About the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay P2
Style and performance
The Beoplay P2's smooth, rounded shape lets it slip easily into your pocket.
Style and performance
I had an opportunity to try out the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay P2 recently. It's a fun little personal Bluetooth speaker with lots of cool features.
I appreciated the smooth, compact shape. I could slip the Beoplay P2 in and out of my pocket without snagging. And the customizable tap and shake commands meant I didn't have to fiddle with my phone to change songs or pause the music. And because I received the speaker during a week of non-stop rain, I was grateful for its splash-resistant design.
Great personal sound
The slim Beoplay P2 features a 2" full-range woofer for detailed midrange, and a 3/4" tweeter for clear highs. Each driver is powered by its own 15-watt Class D amplifier, yielding clean, accurate sound, even at high volume levels. A built-in microphone lets you use the P2 for hands-free calls, which also sound clear through the speaker.
Do more with the Beoplay App
To get the full benefit of the Beoplay P2, download the free control app from the Apple app store or Google Play. The app guides you through the simple setup process and serves as the player's remote. It also lets you adjust the EQ settings.
You can also save your sound presets and program the tap and shake commands. In my case, I elected to have the speaker play or pause when I double tapped it, and skip to the next track if I shook it. But that was just one of several options.
The Beoplay P2 features an aluminum core for added stability and vibration damping. The speaker's tough polymer shell is both dust- and water-resistant. A durable leather strap provides an easy way to carry your Beoplay P2.
- built-in Bluetooth 4.0 for high-quality streaming from smartphones and tablets
- one 3/4" tweeter and one 2" full-range driver
- each speaker powered by its own 15W Class D amplifier for accurate sound
- 50 watts x 2 peak power
- frequency response: 68-21,000 Hz
- dust and splash resistant
- Beoplay App:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- compatible with Apple Watch® and Siri voice commands
- programmable tap and shake commands
- preset sound profiles
- control volume and equalization settings from smartphone or tablet
- battery status
- built-in microphone for hands-free calls and voice commands
- USB mini input for charging (USB charging cable included)
- leather strap
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 10 hours
- 5-9/16"W x 3-3/16"H x 1-1/8"D
- weight: 9.7 oz.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1280480
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker (attached wrist-strap)
- 20" USB-C to USB-A cable
- Important Safety Instructions
Bang & Olufsen Beoplay P2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay P2
Built-In Bluetooth: The BeoPlay P2 offers built-in Bluetooth (version 4.2) with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP/AVRCP) and hands-free communication (HFP). It even support Apple Siri and Google Now voice commands. The speaker can pair with your Bluetooth device with a single press of a button and no PIN entry.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): With support for Bluetooth A2DP wireless audio streaming, you'll be able to stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer to the BeoPlay P2 speaker system. Thanks to support for Bluetooth AVRCP, you can also control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the P2 speaker. You can also activate Siri on your Apple device or Google Now on your Android device from the Bluetooth speaker to control music playback. You'll continue to use your Bluetooth source device to control other playback functions and view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication (HFP): BeoPlay P2 has a built-in microphone and integrated controls which allow you to answer and end calls, as well as dial out using voice recognition (compatible with Apple's Siri and Google Now digital voice assistants). When there is an incoming call, your music will be paused and the callers voice will be heard through the Bluetooth speaker, while you carry on your side of the conversation through the built-in microphone. Advance phone functions will still need to be done from your smartphone.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the BeoPlay P2.
Rugged Housing: The BeoPlay P2 combines a polymer housing with an oval aluminum grill to form a strong protective shell for the Bluetooth speaker. Splash and dust resistant, the BeoPlay P2 is designed to take its fair share of bumps and scrapes while still protecting the delicate drivers and electronics inside.
Two-Way Driver Design: The BeoPlay P2 features a two-way driver design with one 0.75" tweeter and one 2" woofer powered by a 15W RMS (50W Peak) x 2ch Class D amplifier for an audible range from 68Hz-21,000Hz. Bass extension is greater than you'd imagine for something so small.
BeoPlay App: Download the BeoPlay App onto your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad (iOS 8.0+) or Android smartphone/tablet (OS 5.0+) for additional unique features. Use the BeoPlay App to customize the interaction with the BeoPlay P2. Choose between Alarm Clock, Voice Activation, Remote, and more. Also, receive notifications for the latest firmware updates and customize your sound profile.
- Playback Control: The app offers playback controls such as Volume, Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track.
- Sound Profiles: Choose from a variety of sound profiles to match your mood and enhance listening pleasure based on your activity. Select Warm, Excited, Relaxed, Bright, Lounge, Party, Podcast, or Favorite (Custom Preset).
- Alarm: Set the alarm and wake up to your device's music library. Hit snooze to sleep in a little more.
- Firmware Updates: The BeoPlay app lets you know, whenever there is an update for the BeoPlay A1 speaker.
Rechargeable Battery: The BeoPlay P2 features a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery (7.2V/2200mAh) which can last up to 10 hours. The speaker comes with a USB charging cable which can be plugged into a free USB-A port on your computer or a USB/AC power adapter to recharge the battery. Charging times takes approximately 2 hours. An LED indicates battery status.
- Flashing Orange: The speaker's battery indicator will flash orange when charging.
- Solid Green: The LED turns solid green when the battery is fully charged.
- Solid Red: When the batter level below 15%, the LED will turn solid red.
- Flashing Red: When the battery level is below 10%, the LED indicator will flash red.
Note: The P2 speaker will automatically turn off when not in use for 15 minutes.
Carry Strap: A carry strap is attached to the P2 for added convenience when carrying the Bluetooth speaker with you, or use it to hang the speaker on the wall.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked