About the QSC K8.2
Second generation wow
Second generation wow
QSC raises the standards for PA sound quality with their K.2 Series K8.2 loudspeakers, the second generation of the legendary K Series. These little black boxes, each featuring a 3-channel input mixer, onboard digital signal processing, and a 2000-watt amplifier, will blow you away with their roar.
The woofer and tweeter play well together
QSC pairs the K8.2's 8" woofer with a 1.4" titanium high-frequency compression driver, achieving a perfectly blended response that'll deliver the sound you want where you want it. Sophisticated digital signal processing balances the power between drivers and offers a wide variety of sound settings and adjustments you can make to improve the sound for your particular application.
K8.2 back panel
Packed with technology
QSC uses their DMT™ (Directed Matched Transition) design to ensure that the woofer and tweeter's sound patterns match at the crossover point, and produce a flat frequency response throughout the coverage area. DEEP™ processing punches up bass response while protecting the 8" cone from over excursion. GuardRail™ eliminates bass clipping, protecting the woofer and the audience from distortion.
The K8.2 features a lightweight and tough ABS cabinet that'll easily stand up to the bumps and scrapes of hard work and travel. A powder-coated steel grille protects the speaker from frontal attack. You can set up your K8.2 as a floor wedge monitor or on a speaker stand for PA coverage. Dual pole cups allow you to mount your speaker pointing straight forward or at a 7.5-degree downward tilt, so the dancers can hear better.
- 2-way powered PA speaker
- 8" woofer and 1.4" titanium high-frequency compression driver
- 2000-watt Class D amplifier (peak: 1800W to woofer, 225W to tweeter)
- maximum SPL: 128 dB peak, 122 dB continuous
- frequency response: 59-20,000 Hz
- coverage: 105° conical
Connections and Controls:
- 3-input mixer with gain controls
- Ch A: microphone/line XLR-1/4" TRS combo
- Ch B: Hi-Z/line XLR-1/4" TRS combo
- Ch C: stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS
- 3 XLR outputs: Ch A, Ch B, and mix (Ch A + B + C)
- onboard digital signal processing includes delay, EQ, and crossover contour
- multi-function digital LCD screen
- preset library includes Stage Monitor, Dance Music, Hand-held Mic, and more
- settings can be stored as scenes
- latest firmware updates available from QSC.com
- black-painted ABS enclosure with powder-coated steel grille
- includes 35mm pole sockets and M10 rigging points
- can be pole-mounted aiming straight forward or tilted downward 7.5°
- dimensions: 17-3/4"H x 11"W x 10-5/8"D
- weight: 27 lb.
- warranty: 3 years (or 6 years with registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # K8.2-NA
What's in the box:
- Powered PA speaker
- AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the QSC K8.2
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.4|
|System Frequency response||59-20000|
|RMS Power rating||1000|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||2000|
|Input Connections||1 XLR/TRS combo|
|Line Inputs||XLR, 1/4", 1/8"|
QSC K.2 Series: The QSC K.2 Series represents the best in-class loudspeaker for today's demanding audio professionals. The perfect combination of elegant design, superior audio performance, high functionality, simple and intuitive operation, and genuine QSC reliability, K.2 delivers extraordinary results for users in both portable and installed applications.
Advanced Power & DSP: The 2000 Watt (Peak) power module delivers ample burst and continuous power for the loudspeaker's premium drivers. It has been designed with very low-noise fan cooling, enabling the enclosures to be used in settings where background noise must be kept to a minimum. Carefully tailored, subtle and sophisticated dynamics processing is used to protect the drivers from damage and the performance from distortion.
Two-Way Driver Design: The QSC K.2 Series powered loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a 1.4" titanium diaphragm compression driver and a 8" cone woofer. The 1.4" high frequency driver receives 200 watts of Peak power, while the 8" low frequency driver receives 1800 watts of Peak power. The two-way powered loudspeaker delivers a frequency range of 59-20kHz (-6dB) with a nominal coverage angle of 105 degrees.
DMT (Directivity Matched Transition: DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) design matches the coverage angle of the woofer at the cross-over frequency with the horn pattern to ensure uniform response across the coverage area. Intrinsic Correction techniques are also employed ensuring smooth power response from the loudspeaker. The result is an extremely accurate loudspeaker that behaves well in a wide range of acoustic spaces with little or no equalization.
Inputs: The K.2 Series powered speaker has three separate inputs - two combination XLR / 1/4" Phone Jack (Inputs A-B) and one 1/8" (3.5mm) TRS jack (Input C).
- Balanced Combo XLR / 1/4" TRS Jacks (A-B): A pair of balanced combo XLR/F plus 1/4" TRS connectors with independent gain control are provided. The first is equipped with selectable MIC/LINE (Microphone or Line) level input while the second offers selectable HI-Z/LINE (High Impedance or Line) level input, specifically for musical instruments.
- 1/8" (3.5mm) TRS Input: A 3.5mm TRS input jack with independent gain control is also provided for connection of sources such as smart phones, computers, and MP3 players.
Outputs: Both balanced combo inputs are connected directly to a pair of XLR/M throughput connectors so that the signals may be "daisy-chained" to another audio device. In addition to the two throughput XLRs, a line-level output with the mixed signal from all inputs is also provided.
Multi-Function Display: The K.2 Series powered loudspeaker provides a multi-function digital display for control and selection of loudspeaker functions including presets, scenes, crossover, EQ, delay, and frequency contour.
- EQ Presets: You can select from an extensive list of factory preset EQ contours including Live, Dance, Monitor, and many more.
- Scenes: Savable and recallable Scenes can store information like user EQ, Delay, and input configuration settings.
Rugged Enclosure: The QSC K.2 Series speaker is housed in a rugged impact resistant ABS enclosure for long life and lasting durability Ergonomic handles and a heavy-duty, powder-coated steel grille with fabric lining further enhance overall appearance and functionality. Its refined, professional appearance looks great in practically any application.
Mounting Options: The K.2 Series loudspeaker has been designed to sit on the floor, stage, a subwoofer enclosure, be suspended, or be pole mounted on a 35mm diameter loudspeaker support pole.
- Pole Mount: The QSC K.2 Series speaker is equipped with two 35mm pole sockets that allows use on a speaker stand or on a pole over a subwoofer (the subwoofer must have a 35mm pole socket capable of supporting the loudspeakers). One socket is for vertical mounting, the other for tilting the enclosures down 7.5 degrees.
- Suspension Rig: In addition, the K.2 Series speaker has features designed for various suspension methods. It features two M10 threaded inserts for suspension with eyebolts and a built-in pull-back ring. There are also yoke accessories (model numbers: K8.2 YOKE, K10.2 YOKE, K12.2 YOKE) for each model that can mount either to the sides of the cabinet or to the top and bottom. These yokes allow for rigid mounting to structures and rotation of the speaker system.
Note: This is a powered loudspeaker containing an internal power amplifier that produces heat. Allow a minimum of 6" clearance at the back of the cabinet for convection cooling. Keep anything that might restrict airflow away from the rear of the enclosure.
Applications: The K.2 Series has been primarily designed for portable audio reinforcement. This includes a variety of uses in reinforcement for entertainers and presenters. All are designed to perform well on their own in full-range audio. They can be used singly, in stereo pairs, or in distributed or delayed systems. They perform extraordinarily well as both main reinforcement systems and as floor monitors.
V-Lock Power Cord: The V-LOCK power cord has a special latching feature to prevent the power cord from being unintentionally removed. The IEC plug and socket are both blue in color so the power cord can be identified as a K.2 Series loudspeaker cord.
The QSC K8.2 replaces these items