About the QSC K12
Made to perform
Made to perform
QSC designed their K Series speakers to set a new standard for powered loudspeakers. From its 1000-watt power amp to its sophisticated digital signal processing, countless artists and PA contractors have given the K12 powered speaker a big thumbs-up for power, clarity, dependability, and rugged construction. When you witness this compact speaker in action, your eyes won't believe what your ears are hearing.
The K12 has set the standard for powered speakers with powerful performance from a compact enclosure.
Built for fidelity
The K12 speaker features a 1000-watt amplifier that'll hang with the loudest powered speakers, powering a high-performance 12" woofer and a matched 1-3/4" high-frequency compression driver. QSC's gone to great lengths to make sure that this speaker's output is truly musical. The speaker houses a sophisticated digital signal processor that blends the low and high frequencies, then analyzes and adjusts time, frequency, and amplitude, so you get a remarkably even mix throughout the room.
QSC's DEEP™ processing punches up bass response while protecting the 12" woofer from low-frequency transients, while GuardRail™ eliminates bass clipping so your audience won't know when you're pushing your speakers hard. And the K12 makes these adjustments automatically, so you can concentrate on the music.
Ready to rock
It's not enough just to have a smart, effective, powerful speaker — a speaker has to survive the constant grind of setup and tear-down. The K12 features a black-painted ABS cabinet that's ready to take a thumping, while a powder-coated steel grille protects the speakers from hard knocks. A switchable fan keeps things cool under the hood when you're pushing the system. The K12 is ready to take all you have to dish out while delivering a new level of power and clarity.
- 2-way powered speaker
- 12" woofer and 1-3/4" compression driver
- 1000 watt Class D amplification (500W to woofer, 500W to tweeter)
- peak power: 2000 watts
- black-painted ABS enclosure with powder-coated steel grille
- includes 35mm pole socket and M10 rigging points
- max SPL: 129 dB peak
- frequency range: 52-18,000 Hz
- dimensions: 23-3/4"H x 14"W x 14"D
- weight: 41 lb.
- warranty: 3 years (or 6 years with registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # K12
What's in the box:
- Powered PA speaker
- AC power cord
- User Manual
- Warning Information Sheet
QSC K12 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the QSC K12
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.75|
|System Frequency response||60-18000|
|RMS Power rating||1000|
|Program Power rating||N/A|
|Peak Power rating||2000|
|Input Connections||1 XLR/TRS combo|
|Line Inputs||XLR, 1/4", RCA|
K Series PA Speaker: QSC's K Series powered loudspeaker has been primarily designed for portable audio reinforcement. This includes a variety of uses in reinforcement for entertainers and presenters. The K12 is designed to perform well on their own as a full-range speaker or combined with QSC's KSub powered sub (907KSUB, sold separately). The K12 can be used singly, in stereo pairs, or in distributed audio systems.
Two-Way Amplified Speaker Design: The QSC K12 employs a two-way amplified speaker design with an 12" woofer powered by 500W class D amplifier and a 1.75" horn-loaded tweeter powered by it own 500W class D amplifier.
Digital Signal Processing: The K12 features advanced, proprietary DSP (digital signal processing) circuitry that greatly enhances the capabilities and performance of the K series system. Some of the DSP functions are fixed at the factory, while others are user adjustable.
- Low Frequency EQ: There are three low-frequency settings - Normal (loudspeaker is producing normal low-frequency signal), Ext Sub (engages 100Hz high-pass filter when using external powered sub), and Deep (engages proprietary algorithm, providing increased low frequency extension).
- High Frequency EQ: There are two high-frequency settings - Flat (loudspeaker is producing a flat response through the vocal band) or Vocal Boost (engages EQ that gives a stronger presence for vocal intelligibility and presences).
- Excursion Limiting: In addition to signal limiting to protect the amplifier and woofers from overload, the K12 utilizes a proprietary limiter that prevents woofer over-excursion. Over-excursion occurs when a voltage presented to the woofer causes the cone to physically travel too far. This builds up excessive heat, stresses the moving parts of the woofer, produces audible artifacts and distortion and reduces the woofer's lifespan. The proprietary algorithm contained in Excursion Limiting prevents over-excursion. Voltages that will harm the woofer through over-excursion are reduced enough to prevent over-excursion without any audible compression, limiting or loss.
Mic & Line Level Inputs: The QSC K12 is designed to accept MIC Level
and Line Level inputs with several different connectors.
There are three input connection points on the input panel.
- Channel A: Channel A will accept MIC or Line Level inputs by connecting a male XLR cable or a male 1/4" phone cable (either TS or TRS type may be used). For MIC Level, the MIC/LINE selector switch must be in the "MIC" position, activating the MIC Pre-amp. The MIC setting should only be used if a microphone is connected directly to the MIC/LINE input. The LINE setting should be used for most other audio inputs.
- Channel B: Channel B will accept Line Level input only, by
connecting a male XLR cable or a male 1/4" phone cable (either TS or
TRS type may be used). Channel B will also accept mono or stereo Line Level input on a pair of RCA (phono) jacks.
Note: The Mic input setting does not provide phantom power.
XLR Outputs: Both Channel A & Channel B have discrete male XLR connector outputs. The signal on this output is exactly equivalent to the signal from the corresponding input. The level of the output signal is not affected by the gain setting for that channel. Additionally, signal delivered on the RCA (phono) jacks is not present on the Channel B direct line level output. The Post-Gain Line out male XLR connector is a mixed output of Channel A, Channel B, and the RCA (phono) jacks. This mix is affected by gain knobs on both Channel A & Channel B and the MIC/LINE switch on Channel A, but the output level is still Line Level.
Rugged ABS Enclosure: The QSC K12 powered loudspeaker features a rugged ABS enclosure with a steel grille and cast aluminum handles for longtime durability.
Mounting Options: The K12 was designed to sit on the floor, stage, subwoofer enclosure, be suspended, or be pole mounted on a 35mm diameter loudspeaker support pole.
- 35mm Pole Socket: The K12 equipped with a 35mm pole socket that allows use on a speaker stand or on a pole over a subwoofer. The pole socket features the QSC Tilt-Direct system for tilting the enclosures down 7.5 degrees while on the pole. When pole-mounted to the KSub, pole length must not exceed 26.5".
- Suspension Points: The K12 features three load-rated M10
installation points. The installation points may be used with any
forged shoulder eyebolt with a M10 thread, provided the length of the thread is no more than 0.8" (20mm).
- Slip Resistant Feet: The K12 can also simply be set on the floor or on the stage. Rubber feet on the enclosure's bottom help to minimize enclosure movement during operation.
Note: This is a self-powered loudspeaker containing an internal power amplifier that produces heat. Allow a minimum of 6" clearance at cabinet back for convection cooling. Keep anything that might restrict airflow away from the rear of the enclosure.
Auto Standby: All K Series speakers are equipped with an automatic standby feature to conserve energy when the systems are not in use. If no signal is present on any input of a K Series system or the gain knob is turned to off for five minutes, the power amplifier will go into standby. In this mode, the amplifier will be powered down. A small amount of voltage will continue to flow from the AC power source into the power supply of the K Series power module. This voltage will keep the power supply and DSP "awake" to reduce turn on time when the system is brought out of standby. The power up time of the amplifier is negligibly small and is shorter than the latency of the DSP, so no signal will be cut off when the K Series system is brought out of standby. A K Series loudspeaker can also be brought out of standby manually by turning the power switch off and then back on.
V-Lock Power Cord: The V-LOCK power cord has a special latching feature to prevent the power cord from being unintentionally removed. The IEC plug and socket are both blue in color so the power cord can be identified as a K Series loudspeaker cord.
GuardRail Protection Circuitry: GuardRail protection, first introduced on QSC's GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.