About the QSC KS212C
Delivers the bass where you want it to go
Delivers the bass where you want it to go
A problem faced by many stage performers and DJs is a pounding subwoofer that vibrates the stage or booth so much it interferes with the performance. QSC solved this with their KS212C dual 12" subwoofer, which features a cardioid, heart-shaped coverage pattern that maximizes the bass firing into the room and minimizes the bass firing back at the performer. It's a win-win — the performers are happier and your house mix is much cleaner.
Powers the beat
This rather austere-looking box can roar out 132 dB of bass goodness, thanks to its 3,600 watts of Class D amplification and super-efficient bandpass enclosure design. Onboard sound processing includes a selectable crossover to blend the sub's sound with full-range PA speakers, and delay to clarify the bass in large applications.
Plays well in almost every situation
The KS212C can be set up in a vertical or horizontal position — rubber feet on the bottom and left side protect the enclosure and help cut down unwanted resonance. Speaker pole sockets on the sub's top and right side allow you to mount a PA speaker above the sub in either orientation. A 36.6" speaker mounting pole comes with the sub, so it'll be ready for PA work immediately. For transporting, you flip the enclosure onto its back where heavy-duty casters allow you to roll the sub to where it needs to be.
KS212C connection and control panel
- powered PA subwoofer
- two 12" low-frequency drivers
- 1800 watts peak x 2 Class D amplification
- peak output: 132 dB SPL at 1 meter
- frequency range: 44-104 Hz (-6 dB)
- coverage: 180° cardioid (15 dB rear rejection @ 70 Hz)
- built-in limiter protects amps and drivers
- 2 input channels with preamp outputs
- gain controls input sensitivity
- 80 Hz (optimum for QSC K.2 speakers)
- 100 Hz (optimum for QSC K, KLA, KW speakers)
- Delay: variable 0-100 milliseconds
- Scene: save and recall up to 5 settings
- Settings: LED on/off, display contrast, factory reset
- 6th order bandpass enclosure
- black-painted 15mm birch plywood with powder-coated steel grille and casters
- optional padded protective cover available
- two 35mm pole sockets
- 36-5/8" speaker pole included
- dimensions: 15-1/2"W x 24-1/2"H x 33-1/2"D (including casters)
- weight: 88.5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (or 6 years with registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KS212C
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 36.5" Speaker pole
- 118" Power cord (IEC 3-prong)
- Quickstart guide
- Warranty information
- Safety instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the QSC KS212C
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||---|
|System Frequency response||44-105Hz|
|RMS Power rating||---|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||1800 x 2|
|Line Inputs||(2) XLR/TRS Combo|
Overview: The QSC KS212C powered subwoofer is a 3,600 watt subwoofer designed for moderately-sized performance venues, mobile entertainers, AV production and rental professionals. Featuring a breakthrough cardioid dispersion pattern that focuses the bass where you want it, the KS212C is unparalleled in its ability to manage low frequencies on stage or any application where undesirable low frequencies need to be minimized.
Chassis: Powered by a 3,600 watt, fan-cooled, Class D amplifier, the KS212C features dual 12 inch, long-excursion drivers, each arranged in a 6th order bandpass chamber. Its unique, heavy-duty enclosure design, with a cardioid output pattern, is able to produce up to 15 dB more output from the front of the speaker than the rear. For added portability, the heavy-duty cabinet includes comfortable aluminum handles and 4 low-noise casters. The speaker enclosure was designed to sit either vertically or horizontally and includes two M20 sockets that can accept a 35mm speaker pole in either orientation (a 3' speaker pole is included).
Control Panel: Located on the rear of the subwoofer, the KS212C's inputs include two locking 1/4"/XLR combo jacks, accepting line-level signals, along with two male XLR pass-thru jacks that are wired in parallel to the inputs. A Gain control allows the signal to go from Off to +10 dB of gain, with a Limiter LED indicating if the signal is clipping and the built-in Limiter is activated. The Power switch, rear Power LED, and cooling fan are located on the rear panel along with a 2" LCD screen, a Selection dial, Enter and Return buttons that are used for selecting and changing settings. Settings include:
- Crossover Presets: Selects the frequency of the low-pass filter, with choices of 80Hz and 100Hz.
- Delay: A delay can be set for the subwoofer signal that can be set in either Milliseconds, Feet, or Meters, with up to 100 ms maximum time delay (112.5 ft. / 34.3 meters).
- Scenes: Different parameter configurations of the sub can be saved as Scenes for quick retrieval during use. Scenes can be saved and recalled in this option.
- Settings: This menu offers 6 options:
- Save Scenes
- Recall Scenes
- Firmware Version
- LED: Allows you to select which of the two LEDs will be lit while powered on: Front, Rear, or Both.
- Contrast: Changes the contrast of the LCD screen. Scale is from 0 - 15, with 8 being the default.
- Factory Reset: Resets the settings and clears out any saved Scenes.
- Configuration: Dual 12", 6th-order bandpass cardioid subwoofer
- Transducer: 2 x 12", cone
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 44Hz - 104Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 39Hz - 118Hz
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 180˚ cardioid (15 dB rear rejection @ 70Hz)
- Maximum SPL: 132 dB @ 1M (peak)
- Amplifier: Class D, 2 x 1800 watts (peak)
- Cooling: Low-noise, variable-speed fan
- Controls: Power On/Off, Gain Control, Rotary Encoder, Select, Return
- Indicators: 2 x Power LED (front and rear), Input Signal LED, Limiter Active LED
- Connectors: 2 x Locking female 1/4"/XLR combo jacks, 2 x male XLR pass-thru, Power connector
- Enclosure: 18mm Birch plywood
- Color: Black
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100 - 240VAC, 50/60Hz
- AC Power Consumption: 100VAC, 3.6A
- Dimensions: Width - 15.250", Height - 24.50", Depth - 33.250"
- Weight: 88.5 lbs.