About the Leica Rangemaster CRF 2800.COM
More to this rangefinder than meets the eye
More to this rangefinder than meets the eye
The CRF 2800.COM is a smart rangefinder that integrates with the free Leica Hunting app and the Kestrel Elite 5700 weather meter (sold separately).
Leica's Rangemaster CRF 2800.COM is compact, quick, and precise — just what you need when making split-second decisions out in the field. It gives you accurate distance reads on targets up to 2,800 yards away. It also gives you the equivalent horizontal range (EHR) if you're aiming uphill or downhill.
But this is more than your ordinary rangefinder. You can use the 2800.COM with the free Leica Hunting app and the Kestrel Elite 5700 weather meter (sold separately) to figure out the best ammo for your distance and wind.
And the 2800.COM does all this in a rugged yet refined handheld unit loaded with the brilliant optics Leica has been specializing in for over 150 years.
Great glass and technology
Leica uses innovative coating processes for their high-performance lenses. You'll see bright, crisp images and clear measurement readouts on the internal LED display.
Single distance reads appear in just 0.3 seconds, and you can also press and hold the read button to use scanning mode. This will give you distance readings every 0.5 seconds, so you can follow a deer moving along a ridge, for example, or get relative readings as you scan from tree to rock to the animal you're stalking.
Rugged and reliable for a lifetime of use
The CRF 2800.COM features a durable, carbon fiber-reinforced plastic body with rubber armor coating that's easy to grip. Leica's AquaDura® coating protects the high-performance optics from water, dust and dirt. Plus, this rangefinder is waterproof and fogproof so you can use it worry-free under just about any conditions.
- laser rangefinder with 7x magnification and AquaDura® lens coating
- works with Leica Hunting app for iOS® and Android ™ devices
- pairs wirelessly with your device using Bluetooth 4.1
- integrates with Kestrel Elite 5700 wind/weather meter (sold separately)
- precise 4-digit LED display is easy to read in any light
- turn down rubber eyecup accommodates eyeglasses
- roof-prism design with phase-correcting P40 coating
- carbon fiber-reinforced plastic housing
- watertight to a depth of 3.2 feet (1 meter)
- distance measurement range: 10-2,800 yards/10-2,600m
- equivalent horizontal range (EHR): 10-2,800 yards/10-2,600m; 10-1,200 yards/10-1,100m
- top-mounted button for yard/meter switching
- two modes:
- single measurement (0.3 seconds)
- scanning (every 0.5 seconds continuous)
- measuring accuracy:
- up to 200 yards/m: ± 0.5 yards/m
- >200-400 yards/m: ± 1 yards/m
- >400-800 yards/m: ± 2 yards/m
- >800 yards/m: ± 0.5 %
- ballistic output:
- 10-875 yards/10-800 m when using integrated Leica ballistic curves 1-12
- 10-1,000 yards/10-910 m using custom curve via Leica Hunting app
- 10-2,800 yards/10-2,600 m when using Kestrel 5700 Elite
- front lens diameter: 24mm
- exit pupil: 3.4mm
- field of view at 1,000 yards/1,000 m: 347 feet/115 m
- eye-relief: 15mm
- objective angle of view: 6.6°
- twilight factor: 13
- diopter compensation: ±3.5
- battery life: approximately 1,700 measurements
- 1-5/16"W x 2-15/16"H x 4-7/16"D
- 6.7 oz.
- warranty: 30 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 3V/lithium-type C2R battery included
- carrying cord
- Cordura case
- MFR # 40506
What's in the box:
- CR2 battery (3V)
- Neck strap
- Carrying case
- Quick Start Guide
- Guarantee card
- Quality control card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Leica Rangemaster CRF 2800.COM
Overview: The Leica Rangemaster CRF 2800.COM (#40 506) can provide accurate distance measurements up to 2800 yards. It's the first Leica rangefinder with built-in Bluetooth, which allows you to pair the rangefinder with your smartphone (and the Leica Hunting app) for a wide range of ballistic functions. The lightweight and compact CRF 2800.COM comes with a 3V Lithium battery, neck lanyard, and a soft, Cordura carrying case.
Range Measurements: Taking a distance measurement is as easy as point and shoot. You should aim directly at the object and center the reticle on your target. The reticle remains lit for approximately 6 seconds while you aim at the target. To take a measurement, press the main button on the top of the rangefinder. In approximately 0.3 seconds, the laser measurement is taken and the distance displayed. You can also take continuous measurements in the Scan Mode by pressing and holding the button for over 2.5 seconds. A new measured value is displayed after 1/2 second. The rangefinder should be held very steadily during use, or placed on a solid surface.
Bluetooth Ver.4.1: Pairing your rangefinder with your smartphone provides extra features that assist you in your hunting and long range shooting activities. The Leica Hunting app lets you configure your individual ballistics on your smartphone and transfer them to the Rangemaster. This helps determine the bullet trajectory on the basis of the caliber, bullet type, and weight to calculate the amount of impact point correction. In addition, the ballistic data can be wirelessly transferred to your rangefinder from a compatible Nielsen-Kellerman/Kestrel Elite device, which takes into account temperature, air pressure, wind speed, and wind direction in calculating the exact ballistic distance and correction data. Firmware updates for the Rangemaster can be transferred through the app to the rangefinder. The Leica Hunting App is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch with iOS 9.0 or later, as well as Android 4.1 and up.
Distance Displays: The CRF 2800.COM has a distance range of 10 to 2800 yards (10-2600 meters). You can set the unit of measure to imperial (yards) or metric (meters) in the menu. When using the Leica Hunting app, the Advanced Ballistic Compensation (ABC) lets you display one of three ballistic values after the measured range is determined:
- Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR): Taking a shot at a higher or lower elevation target changes the ballistic conditions, and requires knowledge of the equivalent horizontal range.
- Holdover: Holdover is defined as the point that you aim at with the weapon, instead of the actual target point, to compensate for the variation caused by the trajectory of the bullet.
- Impact Point Correction/Clicks: Variations in the point of impact can be compensated by adjusting the retical on your rifle scope accordingly. Based on the bullet trajectory and zeroing distance, the rangefinder can display the required adjustment in the number of clicks needed on the scope.
Laser: The Leica Rangemaster uses an invisible, eye-safe laser beam with an IEC/EN Class 1 classification.
Waterproof: The Rangemaster CRF 2800.COM has a waterproof housing that protects the device during submersion in 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes.
Leica Optics/Coatings: The rangefinder features premium Leica optics for sharp, high-contrast images. The optics provide 7x magnification and a 24mm objective (front) lens. The lenses have Leica's High Durable Coating (HDC™) and Aqua-Dura coating on external lenses. The prisms also have Phase Correction coating P40.
Diopter Adjustment: You can rotate the eyecup in either direction to adjust the focus to your vision. The rangefinder has an adjustment of +/- 3 diopters.
Eyecup: The rubber eyecup can accommodate users who wear eyeglasses and those who don't. While wearing glasses, you should fold down the rubber eyecup to ensure the correct distance between the rangefinder and your eye. Users not wearing glasses can leave the eyecup folded out.
Battery Power: The CRF 2800.COM is powered by a CR2 3-volt Lithium battery (included). Replacement batteries can be easily obtained and user replaced. Typical battery life is approximately 2000 uses. When the battery nears depletion, the reticle and measured value will flash. This indicates you still have enough power for another 100 measurements, but at a gradually reducing range. Power consumption is much higher in Scan Mode, compared to single measurements.
Leica Passport Warranty: Leica Sport Optics are covered by a new best-in-class warranty and product protection plan. The Leica Passport Warranty is completely free, and includes a fully transferrable no-fault 10-year accidental damage cover plan and a 30-year manufacturer's defect warranty. No warranty card or receipt is needed.
- Model: Rangemaster CRF 2800.COM (#40 506)
- Magnification: 7x
- Front Lens Diameter: 24 mm
- Objective Angle of View: 6.6°
- Watertightness: 3.2 feet (1 meter)/30 minutes
- Diopter Compensation: +/- 3 dpt
- Distance Measurement:
- Range: 10 to 2800 yards (10-2600 meters)
- Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR): 10 to 1200 yards (10-1100 meters)
- Ballistic Output Values: 10 to 875 yards (10-800 meters)
- Measuring Accuracy:
- 10-200 yards: +/- 0.5 yards
- 200-400 yards: +/- 1 yard
- 400-800 yards: +/- 2 yards
- Over 800 yards: 0.5%
- Field of View at 1000 meters: 115 meters
- Exit Pupil: 3.4 mm
- Eye Relief: 15 mm
- Twilight Factor: 13
- Battery Life: approximately 2000 uses
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 185° F (-40°-85°C)
- Operating Temperature: -4° to 131° F (-20°-55°C)
- Dimensions: Width 1.29", Height 2.933", Depth 4.39"
- Weight: 6.7 ounces
1 question already asked