About the Nest Dropcam Pro
Quick and easy home security
A Dropcam Pro by the front door will let you know who's in your home.
Quick and easy home security
The Nest Dropcam Pro lets you check in at home using your smartphone, tablet or computer — whether you're around the block or across the country. Just plug in your camera and launch the Dropcam app on your phone and you'll be streaming video and receiving alerts in moments. The Dropcam is your eyes, ears and even your voice when you're away from home — each camera has a microphone and speaker built in, so you can verbally check in with kids, elderly parents or pets while you're at work.
Note: Dropcam does use one USB cord for power, but communicates with your device wirelessly.
Part of your whole-home Nest system
The Dropcam Pro is compatible with other Nest home automation devices:
Your Nest devices work together to give you more control over home security. If your smoke detector sends you an alert while you're at work, you can turn on your Nest camera and assess the situation instantly, then use the camera's microphone and speakers to warn anyone who might be home. Even better, if your Nest Protect senses rising levels of carbon monoxide, your Nest Thermostat can automatically turn off your gas furnace.
- wireless indoor security camera is easy to install and sync with other Nest devices
- view cameras from anywhere using your smartphone, tablet or laptop
- 3-megapixel sensor provides sharp, clear images
- 1280 x 720 pixel resolution
- 130° field of view
- 8x pinch-to-zoom feature lets you focus on a specific part of a room using the touchscreen on your smartphone or tablet
- dual-band radio makes a solid Wi-Fi® connection
- stream live video wirelessly to your computer, tablet or smartphone
- get emails or push notifications instantly when motion and sound are detected
- built-in mic and speaker allow two-way communication
- camera switches to night vision mode automatically when a room gets dark
- note: uses one USB cord for power, but communicates with your device wirelessly
- set the camera to turn on and off based on time of day or your location
- save and share footage with optional Cloud Recording service (requires a monthly or yearly fee)
- video is encrypted inside the camera to provide security even on unsecured Wi-Fi networks
- 3-1/4"W x 4-1/2"H x 3-1/4"D
- weight: 5.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DCAM-002-THD
What's in the box:
- Nest DropCam Pro (black)
- Wall bracket
- 118" Micro USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end)
- AC adapter with USB port (DC output: 5V 2A)
- 3 Self-tapping screws (length=3/4")
- Plastic wall anchors
- Quick Start Guide
- FCC regulations
Nest Dropcam Pro reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nest Dropcam Pro
Overview: Dropcam Pro is a small, Wi-Fi-capable camera that can help you keep an eye on your home or office. It can securely stream live HD video to your computer, or to an iPhone, iPad, or Android device. It works as a standalone home surveillance camera, or in conjunction with The Nest Protect Smoke and CO alarm and the Nest Thermostat. The Dropcam Pro comes with a 10' Micro USB cable, AC adapter, and a wall-mount bracket.
Installing: Dropcam Pro is mounted to a 3" diameter base, and can tilt up to 180°. It can be placed on a shelf or tabletop, or wall mounted using the included bracket. Dropcam Pro is powered by the supplied AC adapter (5V 2A). The camera is designed to operate with 802.11b/g/n networks on 2.4 GHz frequency bands.
Dropcam App: You can view streaming video from your Dropcam on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device through the free Dropcam App. The app is compatible with Phone 4S or later, iPad 3 or later, iPad mini, and iPod touch 5th gen or later, running iOS 6 or later. It is also compatible with all Samsung devices running Android 4.3 or later, and LG Nexus 5.
Cloud Recording: Dropcam lets you view live streaming on your computer or mobile device. The optional Cloud Recording service lets you save the past 7 or 30 days of video footage in the cloud for review at any time. The service can create a time lapse of an event, or of an entire day, that you can watch in 60 seconds. You can make and save clips to share with friends or family. Custom activity zones can be created to keep an eye on specific areas in your home. Current rates (as of January 2015) are $9.95 per month/$99 per year for 7-day rolling recording service, and $29.95 per month/$299 per year for 30-day recording.
Works With Nest: When Dropcam is added to a home network that includes Nest products, additional features are available. If the Nest Protect Smoke and CO Detector sounds an Emergency Alarm, all of the Dropcams will turn on and start recording video automatically. The recording will continue for 1 hour, or until the Nest Protect senses that the smoke or carbon monoxide has subsided. When paired with a Nest Thermostat, the Dropcams in your home can be set to automatically turn on when you switch to the Away setting on the Thermostat. When you return, and manually set the Thermostat to the Home setting, the Dropcams will automatically turn off. This feature does not work with Nest Thermostat's Auto-Away feature.
Activity Alerts: Dropcam can detect and alert you to either motion in your video or sound picked up by the microphone on the camera. When activity is detected, or if Dropcam is offline, an alert is sent to your mobile device (through the Dropcam App), or to your Dropcam account.
Camera Settings: Using the Dropcam App or your Dropcam Account, you can change the following settings:
- Camera On/Off: lets you turn the camera video streaming on or off
- Status Light: turns the status light on or off
- HD Video: turns HD video on or off (to save bandwidth)
- Night Vision: activates ring of IR LEDs used for night vision. You can set to Auto, or manual on/off
- Rotate Image: rotates the video 180° in case you have to invert and mount on the ceiling
- Audio: turns the camera's microphone on or off
- Microphone Sensitivity: if microphone is on, this slide control adjusts the mic's sensitivity
- Camera Scheduling: allows you to set daily schedules for your camera to be on or off
- Location Schedule: For iOS only, this setting allows you to turn the camera on or off using the location of your iPhone.
- Dropcam CVR: lets you see your current CVR (cloud video recording) subscription
- Detect Motion Events: allows you to enable or disable the camera to detect motion events
- Detect Sound Events: allows you to enable or disable the camera to detect sound events
- Wi-Fi Network: indicated which Wi-Fi network your camera is connected to.
- Deactivate The Camera: If you want to use the camera in a different Dropcam account, sell or give away the camera, you must first deactivate it.
2 questions already asked