About the Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50 f/2 ASPH.
An optical all-star from Leica
An optical all-star from Leica
A high-performance 50mm lens opens up all sorts of creative avenues. It offers a natural perspective, lets in tons of light, and delivers bright, colorful images and video footage. The APO-Summicron-SL 50 f/2 ASPH. is one of the best options avaialable for your Leica L-mount mirrorless camera.
This lens's fast f/2 maximum aperture will give you a shallow depth of field, beautiful out-of-focus elements, and edge-to-edge sharpness — even when shot wide open.
A wide f/2 aperture offers excellent low-light performance
Brilliant results, indoors and out
I especially like the APO-Summicron-SL 50 f/2 ASPH. for indoor events like wedding receptions or birthday parties where lighting can be a challenge.
This lens also excels at taking environmental portraits, sweeping landscapes, and gorgeous architectural shots. Its rugged, weather-sealed design protects against dust and light rain.
- 50mm standard prime lens for Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras
- ideal for portraiture, events, landscapes, indoor photography, and more
- f/2 maximum aperture for outstanding low-light performance and a shallow depth of field
- ultra-quiet autofocus for shooting video, including vlogging
Design and construction:
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- Leica AquaDura® coating helps protect against dirt and scratching
- Dual Syncro Drive™ technology for fast, precise autofocus and tracking
- lens construction: 12 elements in 10 groups
- three aspherical lens elements for superb resolution and contrast
- filter/attachment size: 67mm
Dimensions and warranty:
- lens is 2-7/8" in diameter and 4-1/16" long
- weight: 24.4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 11185
What's in the box:
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50 f/2 ASPH.
Overview: The Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH lens is a standard prime lens with a black anodized finish. It has the Leica L bayonet mount, and is perfectly matched to the state-of-the-art SL-System with its fast autofocus performance and detailed images. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, and a lens hood.
Dual Syncro Drive™: Summicron-SL lenses feature a fast, precise, and nearly silent autofocus system. With two powerful stepping motors, the Dual Syncro Drive™ system, the focusing lens elements travel the entire focusing range in fractions of a second. The two autonomous focusing units move in perfect synchronization while the positioning data is analyzed at a very high sampling rate and passed on to the camera.
Depth of Field: Leica SL lenses do not come with an aperture settings ring, and no depth-of-field scale is provided. Instead, the top display of the camera shows the near and far focal length limits of the depth-of-field alongside the set distance.
Lens Construction: The APO-Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH has an optical system constructed of 12 lens elements in 10 groups, including three elements with four aspherical surfaces. These aspherical elements correct monochromatic aberration, while eight elements manufactured from specially formulated, high-quality glass types ensure chromatic correction throughout the entire focusing range.
Lens Hood: Included with the lens is a lens hood that fits with a bayonet-style fitting on the front of the lens. When not in use, it can be reverse-mounted to the lens for storage. The lens hood blocks stray light from entering the lens, effecting contrast, and also protects the front lens against damage, weather, or accidental fingerprint marks.
Filters: The lens is compatible with 67mm screw filters (E67).
Compatibility: This Leica L-mount lens is perfectly matched to Leica SL mirrorless full-frame cameras, such as the SL-2 and SL-2S. You can also use the lens on other Leica L-mount cameras, such as the TL2 and the CL. L-mount lenses can also be used on select Panasonic and SIGMA cameras, according to the L-Mount Alliance.
- Focal Length: 50mm
- 35mm Format Equivalent Focal Length: 75mm
- Type of Mount: Leica L bayonet type (Leica SL System)
- Filter Diameter: 67mm (E67)
- Focusing Range: 13.78" (0.35m) to infinity
- Focusing Modes: Automatic (AF) or Manual (M)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 10 groups (including 3 elements with 4 aspherical surfaces)
- Angle of View:
- Leica SL System: 47.2° Diagonal, 40° Horizontal, 27.3° Vertical
- Leica TL System: 32° Diagonal, 27° Horizontal, 18° Vertical
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.874", Length: 4.016"
- Weight: 24.34 ounces (740 grams)