About the App-Tronics SmartVision Mirror
The superior mirror
The superior mirror
App-Tronics made their SmartVision replacement mirror for folks looking to upgrade their vehicle with onboard video features without having to install a video-capable receiver. It incorporates three major features into one fully functional, universally mountable rear-view mirror:
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming;
- dash cam loop video recording;
- rear-view camera loop recording and in-mirror display for reversing.
The SmartVision's advanced Bluetooth 4.0 pairs easily with your compatible phone so you can take and make hands-free calls as you drive. Got some of your favorite tunes on your smartphone? A2DP technology lets you stream those songs to the mirror's built-in speakers. Pair your smartphone with the SmartVision once and the connection will be automatic after that. It's a convenient option if you have an old factory or aftermarket stereo that isn't equipped with Bluetooth.
App-Tronic's DVR (dual view recording) feature allows you to record and view video feeds from the front and rear cameras simultaneously.
Security in front and back
Using a unique dual line video recording process, the SmartVision system has the ability to record from the front camera and the rear camera simultaneously. The system starts recording its wide angle view of the road ahead and behind (if installed accordingly) when you start your car and stops when you switch off the ignition. This fully automated loop-recording process gives you HD video files in 1, 3, or 5 minute increments saved to the included 8GB microSD card.
The system sports motion-sensoring and adjustable collision-sensoring too. When a collision occurs, the system will store the 10 seconds before and after the incident in a locked file folder that cannot be overwritten automatically.
Other video features include one-touch photo capability, manual recording, in-monitor file playback, and time/date/GPS location stamping for a more detailed presentation of an incident.
When your vehicle is in reverse, you'll gain a 5" HD view of what's behind you with selectable parking lines and distance warnings. Depending on how you install the SmartVision system, the rear-view camera will record either when you are in reverse only, or at all times the vehicle is in use.
All your options in one place
Push-button navigation of the SmartVision system occurs entirely within the 5" display using an in-depth onscreen menu.
To install the SmartVision, you can remove your existing rear-view mirror and windshield anchor to use the App-Tronics Universal Mirror Mount kit (included with your App-Tronics mirror). You'll need to pick up a rear-view mirror repair kit at an auto parts store for the additional adhesive required to complete the installation. If you would prefer to mount the SmartVision on your car's existing rear-view mirror anchor, we offer a selection of vehicle-specific mounting adapters that work in most vehicles.
Installation will require the replacement of your factory rear-view mirror, mounting the rear-view camera, and running wire for power and video between the rear and front of your vehicle. If you have not attempted this kind of installation before, professional installation is recommended.
Note: A rear-view camera provides an additional view when reversing your vehicle. It is intended to be used in conjuction with your rear- and side-view mirrors to give a fuller picture of what's behind you.
- all-in-one replacement mirror system featuring dash cam, rear-view, and Bluetooth® 4.0 functionality
- dual view recording capability allows simultaneous recording of front and rear video feeds
- universal mirror mount
- in-depth onscreen menu with push-button control
- includes 8GB microSD card (memory upgradable to 32GB)
- NT99141 image sensor with color video output
- 120-degree horizontal viewing angles
- weather-proof camera housing and mount
- 20-30 frames per second
- photo resolution: up to 5 megapixels
- selectable parking lines
- resolution: 800 x 480
- 5" color HD monitor built into mirror
- built-in speakers
- built-in microphone
- push-button adjustable contrast and brightness
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SmartVision
What's in the box:
- Rear-view mirror
- 8GB microSD card (pre-installed)
- Rear-view camera (w/ attached 55" cable)
- Windshield bracket
- 8' Signal/power cable
- 20' Signal/power cable
- 5 Machine screws
- Operation Manual
App-Tronics SmartVision Mirror reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the App-Tronics SmartVision Mirror
Replacement Rear-View Mirror: The App-Tronics SmartVision is designed to replace your existing rear-view mirror. It comes with a universal mounting bracket. In addition to this universal bracket, you'll also need a windshield mount repair kit which can be purchased at most auto parts store (sold separately). App-Tronics also offers a variety of vehicle specific mounting brackets which can be purchased separately (see accessory list). In addition to mounting the replacement rear-view mirror, you'll need to hardwire +12V constant power, +12V accessory power, +12V backup lamp, and ground connections. A composite video cable provides connection between the rear-view mirror and the included rear-view camera.
5" LCD Monitor: The App-Tronics SmartVision's rear-view mirror features an integrated 5" LCD screen with a resolution of 800 x 480. The monitor can play back front and rearview camera video simultaneously. You can adjust brightness and color of LCD monitor.
Front Camera: The front camera allows you to record video of the road ahead to the SmartVision's DVR function and microSD card. The front camera is integrated into the back of the SmartVision's rear mirror & monitor.
Rear-View Camera: The App-Tronics SmartVision comes with an external rear-view camera to help you see better what is behind you. The rear camera provides a 120-degree viewing angle. In addition to a rear-view image, the back up camera provides horizontal and vertical guidelines to assist you when backing into a parking place. The rear-view camera is designed to be mounted outside the vehicle and features a waterproof housing. By connecting the rear-view camera system to your vehicle's back-up lamps, you can have the SmartVision system automatically switch to the rear-view image when your vehicle is backing up.
Note: The included rear-view camera is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
DVR: The App-Tronics SmartVision features a DVR function that allows you to record both front and rear camera video to the included 8GB micro-SD card (pre-installed). Audio inside the vehicle is also recorded from the SmartVision's built-in mic. When the memory card is full, the new video clips will automatically overwrite the oldest video footage. Video is recorded in MP4 and captured at either 1280x720(30fps) or 720x480(25fps). You can also capture JPEG still-images from the front camera and save them to the DVR. SmartVision offers several recording modes.
- Manual Record: You can manually start and stop recording video from the front camera by pressing and holding down on the power button of the SmartVision's rear-view mirror & monitor.
- GPS Auto Record: The DVR function will automatically start recording video from the front camera when your vehicle goes in motion and will stop recording when your vehicle comes to a stop, thanks to built-in GPS.
- Motion Detection: When the front camera picks up movements of objects, the SmartVision enters record mode. Once movement has stopped for five seconds, it will stop recording.
- Collision G-Sensor: In the event of a serious vehicle collision, the SmartVision will lock the incident and will record both 10 seconds before and after the video image when the G-sensor is initiated.
- Auto Reverse Record: The SmartVision's DVR automatically record video from the rear-view camera when your vehicle is put into reverse gear.
Playback Functions: You are able to play recorded audio/video files on the SmartVision's integrated monitor and through the built-in speakers. You can select video files and control play/pause functions.
MicroSD Card Slot: The SmartVision features a microSD card slot and comes with a pre-installed 8GB SD memory card. The unit will support SDHC memory cards up to 64GB.
Folders: The SmartVision's software provides separate footage folders. The first folder contains locked footage for when the internal G-Sensor detects an impact saving that recording from being erased. A second folder for normal/standard driving footage. And, a third folder to store still photos.
Built-in Bluetooth: The App-Tronics SmartVision offers built-in Bluetooth 4.0 for wireless hands-free communication (HFP) and wireless audio streaming (A2DP). The SmartVision's built-in Bluetooth feature supports wireless connection from most Bluetooth-enable devices like Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Nokia smartphone, and more.
- Hands-Free Communication (HFP): You are able to make and receive phone calls from your compatible Bluetooth-enabled phone and have the audio transferred to the SmartVision, so the other party is heard through the built-in speakers. The unit's integrated microphone carries on your side of the conversation. There are no phone controls on the SmartVision mirror & monitor; you will need to make, answer, and end call from your phone.
- Wireless Audio Streaming (A2DP): You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps from your compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile device to the SmartVision. Playback functions and song/artist information will still be done through your Bluetooth-enabled device. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call from your phone. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the SmartVision.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked