About the Google Nest Cam IQ Indoor
Keep a sharp eye on your home or business
The Nest Cam IQ Indoor camera lets you make sure loved ones are safe even when you're not at home.
Keep a sharp eye on your home or business
The original Nest Cam made it easy to keep an eye on our homes and the loved ones within. The Google Nest Cam IQ makes the picture even clearer, upgrading to an 8-megapixel image sensor with HDR (high dynamic range), and adding 12X pinch-to-zoom capability.
After you plug in the camera and launch the Nest app on your phone, you'll be streaming live video and receiving alerts in moments. The Nest Cam IQ is your eyes, ears and even your voice when you're away from home — each camera has a microphone and speaker built in, so you can verbally check in with kids, elderly parents or pets while you're at work. It can even recognize faces.
Note: The Nest Cam IQ Indoor uses the included USB cord for power, but communicates with your device wirelessly.
Google Assistant built in
Thanks to a firmware update published by Google in early 2018, the Nest Cam IQ Indoor camera can perform like a Google Home voice control assistant.
Just say "OK, Google" whenever you're near the camera, and you'll be able to access an array of helpful content, online music, and the full suite of Google Assistant features. Use this voice-activation phrase with your Nest Cam IQ Indoor to start a playlist, hear the weather forecast, or add ingredients to your shopping list — all totally hands-free.
Subscription-based cloud storage
The camera streams live video 24/7, but you'll likely want to save clips for later review. Nest Aware offers subscription-based cloud storage packages that automatically archive a 5-day history ($5 per month or $50/year), 10-day history ($10 per month or $100/year) or a 30-day history ($30/month or $300/year). Nest Aware also offers advanced services like person alerts, alert history, personalized alerts for different zones, and an ability to create time lapse videos to show changes throughout the day.
Part of your whole-home Nest system
The Nest Cam IQ Indoor is compatible with other Nest home automation devices:
Your Google Nest devices work together to give you more control over home security. If your smoke detector sends you an alert while you're at work, you can turn on your Nest camera and assess the situation instantly, then use the camera's microphone and speakers to warn anyone who might be home. Even better, if your Nest Protect senses rising levels of carbon monoxide, your Nest Thermostat can automatically turn off your connected gas furnace.
- wireless indoor security camera is easy to install and sync with other Nest devices
- compatible with:
- Google Assistant voice control built-in (firmware update required)
- get live-view footage from anywhere using your smartphone, tablet or laptop
- 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) @ 30 fps
- 130° field of view
- see everything clearly with 8-megapixel imaging sensor and HDR (high dynamic range)
- 12X pinch-to-zoom feature lets you focus on a specific part of a room using the touchscreen on your smartphone or tablet
- automatically zoom in and track intruders
- dual-band radio makes a solid Wi-Fi® connection
- get emails or push notifications instantly when motion and sound are detected
- person alerts let you know when someone enters the room
- built-in mic and speaker allow two-way communication
- camera switches to night vision mode automatically when a room gets dark
- 10-foot USB cable and power adapter included
- note: uses one USB cord for power, but communicates with your device wirelessly
- set the camera to turn on and off based on time of day or your location
- save and share footage with optional Nest Aware service (requires a monthly or yearly fee)
- continuously record up to 30 days of video in the cloud
- 128-bit encryption happens inside the camera to provide security even on unsecured Wi-Fi networks
- free 3-hour snapshot history in the Nest app, so you can check and see if you missed anything
- two-step authentication makes your Nest devices more secure
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 2-15/16"W x 4-15/16"H x 2-15/16"D
- weight: 12.6 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NC3100US
What's in the box:
- Next Cam IQ indoor camera on base
- AC adapter (with USB-C port)
- 118" USB power cable with USB-C plugs on both ends)
- Warranty card
- Let's Get Started sheet
Google Nest Cam IQ Indoor reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Google Nest Cam IQ Indoor
Overview: Nest Cam IQ Indoor is a small, Wi-Fi camera that can help you keep an eye on your home or office. Nest Cam IQ Indoor can distinguish between a person and other objects. It can even recognize familiar faces and give you a notification (with a Nest Aware subscription). It can securely stream live 1080p Full HD video to your computer, or to an iPhone, iPad, or Android device. Two-way audio lets you hear what's going on, and allows you to talk to persons through the camera. It works as a standalone home surveillance camera, or in conjunction with other Nest products, such as the Nest Secure alarm system, Nest Protect Smoke and CO alarm, and the Nest Thermostat. The Nest Cam IQ Indoor comes with a 10' USB-C power cable, and an AC adapter.
Camera: Nest Cam IQ Indoor is equipped with a 1/2.5", 8-megapixel (4K) color image sensor, capable of streaming up to 1080p (1920 x 1080) video at 30 frames per second with H.264 encoding and HDR (High Dynamic Range). With Supersight close-up tracking, Nest Cam IQ automatically zooms in and tracks a person when they walk into view. On the Nest app, you'll see a picture-in-picture with the default 130° view with the Supersight tracking closeup window. The improved 3-microphone array, echo suppression, and noise cancellation let you clearly hear what's going in inside your home. The powerful built-in speaker (7 times more powerful that its predecessor) can scare off intruders from afar.
Night Vision: Nest Cam IQ Indoor uses powerful infrared LEDs (940nm) to enable Night Vision when there is no ambient light. The LEDs show no noticeable red glow when they're turned on, so they aren't visible in the dark. In complete darkness (0 Lux), Night Vision has a range of about 20 feet throughout the full 130° wide angle view. In low light, the camera range is extended. Video recorded using Night Vision is in monochrome.
Installing: Nest Cam IQ Indoor is mounted to a 2-15/16" diameter. On the base, the camera can be tilted approximately 160° forward and backward and rotated 180° left and right. The camera and base can be placed on a shelf or tabletop, or wall mounted using a 3rd party wall/ceiling mount or tripod with a standard 1/4"-20 screw. Nest Cam IQ Indoor is powered by the supplied AC adapter (15V 1.87A) and 118" USB-C cable. The camera is designed to operate with 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) and 802.11a/n/ac (5GHz) networks.
Note: Unlike the previous model, the base is not magnetic.
Nest App: You can view streaming video from your Nest Cam IQ Indoor on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device through the free Nest App. The app is compatible with Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) running iOS 9.0 or later. It is also compatible with Android devices (operating system version varies with device).
Nest Aware: Algorithms in Nest Aware (available by subscription) can enhance the security to make Nest Cam IQ even better. Nest Aware can distinguish between the image of a person and another object. It can recognize the sound of a person's voice instead of a barking dog. When human encounters occur, you'll receive a notification on your mobile device so you can view the camera footage. Family members' faces which are seen frequently on the camera become recognized as Familiar Faces. Unfamiliar faces seen on camera will create a notification. The Nest Aware service with Video History saves the past 10 or 30 days of video footage in the cloud for review at any time. The service can create a time lapse of an event, or of an entire day, that you can watch in 60 seconds. You can make and save clips to share with friends or family. Custom activity zones can be created to keep an eye on specific areas in your home. As of November 2017, monthly rates start at $10 per month ($100/year) for 10 days of video and $30 per month ($300/year) for 30 days.
Note: Some features are not available on Nest Cams used in Illinois.
Works With Nest: When Nest Cam IQ Indoor is added to a home network that includes Nest products, additional features are available. If the Nest Protect Smoke and CO Detector sounds an Emergency Alarm, all of the Nest Cams will turn on and start recording video automatically. The recording will continue for 1 hour, or until the Nest Protect senses that the smoke or carbon monoxide has subsided. When paired with a Nest Thermostat, the Nest Cam IQ Indoors in your home can be set to automatically turn on when you switch to the Away setting on the Thermostat. When you return, and manually set the Thermostat to the Home setting, the Nest Cam IQ Indoors will automatically turn off. This feature does not work with Nest Thermostat's Auto-Away feature.
- Field of View: 130°
- Security: 128-bit AES with TLS/SSL
- Bandwidth Requirements: Recording at 1080p requires 800 to 2000 kbps of upload bandwidth while streaming video. Cameras use more bandwidth when there is more action in the scene. At 1080p, each camera could use 150GB to 300GB of upload bandwidth per month, depending upon the video quality setting.
- Camera: Diameter 2.842", Length 2.82"
- Base: Diameter 2.925"
- Overall Height w/base: 4.845"
- Weight: 12.6 ounces
1 question already asked