About the Leica Geovid 10x42 R Binoculars
Find your focus and measure the distance
Find your focus and measure the distance
Leica's Geovid 10x42 R is a high-performance optical tool with 10x magnification and rangefinding capability up to 1,200 yards.
Leica optics are among the best in the world. Their Geovid 10x42 R rangefinding binoculars feature top-notch glass and coatings coupled with design refinements that reflect Leica's 150-year-plus history in the optics business.
You'll see bright, lifelike images as you scan the field. And when you spot that wild turkey foraging across the distant meadow, press a button to get an accurate distance read from up to 1,200 yards away. They also give you the equivalent horizontal range (EHR) for more practical, true-to-life measurements if you're aiming uphill or downhill.
A tradition of optic excellence
I learned photography on my dad's old 1950s Leica M3, and I bet it's still taking great images for the lucky person he eventually sold it to. These rangefinding binoculars are also built to last a lifetime — and more.
These Geovids feel solid and comfortable to hold in your hands. Focus, diopter, and interpupillary adjustments are smooth and precise. Even more importantly, Leica uses innovative HDC™ coating processes for the high-quality lenses. So when you look through them, you'll see astonishing detail and depth of focus, and razor-sharp, contrast-rich images with bright colors — even in low light.
Rugged and reliable for a lifetime of use
Leica Geovids feature a durable, die-cast aluminum-alloy body with rubber armor coating that's easy to grip. Plus, these binoculars are waterproof and fogproof so you can use them worry-free under just about any conditions.
The included contoured Neoprene strap provides plenty of support to keep you comfortable over long stretches in the field while keeping your Geovids always at the ready. Or set them on a tripod (sold separately), for a more stable view.
- 10x rangefinding binoculars with HDC™ lens coatings
- nitrogen-filled waterproof and fogproof design for use in all weather conditions
- watertight to a depth of 16 feet (5 meters)
- die-cast aluminum body
- twist-up eye cups with two click stops provide comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses
- durable rubber armor exterior offers non-slip grip
- tripod adaptable
- magnification: 10x
- objective lens diameter: 42mm
- linear field of view at 1000 yards: 331 feet
- close focus distance: 18.4 feet
- exit pupil: 4.2mm
- diopter compensation: ±4
- distance measurement range: 10-1,200 yards
- equivalent horizontal range (EHR): 10-1,200 yards
- two modes:
- single measurement (0.3 seconds)
- scanning (every 0.5 seconds continuous)
- measuring accuracy:
- 10 to 382 yards: ± 1 yard
- >382-766 yards: ± 2 yards
- >766 yards: ± 0.5 %
- battery life: approximately 2,000 uses
- 4-3/8"W x 6-5/8"H x 3"D
- weight: 33.3 ounces
- warranty: 30 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 40428
What's in the box:
- Rangefinder binoculars
- Eyepiece cap
- 2 Objective lens caps
- CR-2 Lithium battery (3V)
- Curved neoprene neck strap
- Cordura storage case
- Lens cleaner
- Guarantee card
- Quality control card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Leica Geovid 10x42 R Binoculars
Overview: The Leica Geovid 10x42 R (#40428 - yard version) is a combination rangefinder and binocular that are ideal for hunters. The rangefinder functions include a built-in inclinometer and ballistics calculator to give you more accuracy when lining up your shot. The binoculars feature a tough aluminum alloy body that is filled with nitrogen to prevent fogging and condensation on the internal lens elements. The Geovid 10x42 R comes with a contoured neck strap, eyepiece and objective lens caps, and a Cordura carrying case.
Waterproof: The Geovid 10x42 R is completely waterproof down to a depth of 16.5 feet, or 5 meters.
Premium Leica Optics: The binoculars feature premium Leica optics for sharp, high-contrast images with superior color fidelity. They are manufactured with the latest glass types and HDC (High Durable Coating) multicoating and Aqua-Dura coatings on the outer lenses. The binoculars use compact roof prisms for outstanding light transmission and optical performance.
Rangefinder Functions: The Geovid 10x42 R features a built-in laser rangefinder system that lets you accurately measure distances from 10 to 1200 yards. A 4-character LED display inside the eyepiece shows you the distance measurement (in yards only) to your target. When measuring angle shots at targets at a different elevation, the binoculars calculate the relative shooting distance, or the Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR), to the target. Not only are elevation and distance taken into account, but the barometric pressure, temperature, and the ballistic curve are calculated to provide an accurate point of aim to bag your game. The EHR distances are available up to 1200 yards.
Focus Wheel/Diopter Ring: The Geovid 10x42 R has a smooth, central focus wheel for focusing on subjects at different distances. The binoculars feature a ±4 dpt diopter adjustment for each eyepiece that assures both eyepieces are in focus. The adjustment has a diopter index indicating the "0" position, as well as + and - positions.
Eyecups: The 2 click-stop rubber eyecups make it easy to position your eyes at the correct eye-point for the greatest comfort during extended use. The eyecups can retract to accommodate eyeglass wearers.
Power: The Geovid 10x42 R binoculars are powered by a 3V CR-2 Lithium battery (included). A fresh battery should have enough charge for over 2000 measurements. When the low battery indicator starts flashing, the battery should be able to perform another 50 measurements.
Leica Passport Warranty: Leica Sport Optics are covered by a new best-in-class warranty and product protection plan. The Leica Passport Warranty is completely free, and includes a fully transferrable no-fault 10-year accidental damage cover plan and a 30-year manufacturer's defect warranty. No warranty card or receipts are needed.
- Model: Geovid 10x42 R (#40428)
- Magnification: 10x
- Objective Diameter: 42 mm
- Close Focusing Distance: approximately 18.4 feet (5.6 meters)
- Diopter Compensation: +/- 4 dpt
- Viewing Angle (apparent): 63°
- Field of View at 1000 yds: 331 feet
- Field of View at 1000 meters: 110 meters
- Distance Measurement (Range): 10 to 1200 yards
- Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR): 10 to 1200 yards
- Measuring Accuracy:
- 10-382 yards: +/- 1 yards
- 382-766 yards: +/- 2 yards
- Beyond 766 yards: +/- 0.5%
- Exit Pupil: 4.2 mm
- Twilight Factor: 20.5
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 56-74mm (adjustable)
- Dimensions: Width 4.562"-5.346", Height 6.619", Depth 2.994"
- Weight: 33.3 ounces