About the QSC AD-S.SUB
Solid bass for a custom sound system
Solid bass for a custom sound system
QSC's AD-S.SUB is designed to work as part of a team: it provides deep, musical bass for a customizable sound system, and you can connect up to four matching satellite speakers to its high-pass filtered mono output. When matched with compatible satellites, these speakers provide solid background music and easy-to-hear announcements for your customers. Installation gear is provided to securely mount the subwoofer on a wall.
Part of a customizable AcousticDesign™ system
This subwoofer shares voice characteristics with other speakers and subwoofers in the AcousticDesign lineup so you can mix-and-match to build a custom system. Other speakers in the lineup include:
One of our commercial design specialists can help you create a system that matches your unique space.
Get a free system design
- 6-1/2" in-ceiling subwoofer with dual voice-coil treated paper cone woofer
- 70-volt transformer with power taps at 12.5, 25, 50 and 100 watts
- 4-ohm bypass for flexible installation options
- frequency response: 45-150 Hz
- maximum SPL: 106 dB
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- high-pass filtered mono outputs for connecting up to four QSC AcousticDesign™ satellite speakers
- mounting accessories included
Dimensions and warranty:
- 8-1/4"W x 17"H x 13-13/16"D
- weight: 23.6 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AD-S.SUB-WH
What's in the box:
- 6.5" Dual voice-coil passive subwoofer (white)
- Rear cover-plate (pre-installed on sub)
- Three 4-pin Euroblock connectors (pre-installed on sub)
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- Five 1" machine screws
- 5 Split-washers
- 4 Adhesive rubber feet
- Four 4.5" wire-ties
- Quickstart guide
- Warranty information
More details on the QSC AD-S.SUB
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|System Frequency response||45-150Hz|
|Peak Power rating||N/A|
Overview: The QSC AD-S.SUB has been developed as part of QSC's AcousticDesign Series Sub/Sat systems. These systems can provide clear, crisp background music and paging for restaurants, lounges, waiting areas, and many other indoor applications where a "low-profile" audio speaker system is required.
Enclosure: The QSC AD-S.SUB features a 6.5" dual voice-coil subwoofer driver with a weather treated paper cone, and housed in a vinyl wrapped MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) enclosure. The subwoofer enclosure includes 2 front-firing ports.
70/100V & Low-Z: Rated for 100 watts peak power and with an effective frequency range from 45Hz up to 150Hz, the AD-S.SUB can be used in either a 70/100 volt system or in a low-impedance (Low-Z) configuration. The rear panel includes the following inputs:
- 70/100V (Hi-Z): One 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector is provided for running a mono 70 or 100
volt input signal and includes Thru terminals for daisy-chaining multiple speakers. Tap settings inlcude:
- 70V: 12.5W, 25W, 50W, and 100W.
- 100V: 25W, 50W, and 100W.
- Low-Z Bypass.
- Mono/Stereo (Low-Z): A second 4-pin Euroblock connector is used for connecting low impedance mono or stereo input. When connecting to the Mono terminals, the subwoofer presents a 4 ohm load. When wired as a Stereo input, an 8 ohm load is present on each of the left and right terminals.
Sub/Sat System: Designed to be used in a matched system, the AD-S.SUB features two pairs of Satellite speaker outputs on 4-pin Euroblock connectors for connecting optional satellite speakers such as QSC's AD-S.SAT surface-mount speakers or the AD-C.SAT in-ceiling satellite speakers (both sold separately). Each of the satellite speaker outputs features built-in 200Hz high-pass filtering.
Mounting: The QSC AD-S.SUB can be used in surface-mount applications and includes 4 adhesive rubber feet. A pair of wall-mount brackets is also included. Using a "Reversible-V" mounting design, one metal plate mounts to the subwoofer while the other mounts to a wall or vertical surface. The subwoofer is then lowered onto the wall plate with both mounting plates simply wedging together.
Terminals: All wiring to the AD-S.SUB speakers is done through three 4-pin Euroblock connectors, each accepting speaker wire up to 12AWG. All of the Euroblock speaker connectors include 2 anchor screws for securing them to the back of the speaker housing. The AD-S.SUB inlcudes a rear-panel cover, for protecting the terminals and wiring.