About the Google Nest Indoor Cam (Wired)
Extend your eyes, ears, and voice
Extend your eyes, ears, and voice
The Google Nest Indoor Cam (shown in fog) has a built-in mic and speaker for two-way communication.
The Google Nest Indoor Cam lets you see what's going on anywhere you put it inside your home. Keep an eye on your most valuable stuff, or mount one overlooking your couch to capture incriminating evidence on your dog. Plant one in your infant's room and you'll be able to see, hear, and speak soothing words to them using the built-in speaker and microphone.
You'll soon see how useful it can be to have eyes, ears — and voices — all around your house. And it's easy to sync with your other Google Nest devices. Just download the free Google Home app, plug this camera into your AC outlet, and add it to your home network.
Fully customizable in the app
You can draw your own motion zones within the camera's frame using the app. That means you only capture relevant events — ignoring the bursts of activity in your kid's gerbil habitat, for example, but getting alerts whenever your cat walks across the kitchen counter.
You can also set it up to send you other customized alerts. For instance, ignore your pets altogether and only pay attention to human presence — your camera can use its smarts to recognize whether it sees a person or animal. It can even detect when motion is coming from a vehicle if you're monitoring your garage.
As with most wireless doorbells, you can check out the live view anytime you want. But this doorbell will also securely store captured events for 3 hours after they happen. Or you can extend your video history with a cloud-based Nest Aware subscription (sold separately). And Nest Aware does more than expand your storage — it also adds cool features like sound detection and the ability to recognize familiar faces
- plug-in indoor HD security camera
- easy to install and sync with other Google Nest devices
- control with free Google Home app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- view live footage from anywhere using your smartphone, tablet, or laptop
- get emails or push notifications instantly when motion is detected
- built-in mic and speaker allow two-way communication
- camera can stand on a horizontal surface or mount to a wall using integrated wall plate and two screws
- 128-bit encryption happens inside the camera to provide security even on unsecured Wi-Fi networks
- 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) with night vision and HDR
- 130° field of view
- 2-megapixel sensor provides sharp, clear images
- 6X digital zoom
- HDR (high dynamic range) for a clear image in scenes with a lot of contrast
- built-in motion detector with 110° field of view and 25-foot range
- built-in infrared LEDs provide night vision up to 20 feet
- dual-band radio for solid Wi-Fi connection
- 10-foot USB power cable
- compatible with:
- free 3-hour snapshot history in the Google Home app lets you check recent activity
- save and share footage and get more advanced features with optional Nest Aware subscription service (requires a monthly or yearly fee)
- two-step authentication makes your Nest devices more secure
- specialized alerts reduce unwanted notifications:
- select specific areas within the frame to trigger
- camera recognizes person, animal, or vehicle
Dimensions and warranty:
- camera: 2-1/2"W x 3-7/8"H x 2-1/8"D
- base: 2" diameter
- weight: 14.04 oz. (17.64 oz. with wall -mount and plate)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GA01998-US
What's in the box:
- Indoor security camera (Snow) with attached 10' cable (Type A USB plug)
- AC power adapter with USB Type A output (DC output: 5V 1.5A)
- 3 Self-tapping screws (Length 1-5/8")
- 3 Plastic wall anchors
- Cable clip
- Let's Get Started
- Safety Warranty & Regulatory Guide for Google Nest Cam
Google Nest Indoor Cam (Wired) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Google Nest Indoor Cam (Wired)
Overview: The Google Nest Cam (GA01998-US) is a small white (snow) indoor, wired Wi-Fi camera that can help you keep an eye on your home or office. The Nest Cam is equipped with a 10-foot USB cable for powering the camera. It can be placed on a shelf or tabletop, or wall-mounted with the included hardware. The camera has the following dimensions: Width 2-1/2", Height 3-7/8", Depth 2-1/8", Weight 14.1 ounces.
Full HD Video: Nest Cam has a wide 135° angle of view, so you can see a wide area of the room. The camera is equipped with an 2-megapixel 1080p color image sensor to give you detailed 16:9 images. HDR (high dynamic range) combines multiple images to give you clear images in low-lit areas. In the Google Home app, you can use the 6x digital zoom to get a closer look. The camera is equipped with two 850nm infrared LEDs to let you see in total darkness up to 15 feet away. Two-way audio lets you hear what's going on, and allows you to talk to persons through the camera.
Installing: Nest Cam is mounted to a 2" diameter base with lets you position the camera at virtually any angle. You can place the camera on a flat surface or mount it on a wall using the included screws and wall anchors. It is recommended that the camera is mounted 6' to 6-1/2' above the floor, tilted downward. It should be close enough to see a person's face and to communicate with them through the camera. The camera streams audio and video via Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz, 5GHz), and should be mounted within range of your router. The internet connection should have at least 2 Mbps upload speed per camera.
Power Requirements: The Nest Cam has an attached 10-foot USB power cable that plugs into the included USB power adapter (5V 1.5A 7.5W).
Construction: The Nest Cam (indoor, wired) is constructed with at least 45% recycled content across its plastic parts.
Motion Detection: The Google Nest Cam has a single motion sensor with a 110° horizontal field of view. The camera can detect motion up to 25 feet away, and send out a notification to your phone or Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled device.
Activity Zones: Activity Zones let you customize the areas that you'd like to monitor with the Nest Cam. They can help prevent false alarms caused by swaying trees or moving shadows. You can "draw" the shape of the zone you want to monitor when setting up the zone on your mobile device. You can also choose the types of events you want to record, and the alerts you want to receive. Up to 4 activity zones per camera can be set up and named to make it easier to know where the event took place.
Detection Settings: The Nest Cam uses AI to distinguish people from cars or animals. Intelligent alerts are delivered to your phone or Google Assistant-enabled speaker/monitor that identifies what triggered the alert: person seen, animal seen, vehicle seen, etc. With a Nest Aware subscription, the Familiar Face feature can even teach the camera to identify the faces of your friends and acquantances.
Note: The Familiar Face feature is not available for Nest cameras and doorbells installed in Illinois.
Video History: The Nest Cam captures and stores video clips of activity that happened within the past 3 hours. With a subscription to Nest Aware, you can extend that to up to 60 days. The Nest Cam can provide a live view 24/7, as well as record triggered events. If you need continuous video recording (for up to 10 days max), you'll need to plug in the camera to a constant power source, and subscribe to Nest Aware Plus.
Nest Aware: A paid subscription to Nest Aware provides additional features to your Nest Cam. It extends the event video history beyond the 3 hours that comes with the doorbell to 30 days for Nest Aware, or 60 days for Nest Aware Plus. A Nest Aware subscription starts at $6.00 per month, while Nest Aware Plus is $12.00/month. Annual subscriptions are $60/year (save $12 annually) and $120/year (save $24 annually), respectively.
Google Home App: The Google Nest Cam must be set up, managed, and controlled using the Google Home app. On the app, you can view what's happening inside or outside your home, receive notifications, and view recorded videos. Notifications can be received on your phone, and on your Google Assistant-enable speakers (Nest Mini) and displays (Nest Hub). You can configure activity zones, and change detection settings. The Google Home app is available for Android devices running version 6.0 and up. It can also be used with Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS 12.0 or later.
The Google Nest Indoor Cam (Wired) replaces these items
- wireless indoor security camera is easy to install and sync with other Nest devices
- 8x pinch-to-zoom feature lets you focus on a specific part of a room using the touchscreen on your smartphone or tablet
- built-in mic and speaker allow two-way communication
1 question already asked