About the QSC E115
A beautiful sounding speaker
A beautiful sounding speaker
Whenever I go to a club with a QSC PA system, I'm always knocked out by the sound. The E115, QSC's latest entry in the non-powered speaker arena, follows in this tradition of impressive performance. It features a heavy-duty 15" woofer and a 1.5" compression driver in a compact plywood enclosure with a cool black textured-paint finish. The speaker can sit upright on a stage or a pole, fly by hang points in a permanent installation, or lean back in wedge position as a stage monitor. It can handle up to 500 continuous watts, delivering powerful, clear sound for your audiences and musicians.
For the best sound, pair it with a QSC processor
QSC designed the E115 to work well with any amplifier or mixer, but its performance is greatly enhanced when you pair it up with a QSC GXD or PLD Series power amplifier or a TouchMix digital mixer. The built-in signal processing in those products optimizes this speaker for live sound, floor monitor, karaoke, or DJ applications, either with another speaker, a subwoofer, or by itself.
The E115 features metal dual-angle pole sockets that allow it to mount on a pole-stand either facing forward or tilted downward at a 10° angle for better audience coverage. A foam-padded metal grille protects the drivers from damage on the gig or in the van. The metal carrying handles on each side help when you're moving the speaker around.
- 2-way PA speaker
- 15" low-frequency driver
- 1.5" high-frequency compression driver
- power ratings: 500 watts continuous, 2000 watts peak
- peak output: 130 dB SPL at 1 meter
- frequency range: 55-20,000 Hz (-6 dB)
- coverage: 75° conical
- impedance: 8 ohms
- inputs: two NL4 connectors, screw terminals
- plywood enclosure coated with black textured paint
- two 35mm sockets for pole-mounting straight or downward 10°
- four M8 suspension points
- weight: 68 lbs.
- dimensions: 16.5"W x 28"H x 17.5"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # E115
What's in the box:
- One passive loudspeaker
- Quickstart guide
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the QSC E115
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||2.8|
|System Frequency response||55Hz-20kHz|
|Inputs||(1)NL4 (speakon), Barrier stri|
Overview: The QSC E115 is a passive, two-way loudspeaker with a multi-purpose design that can be used either as a stage monitor or as a main PA speaker. It features a 15" woofer, with a die cast frame and a 3.5" voice-coil, along with a 2.8" compression driver, housed in a durable plywood enclosure that's coated in tour-grade textured paint and includes a foam-lined perforated steel grill. The E115 is capable of outputting 500 watts of continuous and 2000 watts peak power.
Mounting: The E115's multi-purpose design allows it to be used for a wide variety of applications including for touring musicians, houses of worship, rental and production companies and more. Two sets of rubber feet allow the speaker to be seated either upright or on its side as a stage monitor. This second option lets the speaker to sit at a 55˚ angle, allowing it to be placed right in front of a performer when used on a crowded stage. Multiple threaded mounting points are located on the top, bottom, and sides of the speaker for use with the optional E-Series Yoke Mount or M8 Eyebolt kit. The Yoke Mount bracket can mount the speaker to a wall or ceiling, while the M8 Eyebolt kit allows it to be suspended or "flown" upright or on its side. The E115 includes two 35 mm sockets for pole-mounting. One mounts the speaker level while the other socket provides a 10˚ down-angle for improved audience coverage. An integrated carry-handle on the top of the speaker makes for easy portability.
DSP: QSC E-Series loudspeakers can be used with any high quality, appropriately powered amplifier, but can achieve greater performance when used in a complete E-Series Entertainment System. QSC GXD and PLD series amplifiers, as well as TouchMix digital mixers, feature built-in DSP (Digital Signal Processing) that's matched to the speakers, greatly enhancing the overall sound from the system.
Wiring: The E115 includes a 2-terminal barrier strip, for a direct speaker wire connection, as well as two NL4 (Speakon) connectors that are wired in parallel. One acts as the input to the speaker while the other is a pass-through for daisy-chaining multiple speakers together.
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 55Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 43Hz - 20kHz
- Power Handling (continuous/peak): 500W / 2000W
- Sensitivity: 97 dB, 1 W @ 1 m
- Coverage Angle: 75˚ Conical
- Peak Output: 130dB SPL @ 1 m
- LF: 15" driver with 3.5" voice-coil
- HF: 2.8" compression driver
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω
- Crossover: 1.55kHz
- Connectors: (2) NL4 (Speakon), (1) barrier-strip
- Enclosure: Plywood with black textured paint finish. Perforated powder-coated steel grill with foam lining. Top-mounted handle
- Mounting and Suspension: 4 x M8 suspension points, dual 35 mm pole-sockets (one with 10˚ angle)
- Net Weight: 68 lbs.
- Dimensions: Width - 16.50", Height - 28.250", Depth - 16.50"