About the Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH.
Classic Leica design and performance
Leica is world-renowned for their lineup of lightweight, high-performance prime lenses. The Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH. is one of their smallest and most discrete, making it an excellent choice for street or architectural photography in a bustling city. This classically styled, manual-focus lens delivers vibrant colors and edge-to-edge sharpness — even when shot wide open.
- 28mm prime lens for Leica M-mount cameras
- made in Germany
- compact, lightweight design with black anodized finish
- no autofocus system; manual focus only
- f/2.8 maximum aperture for excellent low-light performance and a shallow depth of field
- ideal for landscape, cityscape, architectural, and street photography
- lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- includes 1 aspherical lens element for excellent detail and contrast
- lens hood included
Dimensions and warranty:
- lens is 2-1/16" in diameter and 1-1/4" long
- weight: 6.2 oz.
- filter/attachment size: 39mm
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 11677
What's in the box:
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH.
Overview: The Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH lens is a wide-angle prime lens with a black anodized finish. It has the Leica M bayonet mount, and is compatible with the Leica M-10 and M-10R cameras. It is an ideal lens for news gathering and street photography applications. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, and a lens hood.
Lens Hood: Included with the lens is a lens hood that fits with a bayonet-style fitting on the front of the lens. When not in use, it can be reverse-mounted to the lens for storage. The lens hood blocks stray light from entering the lens, effecting contrast, and also protects the front lens against damage, weather, or accidental fingerprint marks.
Filters: The lens is compatible with 39mm screw-on filters (E39).
- Focal Length: 28mm
- Type of Mount: Leica M bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 39mm (E39)
- Focusing Range: 27.56" (0.7m) to infinity
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Aperture Type: 10-blade circular
- Lens Construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- Angle of View:
- for 35mm: 75° Diagonal, 65° Horizontal, 46° Vertical
- for M8: 60° Diagonal, 51° Horizontal, 36° Vertical
- Dimensions: Diameter: 2.05", Length: 1.21"
- Weight: 6.173 ounces (175 grams)