About the Leica Elmarit TL 18mm f/2.8 ASPH
An ideal everyday lens
Leica describes their new Elmarit-TL 18mm f/2.8 ASPH as the "perfect 'constant companion' for the compact Leica CL". Its lightweight "pancake" design makes it a perfect walk-around lens for anyone who prefers to keep a low profile.
With a maximum aperture of f/2.8, this lens is great for creating radiant low-light images and crisp portraits with beautifully blurred backgrounds. Its effective focal length of 27mm lets you capture an entire scene in one shot. It's ideal for landscapes, street scenes, group photos, and interior or exterior architectural shots. Use it create captivating close-ups, too — this is one versatile lens you won't want to be without.
- 18mm f/2.8 prime lens
- compatible with APS-C sensor Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras
- lightweight, low-profile design
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 27mm
- minimum focus distance: 11.8"
- minimum aperture: f/16
- lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups (includes 4 aspherical elements)
- full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment in AF mode
- internal thread for Leica E39 filters
- includes front and rear lens caps
- lens is 2-1/2" in diameter and 7/8" long
- weight: 2.8 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 11088
What's in the box:
- Elmarit-TL 18mm f/2.8 ASPH prime lens (black)
- 39mm Front lens cap 14048 (installed)
- Rear lens cap 14025 (installed)
- Cloth pouch
- Soft lens case
- Guarantee Card
- Leica Filters brochure
- Firmware note
More details on the Leica Elmarit TL 18mm f/2.8 ASPH
Overview: The Leica Elmarit-TL 18mm f/2.8 ASPH lens is a wide angle prime lens with a black anodized finish. The 35mm equivalent focal length is 27mm. The 18mm lens comes with front and rear lens caps and a soft storage case.
- Focal Length: 18mm
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 27mm
- Type of Mount: Leica L bayonet type (with contact strip)
- Filter Diameter: 39mm (E39)
- Focusing Range: 11.8" (0.3m) to infinity
- Focusing Modes: Automatic (AF) or Manual (M), in AF mode manual override possible at any time with setting dial
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/16
- Lens Construction: 8 elements in 6 groups (including 4 aspherical surfaces)
- Angle of View (in 27mm format): 75° Diagonal, 65° Horizontal, 46° Vertical
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.404", Length: 1.033" (1.525" w/caps)
- Weight: approximately 2.82 ounces (80 grams)