About the Sony FW-55BZ30J
Sony picture quality for your business
Sony picture quality for your business
Sony's FW-55BZ30J combines crisp 4K image quality with a business-friendly feature set. It's perfect for a wide range of corporate and educational applications, including digital signage, displays for lobbies and waiting rooms, and guides for showrooms or museums. The helpful Pro Mode feature simplifies installation and allows easy customization of display settings to suit different applications and environments.
The display's Android operating system and intuitive software platform boots up quickly and is easy to use. It has Chromecast built-in and Apple AirPlay® 2 support so mirroring content from your mobile device is a cinch. There's also a wide range of API (Application Programming Interface) options to enable remote control/monitoring and integration with external systems.
Rich color and detail
The FW-55BZ30J uses Sony's unique TRILUMINOS™ PRO display technology. This system accurately reproduces a very wide palette of colors, which will make High Dynamic Range content look especially stunning.
It supports several HDR formats, including HDR10, which is a requirement for Ultra HD Blu-ray movies and streamed 4K content. It can also handle the more sophisticated Dolby Vision® format. This dynamic HDR system adjusts brightness and color levels in response to the video signal on a scene-by-scene basis for rich detail and color.
You also get Sony's 4K HDR Processor X1™ which analyzes the color in individual objects and adjusts the contrast accordingly. When objects are remastered individually, you get greater depth, enhanced texture, and a more realistic picture.
- 54.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- 4K X-Reality™ PRO video processing
- Motionflow XR technology for smoother, natural on-screen motion
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- direct LED backlight with frame dimming
- 60Hz refresh rate
- display brightness: 440 nits
- 1200:1 contrast ratio
- quick setup with Pro Mode — customize and store display settings and features
- built-in software offers control and customization options
- 4 HDMI 2.0 inputs
- HDMI inputs are HDCP 2.3 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- HDMI input 3 supports Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- 1 composite video input
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- 3.5mm stereo minijack audio output to connect to headphones or powered speakers
- 2 USB inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- RS-232 port for external control
- built-in down-firing speakers (10 watts x 2)
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Chromecast built-in lets you cast your favorite entertainment apps and video content from your phone or laptop
- compatible with Apple AirPlay® 2 for wireless streaming from your Apple device
- remote control
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield):
- with stand: 49"W x 31"H x 13-5/16"D
- without stand: 49"W x 28-5/16"H x 2-13/16"D
- weight: 16.6 lbs. with stand; 15.7 lbs. without stand
- detachable dual-footer stand
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 300mm x 300mm
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FW55BZ30J
What's in the box:
- 55" Professional 4K display
- 2 Pedestal feet
- IR Remote control
- 2 x AAA Batteries
- Four M6 x 12mm bolts
- AC Power cord
- Power supply
- Quickstart guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony FW-55BZ30J
Professional Display: The Sony FW-55BZ30J Bravia professional display offers 4K HDR image quality in a format that's ideal for a wide range of business and educational environments, such as meeting rooms, information displays for lobbies and waiting rooms, digital signage, hotel guest rooms, showrooms, and more. Other features include easy setup and configuration for multiple displays, a built-in software platform that allows broader control and customization, and support for a wide range of API (Application Programming Interface) options for remote control & monitoring with external systems.
Ultra 4K Resolution: For the ultimate in picture quality, this display pairs the brilliance of 4K clarity with the brightness, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR). With 4K UHD, you'll see more on display than ever before with over 8 million individual pixels (3840 x 2160) compared to about 2 million (1920 x 1080) on a1080p HDdisplay. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Combined with 4K Ultra HD resolution, HDR video content delivers exceptional detail, color and contrast, with a far wider range of brightness than other video formats. The result is the most lifelike picture displays have ever been able to create, with brilliant highlights and fine detail.
4K HDR Processor X1: Sony's powerful 4K HDR Processor X1 (High Dynamic Range) enhances the dynamic range of a picture, increasing the contrast between the brightest whites and darkest blacks. Every pixel is made more accurate, regardless of resolution, bringing scenes to life with greater detail. HDR's greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels brings greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail. Movies and display shows in HDR are closer to the original recording and the director's vision with more brightness, contrast and color, for a truly lifelike viewing experience.
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your display that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses not metadata, Dolby Vision adjusts brightness, color, and contrast automatically for each scene. Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your display's display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended.
Note: Please use a premium high speed HDMI cable with 18 Gbps and above to view HDR content.
4K X-Reality Pro Upscaler w/ Dual Database Processing: Sony's 4K X-Reality Pro Upscaler w/ Dual Database Processing enhances Ultra-HD, HD, and SD images by analyzing and refining images with beautifully natural detail and clarity. One database is used to clean the picture, reducing on-screen noise. The other is used to upscale the resolution, improving clarity. These two powerful image improvement databases work together, dynamically improving pixels in real time. Each database has tens of thousands of references, amassed from Sony's experience creating content for display and movies over the years. With 4K X-Reality PRO and Dual Database Processing, every image is upscaled closer to true 4K quality for remarkable clarity. This 4K television upscales your favorite display shows, DVD and Blu-ray movies, even video-on-demand content, and smartphone videos to Ultra-HD.
- Noise Reduction Database: Compressed noise is identified by the database, which includes "before and after" data on what a picture should look like and removes the compressed picture noise.
- Upscaling Database: The upscaling database also includes "before and after" data, which is used to upscale the signal and create a more realistic picture.
TRILUMINOS Display: Unique to Sony, the TRILUMINOS Display with its specially developed backlight selectively maps colors across a wider gamut, ensuring subtle colors do not become oversaturated and unnatural. You'll enjoy vivid, authentic images that evoke the emotion in every scene. TRILUMINOS Display uses a wider color spectrum than a conventional flat-panel display display. A TRILUMINOS Display excels at reproducing reds, greens, and blues; colors that are notoriously difficult for displays to display accurately. It also displays skin tones beautifully, thanks to its extensive color palette and precise gradation.
Picture Modes: You can select one of the following picture modes that's been designed for commercial use:
- Vivid: When using the display as a signage display.
- Custom: Lets you customize the image or display it as it is originally.
- Graphics: Used when displaying a PC screen.
Pro Mode: The FW-55BZ30J features various Pro Mode functions designed for the professional environment. Setup configuration on one display can be saved to a USB flash drive and quickly loaded into other compatible displays, shortening setup time considerably. Pro Mode functions include:
- Assigning specific operations to occur when the display is plugged into AC power.
- Optimizing the PC input screen according to the PC format.
- Automatic input switching based on HDMI signal detection.
- Determines what menu settings will display when the Home button on the remote control is pressed.
- Designating the initial input source when the display is powered on.
- Protect settings using a PIN code.
- Set initial volume when the display is powered on, as well as setting the maximum allowable volume.
- Set restrictions on which remote control operations can be performed.
- Restrict access to any of the external inputs.
Video Inputs: The Sony Ultra-HD display is equipped with four HDMI 2.0 inputs and one component video input that can also be used for a composite video connection.
- HDMI: Four HDMI 2.0 inputs let you connect
Ultra-HD/HDR and HD sources; such as Ultra Blu-ray, Blu-ray, Satellite/Cable
and Playstation. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to
this display. The HDMI inputs will accept 4096x2160p (60Hz), 4096x2160p (24Hz),
3840x2160p (60Hz), 3840x2160p (24/30Hz), 1080p (30/60Hz), 1080/24p, 1080i
(60Hz), 720p (30/60Hz), 720/24p, and 480p.
- HDCP 2.3: HDCP 2.3 is supported by all of the display's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.3 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All four HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video (30/60fps). 4:2:2 (30/60fps) and 4:2:0 (60fps) are also supported by all HDMI inputs. With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- ARC: HDMI Input 3 can be used as an ARC (Audio Return Channel) input, allowing sound from directly connected sources to be passed back to a receiver or amplifier with this feature.
- AV Input: The Sony display features a 3.5mm A/V input that can provide a standard composite video and analog audio connection.
Audio Outputs: Two audio output connections are available:
- Optical Digital: Can output 2-channel linear PCM (48kHz/16-bit), Dolby Digital, and DTS audio signals.
- 3.5mm: Provides an analog stereo signal for use with headphones, an optional outboard subwoofer, or connection to an analog amplifier.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Sony Ultra-HD display supports a wired or wireless network connection for configuration and monitoring. A rear-panel Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack is provided for a hard-wired connecting to a network and computer.
4K Signage Configuration: The Sony professional display lets you setup 4K digital signage by simply selecting files or URLs of videos, stills, or web pages to be displayed. 2K Content gets automatically upconverted to 4K.
API: More than 100 built-in REST APIs (Application Programming Interface) allow for monitoring and control from remote locations as well as integration with external systems.
USB Ports: The Sony display allows you to view a variety of audio, video, and photo content from USB storage devices. Compatible media formats include MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/FLAC music files, MPEG/MP4/AVI/MKV/MOV/Xvid/WMA video files, and JPEG photo files. The Sony display is equipped with one USB-A 2.0 port and one USB-A 3.1/Gen 1 port. The USB ports can also be used for storing and transferring setup configuration information, allowing multiple displays to quickly be configured once the first one is setup.
Remote Control: The included IR remote offers soft push-button control of the display. Pro Mode configuration options let you choose which functions will be available for the user and the degree of control for some functions.
RS-232: You can connect the 3.5mm RS-232 serial port to an external control device (such as a computer or A/V control system) to control the display's functions externally.
Pedestal Feet: The Sony display comes with two pedestal feet to ensure stability and create the ideal place for a soundbar speaker to sit below the television. The pedestal feet and display do not swivel. The display is shipped with the pedestal feet unattached. The television weighs 16.6 lbs. with the pedestal feet attached.
Optional Wall Mount Brackets: The television can be wall mounted using an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately). The display has four threaded screw inserts that are spaced 300mm (h) x 300mm (v) apart. The threaded inserts will accept M6 x 12mm screws. The display weighs 15.7 lbs. without the pedestal feet.
Ventilation Clearance: When mounting the display on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 11.875" above the television for adequate ventilation.
External AC Power Adapter: The television comes with an external AC power adapter with an attached DC cord that plugs into the display and a detachable AC power cord that plugs into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).