About the LG 55UT640S
Edit, play, and schedule content with ease
Edit, play, and schedule content with ease
LG's UT640S series is designed for diverse business environments. This commercial display TV provides compatibility with AV Control systems and Display Power Management, and it has smart connectivity, a friendly user interface, and crisp, clear UHD picture quality.
The 55" 55UT640S's embedded Content and Group Management System allows you to edit and play content, and schedule playlists and groups. It also allows your business to control your signage via remote control or mobile phone without the use of separate PC or software.
SuperSign Control is the basic control software, and it can manage up to one hundred displays through a single account and server. Power, volume, and scheduling can be remotely adjusted, and firmware updates supported.
The 55UT640S has three HDMI inputs and one composite input. A USB input makes it easy to play a variety of digitally stored content. This TV features Crestron Connected® certification, a dedicated meeting room function designed to facilitate the increasing technical demands of the corporate meeting space market.
- 55" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10 Pro, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- IPS LCD panel provides very good off-axis viewing
- 60Hz refresh rate
- direct-lit LED backlight provides good picture contrast
- display brightness: 360 nits
- Content Management/Group Management
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Wake-on LAN lets you send a message throughout the network to power on displays
- Crestron Connected® (Network Based Control)
Video Source Compatibility:
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
- 3 HDMI 2.0 (two side, one rear)
- rear HDMI input is HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- 1 composite video
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- 3.5mm stereo minijack headphone output — can also be connected to a sound bar or other audio system
- RJ45 jack for external control
- USB 2.0 input for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in down-firing speakers (10 watts x 2)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- dimensions: 49"W x 30-15/16"H x 9-1/8"D with stand; 49"W x 28-5/8"H x 3-7/16"D without stand
- weight: 32 lbs. with stand; 31.5 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 55UT640S0UA
What's in the box:
- Commercial Signage TV
- 2 Feet
- AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Four M4x16mm screws
- Easy Setup Guide
- Installation Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LG 55UT640S
UT640S Commercial Signage TV: The LG UT640S Series Commercial Signage TV is specifically designed for diverse business environments. This commercial display TV provides compatibility with AV Control systems and Display Power Management (DPM) and it has smart connectivity, a simple user friendly interface, and UHD picture quality.
HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2: There are three HDMI 2.0 inputs that will accept 4K, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p video signals. HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the TV's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4K Resolution: 4K provides four times higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs with a total of 8.3 million pixels. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Enjoy incredibly flawless images, vivid colors, and picture details as never before.
- 4K Upscaler: Enjoy Full HD content in 4K ULTRA HD quality, optimized by the 4K Upscaler. The 4K Upscaler automatically upgrades Full HD content to ULTRA HD through several upscaling processes so that images look crisp and clear in any viewing situation.
Note: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the LG UT640 Series has an analog composite video input with an analog audio stereo RCA input.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR (High Dynamic Range video) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
- HDR10 Pro: LG's HDR Pro technology processes a HDR10 video signal dynamically frame-by-frame. HDR10 is currently the most popular HDR format on the market. HDR Pro technology allows the TV to offer the best picture possible, even when playing HDR10 content which only contains static metadata.
- HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma): HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Note: Dolby Vision and other HDR formats are not supported.
IPS Panel: The LG UT640S Series is large in size to enhance the visibility of content and captivate viewers. The LG IPS panel provides a wide range of viewing angles so that content can be clearly seen, regardless of the viewer's position. Each pixel in the IPS panel reproduces true-to-life colors without distorting images.
Built-in OTA Tuner: The LG UT640 Series TV features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV signals (up to 1080i). A single RF-type coaxial input is used to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
Audio Output: The LG Commercial Lite TV is equipped with a 2.0ch spekaer system that is 10 watts x 2ch. It also features an analog stereo minijack (3.5mm) output and a optical (toslink) digijtal audio output. Both the analog and digital audio output can support up to 2ch PCM. The analog stereo minijack output can be set to fixed or variable. The optical digital output is always fixed.
Note: External speakers and a set of headphones cannot be used simultaneously.
Embedded Content & Group Management: The embedded Content and Group Management System allows you to edit and play content, schedule playlists and groups. It also allows your business to control your signage via remote control, mouse and mobile phone without the use of separate PC or software, making content management much easier and more user-friendly.
Real-Time Remote Monitoring: Malfunctions or errors can be easily handled through real-time remote care. When an error occurs, notifications can be sent through the SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) protocol.
SuperSign Control: SuperSign Control is the basic control software, and it can manage up to 100 displays through a single account and server. Power, volume, and scheduling can be remotely adjusted, and firmware updates supported.
USB Data Cloning: USB data cloning increases efficiency in managing multiple displays for optimal operation since users don’t have to set up each display one by one. Once users copy data to a USB device in one display, it can be easily distributed to the other displays through a USB plug-in.
Remote Control: The LG UT640S Series Commercial Signage TV comes with an IR remote, plus supports HDMI-CEC and has a RJ45 port with Crestron Certification.
- IR Remote: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the television.
- HDMI-CEC: The TV supports HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) for synced operation with other HDMI components that also support HDMI-CEC.
- Crestron Certified: This LG TV has a RJ45 port and offers Crestron Connected Certification. This results in seamless integration and automated control, boosting business management efficiency.
Power Management: The LG UT640S Series Commercial Signage TV offers a Time Scheduler and Display Power Management (DPM).
- Time Scheduler: Create your own time scheduler of your Commercial TV. Once you set opening / closing hours and holidays, the TV will turn on/off according to work schedule.
- DPM (Display Power Management): You can configure the DPM (Display Power Management) function by setting the function to on. When there is no signal, the TVs enters to DPM mode to manage power efficiently. This feature can be set to 1 to 7 hours.
- Power On Via The Network: Wake-on-LAN (WOL) enables users to turn on displays by sending messages through the network.
Mounting Options: The LG UT640 Series Commercial Signage TV includes pedestal feet that allow you to simply place it on a tabletop, shelf, or other piece of AV furniture. It can also be wall-mounted using an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately). It is VESA 300x300 compatible with 6mm threaded inserts.