About the Google Nest Doorbell (battery)
See and hear what's happening at your door
See and hear what's happening at your door
See and talk with visitors — and do much more — with this video doorbell.
Unexpected visitor at your door? The battery-powered Google Nest Doorbell will show you who's knocking, and then let you talk with them — from anywhere. It sends alerts to your phone when it senses motion or if someone rings the bell.
Plus, it's easy to sync with your other Google Nest devices, so you can use smart screens and speakers to get even more out of this doorbell.
Answer your door when you're away
The free Google Home app lets you answer your door whether you're two blocks away — or a thousand miles — as long as you're connected to the internet. You'll get an alert on your mobile device, and can see and talk with whoever is there.
Customizable with the Google Home app
Using the free Google Home app, you can draw your own motion zones within the doorbell camera's frame. That means it will only capture relevant events — just the cars that pull up to your front door rather than every car that drives down your street, for example.
You can also set it up to send you other customized alerts. Maybe you actually want to know how many cars drive past your house every day. Or maybe you want an alert whenever a person approaches your door, but don't need one for every bird or squirrel. Your doorbell can use its smart processing to recognize whether an object is a person, animal, or vehicle.
The app also lets you choose from a selection of pre-recorded "Quick Responses" to play for visitors when you can't answer in real time.
Better backup options
As with most wireless doorbells, you can check out the live view anytime you want. But this doorbell will also capture and securely store up to 3 hours of footage for free. Or you can extend your video history with a cloud-based Nest Aware subscription (sold separately). And Nest Aware does more than expand your storage — it also adds cool features like sound detection and the ability to recognize familiar faces.
If a power outage causes you to lose Wi-Fi, the doorbell will automatically store up to one hour of recorded events in its local memory.
- wireless, battery-powered video doorbell
- easy to install and sync with your phone other Google Nest devices
- can be hardwired to existing doorbell wiring and chime
- works with the free Google Home app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- view live footage from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet
- get emails or push notifications instantly when motion and sound are detected
- built-in mic and speaker allow two-way communication
- 128-bit encryption happens inside the doorbell to provide security even on unsecured Wi-Fi networks
- HD resolution (960 x 1280 pixels)
- night vision with 10-foot range
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) helps you see better detail
- 145° field of view
- 1.3-megapixel sensor provides sharp, clear images
- 6x digital zoom
- dual-band Wi-Fi for a solid connection
- IP54-rated for weather resistance
- built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 3-foot USB charging cable included
- free 3-hour snapshot history in the Google Home app lets you check recent activity
- save and share footage and get more advanced features with optional Nest Aware subscription service (requires a monthly or yearly fee)
- two-step authentication makes your Nest devices more secure
- doorbell camera recognizes vehicles, animals, and people
- can learn familiar faces with optional Nest Aware subscription
- compatible with optional voice control assistants
- stream live video hands-free with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- see and speak with visitors at your door on compatible Google Nest and Amazon smart displays
- use compatible Google Nest and Amazon Alexa smart speakers and displays as your doorbell chime
Dimensions and warranty:
- 1-13/16"W x 6-5/16"H x 1-1/8""D
- weight: 7.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GA02076-US
What's in the box:
- Video doorbell (Ash)
- Base plate
- Wedge mount
- 39" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Release tool
- 2 Self-tapping screws (Length 1")
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- 2 Wedge screws (M3 x 7mm)
- 2 Rubber spacers
- Wire connector
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Warranty & Regulatory Guide
- Lens Care sheet
Google Nest Doorbell (battery) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Google Nest Doorbell (battery)
Overview: The Google Nest Doorbell (battery) is an intelligent doorbell with a built-in video camera that lets you see who is approaching your door or ringing your doorbell before you answer it. It produces 1.3-megapixel HD videos, and has a 145° diagonal field of view. It operates on a built-in rechargeable battery or uses existing wiring for recharging and the chime. The Nest Doorbell comes in four colors (Snow, Ivy, Linen, and Ash), and comes with a base plate, mounting hardware, and a USB charging cable. Dimensions: Width 1.816", Height 6.303", Depth 1.103", Weight 7.25 ounces.
Camera: The Nest Doorbell has a 1/3", 1.3-megapixel color sensor that produces HD video at 960 x 1280 pixels at 30 fps. The 3:4 aspect ratio and 145° diagonal viewing angle provides a head-to-toe view of your visitor and articles left on the ground in front of the door. The camera has 6x digital zoom in case you need a closer view. High Dynamic Range (HDR) gives your images more detail, even in bright, high-contrast light. The doorbell is equipped with four 850nm infrared LEDs with an IR cut filter to let you see in total darkness up to 10 feet away. The built-in high quality microphone and speaker allow two-way audio between your visitor and your compatible smart device. You can also respond to your visitor through preset responses that you can send from the Google Home app.
Power Options: The Nest Doorbell offers dual power options:
- Battery: The built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.65V, 6Ah) can power the doorbell for up to 6 months, depending on the number of recorded events: Quiet (2-5 events per day) 6 months, Typical (13-16 events per day) 2-1/2 months, Busy (25-30 events per day) 1 month. The battery fully charges in approximately 5 hours via USB (a USB-C cable is included) using a compatible 7.5-watt AC adapter (sold separately).
- Wired: You can use existing doorbell wiring to power the chime and continually charge the doorbell battery. The existing wiring should be 8-24V AC, 10VA, 50/60Hz.
Doorbell Chime: If you choose to power the Google Nest Doorbell with the built-in battery, any existing wired doorbell chime will not ring. When the doorbell button is pushed, you will receive a notification on your phone, and on your Google Assistant-enable speakers (Nest Mini) and displays (Nest Hub). If the Nest Doorbell is hardwired to your existing doorbell wires, the existing doorbell chime can ring, if compatible, when the button is pushed. You'll also receive notification on your phone and Google Assistant devices. To check chime compatibility, you'll need to determine what type of chime you have using this procedure.
Construction: The Nest Doorbell is constructed with 45% recycled content across its plastic parts. It has an IP54 weather resistance rating, and can withstand a wide temperature (-4°F to +104°F) and relative humidity range (20% to 85%).
Wi-Fi: The doorbell communicates wirelessly via 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n) and supports WEP, WPA, WPA2, and WPA3 encryption. The Nest Doorbell requires a working broadband internet connection with at least 2 Mbps upload speed.
Activity Zones: Activity Zones let you customize the areas that you'd like to monitor with the Nest Doorbell. They can help prevent false alarms caused by swaying trees or moving shadows. With fewer recording events, the battery life is extended as well. You can "draw" the shape of the zone you want to monitor when setting up the zone on your mobile device. You can also choose the types of events you want to record, and the alerts you want to receive. Up to 4 activity zones per camera can be set up and named to make it easier to know where the event took place.
Detection Settings: The Nest Doorbell uses AI to distinguish people from cars or animals. It can also recognize packages when they have been left at the doorstep. Intelligent alerts are delivered to your phone or Google Assistant-enabled speaker/monitor that identifies what triggered the alert: person seen, package delivered, animal seen, vehicle seen, etc. With a Nest Aware subscription, the Familiar Face feature can even teach the doorbell to identify the faces of your friends and acquantances.
Note: The Familiar Face feature is not available for Nest cameras and doorbells installed in Illinois.
Video History: The Nest Doorbell comes with a 3-hour event video history to allow you to view or download recorded events. With a subscription to Nest Aware, you can extend that to up to 60 days. This model of the Nest Doorbell can only record triggered events. Google Nest offers other cameras and wired doorbells that can record 24/7 video history with a Nest Aware Plus subscription.
Nest Aware: A paid subscription to Nest Aware provides additional features to your Nest Doorbell. It extends the event video history beyond the 3 hours that comes with the doorbell to 30 days for Nest Aware, or 60 days for Nest Aware Plus. A Nest Aware subscription starts at $6.00 per month, while Nest Aware Plus is $12.00/month. Annual subscriptions are $60/year (save $12 annually) and $120/year (save $24 annually), respectively.
Google Home App: The Google Nest Doorbell must be set up, managed, and controlled using the Google Home app. On the app, you can view what's happening at your door, receive notifications, and view recorded videos. You can configure activity zones, change detection settings, and monitor the battery life of the doorbell. The Google Home app is available for Android devices running version 6.0 and up. It can also be used with Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS 12.0 or later.