About the Leica SF 60
Get better control over your subject's lighting
Get better control over your subject's lighting
Looking for a simple way to take even better images with your beloved Leica digital camera? An external flash like the SF 60 lets you easily add more light to your compositions — useful for both indoor and outdoor photography.
This flash is simple to operate, thanks to front-panel control dials and an LCD info display.
The tilting/swiveling head lets you bounce light off a wall or ceiling for natural, even exposures. You can also face it forward when you're outside to add flattering fill light to portraits — especially helpful for avoiding harsh shadows when shooting in bright sunlight.
Geared toward photographers and videographers
I use bounce flash for still photography at nearly every event I cover. But the SF 60 is equally helpful for videographers, thanks to a selectable constant-light mode with adjustable output level for recording video. I especially like this flash's compact, lightweight form factor.
- designed for use with select Leica cameras, including S, SL, M, Q, and CL Series bodies
- adds high-quality fill or bounce flash to your subject
- ideal for portraits, indoor events, and product photography
- flash head can be tilted 90° upward and swiveled 180° left and right
- selectable constant-light mode with adjustable output level for recording video
Design and control:
- compact, lightweight design
- LCD info screen
- manual, automatic, and TTL (Through The Lens) exposure modes
- automatically adjusts to focal lengths between 24 and 200mm (35 mm equivalent)
- high-speed sync allows flash to be synchronized to the camera's full range of shutter speeds
- maximum guide number: 60 (at ISO 100)
Warranty and other info:
- includes clip-on softbox and mini-stand with 1/4" thread
- uses four AA batteries (not included)
- 2-7/8"W x 3-7/8"H x 4-1/4"D"
- weight: 10.6 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 14625
What's in the box:
- SF 60 flash unit
- Soft box
- Flash stand
- Soft case
- Quick Start Guide
- Guarantee card
- FCC Note
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Leica SF 60
Overview: The Leica SF 60 system flash is designed for the S, SL, and M series cameras. It can also be used with Leica Q and CL cameras. It has a guide number of 60 at ISO 100 (200mm), and coverage from 24-200mm. The compact, powerful flash comes with a flash stand, soft box, and handy storage case.
Adjustable Head: The SF 60 is capable of indirect and bounced flash. The flash head can be swiveled horizontally from 0° to 180° in both directions, with positions at 30°, 60°, 90°, 120°, 150°, and 180°. The head tilts upward from 0° to 90° with positions at 45° 60°, 75°, and 90°.
Soft Box: The included soft box clips onto the front of the flash head, and provides a softer light when full direct flash is not needed.
Compatible Focal Lengths: When controlled by the camera, the flash automatically adjusts to focal lengths from 24mm to 200mm (35mm equivalent) with settings at 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 85, 105, 135, and 200mm. When the integrated reflector is used, flash coverage is available for ultra-wide-angle exposures down to 16mm.
Flash Head Features: The flash head features a pull-out reflector panel that can help illuminate areas without harsh shadows. In addition, the flash has a spring-loaded wide-angle diffuser that helps provide better coverage for wide-angle shots.
AF Auxiliary Light: The SF 60 has a small light that assists the camera during autofocusing when lighting is low. The AF Auxiliary Lamp projects a striped pattern onto the subject that the camera uses for focusing. It has a range of 2.3' (0.7m) to 16.4' (5m) when a 50mm lens is attached to the camera. The camera must be set to Single AF (S-AF) in order for the AF Aux Lamp to activate.
Video Light: For videographers, the SF 60 has a constant LED video light. Using the back panel setting ring, you can set the output to any of 9 brightness levels.
Flash Modes Selection: On the rear panel, the rotary mode dial lets you set the desired Flash Mode from the following:
- Video Light: Turns on Video Light (9 selectable brightness levels)
- SF: Remote release without pre-flash
- SD: Remote release with pre-flash
- M: Manual setting (output levels selectable from 1/1 to 1/256 in 0.3EV increments)
- A: Full automatic flash mode (exposure controlled by the camera)
- TTL: Full automatic mode with selectable flash exposure compensation (+/- 2 EV in 0.3EV increments)
- ABC: Wireless remote control for up to three flash groups with different settings selectable
Stand: The SF 60 flash unit comes with a flash stand that can be used when remote flash is needed. The stand has a 1/4" thread for attaching it to a tripod, or it can be placed on a tabletop or other flat surface.
Power: The Leica SF 60 is powered by four "AA" batteries (not included). The flash has a power save feature which switches the unit to standby after 2 or 5 minutes (depending on the flash mode), and powers off after 60 minutes. The unit has a connector for an external power supply, such as the Nissin Pack PS 8 (Sony version), for longer shooting sessions and faster flash recycle times.
- Guide Number: 196.85' / 60 m at ISO 100 (200mm position)
- Coverage (full frame): 24-200mm (16mm with wide-angle adapter)
- Manual Output Levels: 1/1 to 1/256
- Flash Duration: 1/800 to 1/20000
- Video Light Duration: approx. 3.5 hours
- Color Temperature: approx 5600 K (full output)
- ISO Range: ISO 50 to ISO 50000
- Number of Flashes: 220 to 1500 (depending on battery type and flash mode)
- Flash Recycle Time: 0.1 to 5.5 seconds
- AF Auxiliary Lamp Range: 2.3' to 16.4' (0.7-5m) with 50mm lens
- Dimensions: Width 2.872", Height 3.878", Depth 4.25"
- Weight: 10.58 ounces.
1 question already asked