About the QSC CP12
Versatility and power
Versatility and power
Whenever I hear a band sounding great in a local club, it's amazing how often they are playing through QSC speakers. Now, QSC's CP Series CP12 offers their legendary sound quality in a compact, lightweight powered speaker for the budget-conscious. With its 3-channel input mixer, onboard digital signal processing, and 1000-watt amplifier, the CP12 gives you the power and flexibility to work in a variety of settings.
Full-range sound for your application
The CP12's 12" woofer and 1.4" high-frequency compression driver work together to deliver a clear, powerful, full-range sound. Digital signal processing balances the power between drivers and offers a variety of sound settings that let you tailor the sound to your particular application. QSC's DMT™ (Directed Matched Transition) design ensures that the woofer and tweeter's sound patterns match at the crossover point, and produce a flat frequency response throughout the coverage area. A built-in limiter protects the speakers from overload damage.
The CP12's tough, lightweight polypropylene enclosure and powder-coated steel grille stand up to the hazards of storage and setup. You can set up your CP12 as a floor wedge monitor, on a speaker stand for PA coverage, or surface-mounted via a yoke mount (sold separately).
- 2-way powered PA speaker
- 12" woofer and 1.4" high-frequency compression driver
- 1000-watt Class D amplifier (peak: 800W to woofer, 200W to tweeter)
- maximum SPL: 126 dB peak
- frequency response: 49-20,000 Hz
- coverage: 75° axisymmetric
Connections and Controls:
- 3 input mixer with gain controls
- Ch A: microphone/line XLR-1/4" TRS combo
- Ch B: Hi-Z/line XLR-1/4" TRS combo
- Ch C: stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS
- XLR output: mix (Ch A + B + C)
- preset library includes Floor Monitor, Dance, Speech, and more
- polypropylene enclosure with powder-coated steel grille
- includes 35mm pole socket and M8 rigging points
- dimensions: 20-1/4"H x 13-3/4"W x 12-3/4"D
- weight: 30-3/8 lb.
- warranty: 1 year (or 6 years with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CP12
What's in the box:
- Powered Loudspeaker
- 117" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Quickstart guide
- Safety and Warnings guide
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the QSC CP12
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.4|
|System Frequency response||49-20k|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1000|
|Input Connections||1 XLR/TRS combo|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/1/4" combo|
|Tone Controls||6 Preset contours|
Overview: The QSC CP12 is a compact and portable 2-way, powered PA speaker featuring a 1000 watt peak power Class-D amplifier in a sleek and rugged enclosure. The CP12's flexible design makes it ideal as a main PA, stage monitor, or instrument amplifier, for both portable and installed applications.
Enclosure and Drivers: The CP12 features a 2-way speaker design that includes a 12" woofer and a 1.4" compression driver housed in a durable polypropylene ported enclosure and protected by a powder-coated steel grill. The enclosure features a top-mounted carry handle for portability and a 35mm socket on the bottom for pole-mounting. The PA speaker has feet that allow it to sit upright and also incorporates a beveled back section, allowing it to lay at an upward angle, acting as a stage monitor.
Amplifier: Powering the 2-way driver system is a 1000 watt peak power Class-D amplifier, designed specifically for the matched transducers, with 800 watts peak power for the woofer and 200 watts peak power for the high frequency compression driver. The amp uses convection cooling for heat dissipation, even in hot climates, without adding any background noise, while carefully tailored, sophisticated dynamics processing protect the drivers from damaging distortion. QSC also incorporates Directivity Matched Transition technology that provides a consistent frequency response across the entire coverage area. The result is a highly accurate and musical sound that maintains full signal integrity, even at high SPLs.
Intrinsic Correction and DSP: The CP12 utilizes QSC's advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) with Intrinsic Correction, providing superior sound quality in any speaker array. A rear-panel switch allows you to select one of 6 different Voicing Contour presets for specific applications:
- Default: The Default (full-range) setting is the standard for use with live or program music, or with instruments.
- Default Ext Sub: This is the same as the Default setting, but adds an 80Hz high-pass filter for use with a subwoofer.
- Dance: This preset enhances low frequencies and adds clarity to the mids and highs, and is suitable for program material playback such as pop or electronic music.
- Dance Ext Sub: Uses the same DSP as Dance, but adds an 80Hz high-pass filter for use with a subwoofer.
- Floor Monitor: Provides a full, balanced sound when used as a wedge monitor and provides added stability when live microphones are used nearby.
- Speech: This DSP voicing is only applied to Input B and adds clarity and stability when used with either a hand-held dynamic microphone or a headset mic. When this is set, inputs A and C remain on the Default DSP preset so that music or audio can pass through the speaker without being affected by the Speech setting.
Control Panel: The CP12's rear control panel provides the following jacks and controls:
- Input A: This input is comprised of a combination balanced XLR and 1/4" input, that can accept line level signals, and a Gain control with a range from Off to +10. A corresponding Signal LED indicates when a signal is present.
- Input B: Also comprised of a combination balanced XLR and 1/4" jack, this input can accept either Line or Mic level signals (no phantom power is provided). This input also has its own Gain control and Signal LED.
- Input C: This input is a 3.5mm stereo Aux jack for playing music from a portable playback device. Its input level is simultaneously controlled by the Input A Gain control.
- Mic Boost: When pressed in, this button provides a +25 dB boost to the input signal on the B input. A corresponding LED lights when Mic Boost is on.
- Contour: This rotary switch allows selection of one of the 6 DSP Voicing Contour presets.
- Mix Out: This male XLR output jack provides a line-level mix of Inputs A, B, and C that is Post Gain. The Output signal can be sent to additional powered loudspeakers and is unaffected by the internal DSP processing.
- Limiter Indicator: This will light red when the built-in Limiter is activated to protect the amplifier and speakers. This can be activated if the signal level is too high or the amplifier gets too hot.
- Power Indicator: Lights blue when the main power switch is turned on.
- Power Switch: On/Off
Warranty: QSC provides a standard 1 year warranty, but will extend it to 3 years with product registration.
- Configuration: Two-way, active loudspeaker
- LF: 12" Cone driver
- HF: 1.4" Compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6dB): 49Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 47Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 75˚ Axisymetric
- Maximum Rated SPL: 126dB
- Amplifier: Class-D, 800 watts (LF driver), 200 watts (HF driver)
- Inputs: (2) Balanced XLR/1/4" combination jacks (one for Mic/Line level signals, one for Line level only), (1) 3.5mm Aux jack
- Outputs: (1) XLR line level Mix Out.
- Enclosure: Polypropylene, ported
- Grill: Powder coated steel mesh
- Input Power: Universal power supply, 100 - 240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: Width - 13.750", Height - 20.250", Depth - 12.750"
- Net Weight: 30.3 lbs.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?