About the Leica Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH
Lightweight 50mm lens from Leica
Lightweight 50mm lens from Leica
With its natural perspective, 50mm is a great go-to focal length for all sorts of photography. This compact, lightweight Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH lens makes your Leica L-mount mirrorless camera a go-anywhere pleasure to shoot with. It lets in tons of light and delivers bright, color-rich images and video footage.
Stunning results, indoors and out
This lens is a great choice for shooting indoor parties — like weddings or birthdays — where limited light can present challenges. Its fast f/2 maximum aperture really invites you to shoot wide open. That lets you achieve a shallow depth of field, with crisply focused subjects and beautiful out-of-focus background elements.
This lens also performs beautifully when you're composing contextual portraits, deep landscapes, or richly detailed architectural shots. And its rugged, weather-sealed design protects against dust and light rain, in case you run into a bit of weather.
- 50mm standard prime lens for Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras
- ideal for portraiture, events, landscapes, indoor photography, and more
- f/2 maximum aperture for outstanding low-light performance and a shallow depth of field
- minimum focus distance: 17.7"
- ultra-quiet autofocus for shooting video, including vlogging
Design and construction:
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- Leica AquaDura® coating helps protect against dirt and scratching
- lens construction: 9 elements in 8 groups
- three aspherical lens elements for superb resolution and contrast
- filter/attachment size: 67mm
Dimensions and warranty:
- lens is 2-15/16" in diameter and 3-5/16" long
- weight: 14.2 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 11193
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Leica Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH
Overview: The Leica Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH lens (#11 193) is a compact standard prime lens with the Leica L bayonet mount. It fits perfectly on the Leica SL2 and SL2-S cameras. The 50mm focal length presents a natural image angle that corresponds to the view of the human eye. Its fast f/2 maximum aperture makes it ideal for available-light situations and for creating a shallow depth of field. It especially suited for shooting video because of its fast, silent autofocusing. The lens features a magnesium and aluminum full-metal housing with a black anodized finish. It is sealed to protect the lens elements from dust and water splashes. Firmware updates can be downloaded through the camera. The 50mm lens comes with a lens hood and a carrying bag.
Water-Resistant Coating: The Summicron-SL 50mm lens has Leica's Hydrophobic Aqua-Dura® coating on the front and rear external lenses to repel moisture, as well as dust, dirt, and oily fingerprint residues.
Filters: The lens is compatible with 67mm screw-on filters (E67).
Lens Construction:The Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH is made with 9 lens elements in 8 groups with three aspherical elements for increasing sharpness and reducing chromatic and spherical aberrations. Three other lenses are made of glass with anomalous partial dispersion.
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Type of Mount: Leica L bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 67mm (E67)
- Focusing Range: 17.7" (0.45m) to infinity
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- Lens Construction: 9 elements in 8 groups
- Angle of View: 47.4° Diagonal
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.9", Length: 3.3"
- Weight: 14.2 ounces (402 grams), 15.7 ounces (446 grams) with lens hood