About the Leica Trinovid Classic 8x40 Binoculars
Rugged, high performance binoculars
Rugged, high performance binoculars
Leica is known for premium optical performance and classic design, and these binoculars continue that tradition. They're compact, lightweight and weatherproof, so they can go with you just about anywhere. And they offer 8X magnification and a wide 404-foot linear field of view at 1000 yards. Leica's proprietary AquaDura® lens coating protects optics from water, dust and dirt, and HDC® multicoating increases contrast and provides true color rendition.
Easy on the eyes
These binoculars definitely look good, but they're also designed for your viewing comfort. They feature twist-up eye cups with four click stops to accommodate users with or without eyeglasses. Interpupillary distance is adjustable from 55-75mm to suit the dimensions of your face. There's a diopter adjustment, so you can quickly bring your subject into sharp focus.
- premium Leica optics for sharp, high-contrast images with superior color
- Leica AquaDura® lens coating protects optics from water, dust and dirt
- HDC® multicoating increases contrast and provides true color rendition
- compact roof-prism design
- durable, lightweight aluminum body with leather trim
- twist-up eye cups with four click stops provide comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses
- magnification: 8X
- objective lens diameter: 40mm
- linear field of view at 1000 yards: 404 feet
- close focus distance: 18 feet
- exit pupil: 5mm
- eye relief: 16mm
- adjustable interpupillary distance: 55-75mm
- diopter compensation: ±3dpt
- twilight factor of 17.9 allows visibility in dim light
- calf leather bag
- contoured neoprene neck strap
- eyepiece caps
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4-7/8"W x 5-7/8"H x 1-7/8"D
- weight: 22.4 oz.
- warranty: 30 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 40717
What's in the box:
- 8 x 40mm Binoculars
- Eyepiece cap
- Padded shoulder strap
- Carry strap
- Carry Case
- Lens cleaner
- Test certificate
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Leica Trinovid Classic 8x40 Binoculars
Overview: The Leica Trinovid 8x40 (#40717) features a classic design from the 1960s. The slim, compact binoculars are equipped with powerful optics utilizing the latest glass types and coatings for bright, natural images. The black leather-wrapped aluminum housing is ruggedly built to withstand many challenges. The Trinovid 8x40 comes with a curved neoprene padded carrying strap, eyepiece caps, and a soft, calf leather carrying bag.
Waterproof: The Trinovid 8x40 are weatherproof and splash-proof.
Premium Leica Optics: The Trinovid binoculars feature premium Leica optics for sharp, high-contrast images with superior color fidelity. They are manufactured with the latest glass types and HDC multicoating and Aquadura coatings on the outer lenses.
Focus Wheel/Diopter Ring: The Trinovid 8x40 has a smooth, central focus wheel for focusing on subjects at different distances. The binoculars feature a ±3 dpt diopter adjustment for the right eyepiece that assures both eyepieces are in focus. The diopter adjustment is located at the lower end of the bridge, instead of on the right eyepiece. The adjustment has a diopter index indicating the "0" position, as well as + and - positions.
Eyecups: The 4 click-stop rubber eyecups has multiple positions to make it easy to position your eyes at the correct eye-point for the greatest comfort during extended use. The eyecups can retract to accommodate eyeglass wearers. The eye relief is 16mm.
Leather Trim: The body of the Trinovid 8x40 is wrapped in textured black leather trim for a classic look.
Leica Passport Warranty: Leica Sport Optics are covered by a new best-in-class warranty and product protection plan. The Leica Passport Warranty is completely free, and includes a fully transferrable no-fault 10-year accidental damage cover plan and a 30-year manufacturer's defect warranty. No warranty card or receipts is needed.
- Model: Trinovid 8x40 (#40 717)
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective Diameter: 40 mm
- Close Focusing Distance: 18 feet (5.5 meters)
- Diopter Compensation: +/- 3 dpt
- Field of View at 1000 yds: 404 feet
- Field of View at 1000 meters: 123 meters
- Exit Pupil: 5 mm
- Eye Relief: 16 mm
- Twilight Factor: 17.9
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 55-75mm (2.17" to 2.95")
- Dimensions: Width 4.845", Height 5.823", Depth 1.852"
- Weight: 22.4 ounces