAC, & WAV) stored on your Windows PC or DLNA-certified NAS drive connected to your home network. Use the BeoMusic app on your Apple iOS or Android device to access these music files. MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA. DLNA works with BeoLink Multiroom.
Bluetooth 4.2: The BeoPlay M3 offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP). You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC/Phone, Mac computer/laptop and more to the BeoPlay M3 speaker system. You'll continue to use your compatible Bluetooth-enabled source device to control music playback functions and view song/artist information. The speaker can pair with up to 8 devices, but only one device can be used for playback at a time. Once paired, the M3 will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33'). Bluetooth can also be distributed to multiple BeoPlay speakers (sold separately) through the BeoPlay app.
Aux Input: The BeoPlay M3 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection an analog audio device with an analog output or headphone jack. The Aux input can even be multiroom distributed through the BeoPlay app and multiple compatible BeoPlay speakers.
Power Requirements: The BeoPlay M3 wireless audio speaker system comes with a 58" detachable AC power cord which must be plugged into an AC wall outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner.
Note: The BeoPlay M3 is not battery powered.