About the QSC GX5
QSC quality at a workingman's price
QSC quality at a workingman's price
You're working on a budget, but you still want a professional amplifier that offers advanced construction and reliability. QSC's GX Series amplifiers feature advanced protection circuitry that keeps things running smoothly, and their multiple signal routing options make it easy to adapt the amp to any job at hand. And these lightweight amps won't weigh down your rack, so life at the end of a show is just a little bit easier.
Plenty of power
The 2-channel GX5 amplifier delivers 500 watts per channel to an 8-ohm load, and up to 700 watts per channel with a 4-ohm load. If you're powering a sub, the GX5's crossover switch allows you to use channel 1 to power your sub and channel 2 to power your full-range speaker. You'll find two gain controls on the front panel, along with red clip LEDs, green signal LEDs, and blue power LEDs.
Ins and outs
On the rear panel, you'll find XLR, 1/4" TRS, and phono inputs, along with Speakon®/1/4" TS combo jacks and binding posts for your outputs. QSC's GuardRail™ circuitry senses clipping and reduces gain accordingly so the amp keeps playing without a performance-killing shutdown. Meanwhile, a variable-speed fan and healthy heat sink keep things cool, so you can push this amp hard without a worry.
- 2-channel power amplifier
- power output:
- 500 watts per channel at 8 ohms
- 700 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise: 100 dB
- front-panel LEDs indicate power, active status, and clipping
- GuardRail circuitry senses clipping and reduces gain
- sub/satellite crossover: high-pass/low-pass filters at 100 Hz
- DC voltage, short circuit, thermal, and current limiting protection
- inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS, phono
- outputs: Speakon/1/4" TS combo jacks, binding posts
- weight: 28 lbs.
- dimensions: 3-1/2"H x 19"W x 10-1/8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GX5
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel power amplifier
- 8' AC power cord
- 4 Rubber feet
- "Hookup Drawing" sheet
- Product Warranty/Registration Card
QSC GX5 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the QSC GX5
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Watts per channel 8 ohms||500|
|Watts per channel 4 ohms||700|
|Watts per channel 2 ohms||350|
Two-Channel Amplifier: The QSC GX series GX5 two-channel amplifier is rated a 500W x 2ch (8Ω), 700W x 2ch (4Ω), or 350W x 2ch (2Ω). A 2-ohm load is not recommended for high power use; to avoid protective limiting, use only at low levels.
Balanced & Unbalanced Inputs: The QSC GX series amplifier features a pair of balanced XLR inputs, a pair of 1/4" jacks that will accept either balanced TRS or unbalanced TS inputs, and a pair of unbalanced RCA jacks. The balanced inputs can be used for long or short runs, while the unbalanced inputs should only be used for short runs. The XLR and TRS jacks are connected internally and provide feed-thru to the other connector.
Speaker Outputs: The GX series amplifier is fitted with a pair of Speakon combo speaker terminals and two pair of binding post speaker terminals. The Speakon combo terminals will accept a 2-pole Speakon connector or 1/4" TS jack. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire, banana plugs, pin-connectors and spade-connectors.
Independent Gains Controls: The GX series amplifier offers independent gain controls for Ch 1 and Ch 2. The detented gain controls provide precise setting and matching of sensitivity.
Subwoofer/Satellite Crossover: A subwoofer reduces strain on the full-range speaker, allowing it to play louder, or letting a smaller speaker do the same job. The GX Series supports this mode with a Crossover switch that splits the full-range input entering Ch 1, sending 20 Hz -100 Hz to the sub (Ch 1) and 100 Hz - 20 kHz to the "top box" speaker (Ch 2). The front panel gain controls balance the sub and top box, while GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range. GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range.
GuardRail: GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns.
Front-Panel LEDs: Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Red: Red flashing LEDs indicate the amp is being overdriven. Heavy overdrive triggers internal gain reduction, to reduce overload distortion. Normal gain will resume after the signal level returns to normal.
- Green: The green LED starts flashing on soft signals (-35 dB), and changes to steady green as the signal level increases.
- Blue: The blue Power LED indicates that the AC switch is on, and the amp is receiving power. Within two seconds, it is ready to use.
Cooling Fan & Vents: The internal fan moves air through the chassis and out of its front- and rear-panel vents to reduce temperature rise. Keep vents clear. The fan speeds up in response to heavy use.