About the Fusion MS-AB206
Big bass for below decks
Big bass for below decks
Just because you're on a boat doesn't mean you spend all your time on deck. Sometimes, you just want to relax in a nice, comfy cabin and enjoy some music or watch a game. You'll enjoy that time a whole lot more when you add a Fusion MS-AB206 marine subwoofer to your system. Designed to bring big bass to your boat's cabin, the MS-AB206 will take any vessel's sound system to a whole new level of excellence. Specifically tuned to deliver impressive performance in the often-snug confines of a boat cabin, this powered sub gives you the rich, full bass you want in a compact package.
A look at the twin down-firing subwoofers
The anchor of your in-cabin audio system
The MS-AB206 features a 6" dual voice-coil, down-firing woofer and a matching passive radiator for exceptional bass reproduction. The passive radiator is used to augment the output the 6" driver for better low-frequency performance from a truly compact enclosure.
A built-in 4-channel Class-D amplifier delivers high output and high efficiency. Two channels are dedicated to the subwoofer, while the other two channels are tuned to power Fusion's MS-BX3020 cabin speakers -- a highly-recommended combo that sounds great in any boat.
This sub is designed for cabin use, but Fusion still engineers it to withstand moisture and heat just as well as their outdoor marine speakers. This rugged speaker is backed by Fusion's True Marine 3-year warranty.
- marine-ready active subwoofer with Class D amp
- 6" down-firing sub + 6" passive radiator
- built-in Class D amplifier
- designed for use with Fusion MS-BX3020 cabin speakers
- 26 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms (43 watts RMS per channel at 2 ohms)
- 350 watts peak power (210W sub + 140W speakers)
- low-pass filter response: 25-200 Hz
- 15-amp fuse
- stainless steel mounting hardware included
- dimensions: 19-11/16" L x 9-27/32" W x 6-13/32" H
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MS-AB206
What's in the box:
- Black powered subwoofer
- 20' Power (8-gauge)/ground (8-gauge)/turn-on lead (18-gauge) harness (6-pin Molex plug on one end and ring terminals on power and ground wires)
- In-line fuse holder with 15A ATO fuse (installed on power wire)
- 19.5' RCA cable (straight stereo RCA plugs at one end and right-angled stereo RCA plugs at other end)
- 4 Stainless steel screws (length=30mm)
- User/Installation Manual
- Warranty booklet
More details on the Fusion MS-AB206
Overview: The Fusion MS-AB206 is an active subwoofer designed for marine use. The subwoofer features a down-firing 6" dual voice coil woofer and a 6" passive radiator. The woofer is powered by a built-in 4-channel Class D amplifier. Two speaker outputs allow you to connect a pair of Fusion MS-BX3020 speakers (or other Fusion speakers) for a full-range system.
Installation Kit: The MS-AB206 comes with all of the power and signal wires you need to install the subwoofer. A harness with 20' of 8-gauge red power wire, 20' of 8-gauge black ground wire, and 20' of 18-gauge blue turn-on lead is supplied, as well as a 19.5' Stereo RCA patch cable. The power/ground/turn-on harness is terminated with a 6-pin Molex connector that plugs directly into the subwoofer's control panel.
Control Panel: On one end of the enclosure is the active subwoofer's control panel. The panel is protected by a cover held in place by two screws. The control panel features the following:
- Power Receptacle: Female 6-pin Molex connector accepts the plug for the supplied power/ground/turn-on harness.
- Fuse: A 15A ATO fuse is inserted into the control panel.
- Input: Recessed Stereo RCA jacks for plugging in the supplied RCA patch cable.
- Speaker Output: Left and right spring clip speaker terminals for connecting an optional pair of speakers.
- Auto On Switch: When a remote turn-on lead is unavailable, the Auto On feature will turn on the built-in amplifier when an audio signal is present at the input. When the audio signal is no longer detected, the unit will switch itself off after 90 seconds. The switch should be turned to Off when a turn-on lead is used.
- LPF: The MS-AB206 has both a fixed and variable low pass filter (LPF). When a pair of MS-BX3020 speakers is connected, the LPF should be switched off (making it fixed at 200Hz). If other Fusion speakers are connected, the LPF should be switched on (making it variable) and the cutoff frequency adjusted between 25Hz and 200Hz using the rotary control.
- Sub Level: You can adjust the subwoofer's level, relative to the rest of the system, using the rotary level control.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked