About the Fusion MS-AM402
Big-time performance from a rugged amp
Big-time performance from a rugged amp
Fusion's AM Series marine amplifiers are powerful enough to bring out the best in your music and tough enough to withstand damaging moisture that turns lesser audio equipment into ballast. The carefully engineered heat sink keeps temperatures under control, even during hard use, while a special cooling system keeps damaging heat away from the semiconductors. Fusion's Regulated Amp Technology ensures that you get all the power you want without using up voltage you need for other things.
Plenty of power for your marine system
The AM-402 2-channel amplifier can deliver 65 watts RMS each to a pair of speakers, or send 200 watts to a sub or two. Whatever the job, you can adjust the high- and low-pass filters to maximize your system's performance. These amps use heat-tempered, conformal coated circuit boards for durability and nickel-plated connectors for consistent signal flow, giving you all the clean power you need to make a day on the water sound like a night at a music hall.
- 2-channel marine amplifier
- 65 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms bridged
- variable high- and low-pass crossovers
- variable bass boost
- RCA line-out lets you link multiple amps
- conformal-coated circuit board
- weather-resistant construction
- dimensions: 11-11/16"D x 9-1/16"W x 2-1/8"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MS-AM402
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel marine amplifier
- 25A ATO fuse (installed)
- 4 Stainless self-tapping screws (Length=3/4")
- User/Installation Manual
- Warranty booklet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fusion MS-AM402
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||65 x 2|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40Hz-160Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40Hz-600Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Marine Amplifier: The Fusion MS-AM402 is a two-channel marine amplifier. Its rugged, water-resistant outer shell and conformal-coated PCB circuit board protects it against the harsh marine environment.
Class-AB Amplifier Technology: The MS-AM402 features a Class-AB design to give you clean, powerful amplification of the input signal. The power output specifications of the amp are as follows:
- At 14.4 Volts input power:
- 65 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4Ω
- 100 watts RMS x 2 channels at 2Ω
- 200 watts RMS x 1 channel at 4Ω bridged
- At 12.5 Volts input power:
- 50 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4Ω
- 96 watts RMS x 2 channels at 2Ω
- 160 watts RMS x 1 channel at 4Ω bridged
Inputs and Outputs: The Fusion MS-AM402 amplifier has marine-grade, nickel-plated RCA inputs and outputs, as well as stainless components that improve signal flow for optimum output. The amplifier's connections include:
- Low-Level Inputs: The amp features stereo RCA inputs to connect your marine audio source.
- Low-Level Outputs: A pair of RCA outputs let you feed the input signal to a second amplifier. This is a pass-through connection from the RCA input connector, and is not affected by any built-in crossovers.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp features 4 set-screw connections for left and right speakers. The terminals will accept up to 8-gauge wire. A 3mm Allen wrench (not included) is required to tighten/loosen the set screws.
Power Connections: The MS-AM402 features nickel-plated set screw terminals for power, ground, and remote turn-on. The power (+12V) and ground (GND) terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wires, and require a 4mm Allen wrench (not included) to tighten/loosen the set screws. The remote turn-on terminal will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The recommended power and ground cable is based on the total amperage of the amplifier and the length of cable needed from the battery to the amplifier. With a built-in 25A fuse, the recommended cable gauge is as follows:
- 0-4 feet: 12 AWG
- 4-7 feet: 10 AWG
- 7-13 feet: 8 AWG
- 13-22 feet: 6 AWG
- 22-28 feet: 4 AWG
Controls: The Fusion MS-AM402 provides the following controls on the left side of the amplifier:
- Crossover Selector: This 3-way slide switch lets you select the configuration of the built-in crossover. You can choose LP (low-pass), HP (high-pass), or Off.
- Low Pass (LP): The low pass filter is continuously variable from 40 Hz to 160 Hz with a slope of 18dB/octave. This and other rotary controls require a flat-head screwdriver (not included) to make the adjustments.
- High Pass (HP): The high pass filter is continuously variable from 40 Hz to 600 Hz, with a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Bass Boost: You can increase the bass output, centered at 45 Hz, from 0 to +18dB using the rotary control.
- Subsonic: The subsonic filter eliminates all of the sub-bass frequencies below the set frequency. This rotary control is variable from 20 Hz to 55 Hz, with a slope of 18dB/octave.
- Level: The rotary level control lets you match the head unit to the amplifier. The input sensitivity can be set between 0.3V and 8V, using the rotary control.
The Fusion MS-AM402 replaces these items
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?