About the Fusion MS-AM702
Multiple zones, minimal space
Multiple zones, minimal space
Multi-zone audio is a marvelous thing anywhere you are, but creating a multi-zone system on some boats can be a challenge because of space limitations. Fusion designed the MS-AM702 amplifier for multi-zone marine applications, so this 2-channel workhorse takes up minimal space.
The MS-AM702 accepts a line-level signal from your marine receiver, and delivers 20 watts continuous power per channel to the speakers in the zone. This rugged amp features a variable high-pass filter, so you can remove extreme low bass to protect smaller speakers or set up your system to work better with a marine subwoofer. A set of RCA outputs allows you to send the signal to the amp in the next zone.
Thanks to the high-efficiency Class D design, you can mount this compact amp in all sorts of out-of-the-way places, like a storage locker, console, or other tight spot. Because it's going to be out of sight in most installations, Fusion included an audio-detect feature that turns the amp on automatically when you're playing music and goes to sleep when you're done.
A conformal-coated PCB and water-resistant design ensure that this marine-rated amp will stand up to conditions that turn lesser electronics into ballast. As part of Fusion's True Marine line, the MS-AM702 is backed by a 3-year warranty.
- 2-channel marine multi-zone amplifier
- 20 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (33 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- stable at 2 ohms
- compact Class D design
- stereo RCA inputs and outputs
- variable high-pass filter (60-600 Hz)
- audio-detect function
- conformal-coated PCB circuit board
- rugged water-resistant outer shell
- dimensions: 4-7/8"W x 3-1/8"D x 2"H
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MS-AM702
What's in the box:
- Marine zone amplifier
- 2 Screws
- User/Installation Manual
- Warranty Information
More details on the Fusion MS-AM702
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||20 x 2|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||N/A|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||84 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||70 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||33 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||60-600 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Marine Zone Amplifier: The Fusion MS-AM702 is a marine zone amplifier that when combined with a Fusion Marine Stereo Unit (sold separately) provides the platform for a multi-zone audio system. This compact amplifier is perfect for adding multi-zone audio through your vessel. Its small, compact design enables discrete installation in your boat.
Water Resistant Design: The Fusion MS-AM702 utilizes rugged water-resistant outer shell and conformal-coated PCB circuit board to protect it against the harsh marine environment.
Class-D Amplifier Technology: The Fusion MS-AM702 marine amplifier deliver high output efficiency and low battery drain through the latest Class-D amplifier technology.
Stereo Amplifier: The Fusion marine amplifier is rated at 20 watts x 2 channel in 4Ω and 33 watts x 2 channel in 2Ω. The marine zone amplifier requires a minimum impedance of 2Ω stereo (per channel) to operate trouble free.
Note: This amplifier cannot be bridged and cannot operate in a mono configuration.
Inputs & Outputs: The Fusion MS-AM702 marine amplifier is fitted with low-level (RCA) inputs, low-level (RCA) outputs, and speaker-level outputs.
- Low-Level Inputs: The MS-AM702 features stereo RCA inputs to connect your marine audio source. These stereo RCA inputs jacks are connected to the amplifier by a 7" pigtail.
- Low-Level Outputs: You can use MS-AM702's stereo RCA outputs to connect (daisy-chain) to a second amplifier. Audio signal output from the amplifier's stereo RCA output is the same as the amp's input audio signal. These stereo RCA outputs jacks are connected to the amplifier by a 7" pigtail.
- Speaker Outputs: The marine amp features attached 15" speaker wire leads to connect to your vessel's speakers and speaker wire. Speaker wire leads include Left + (White), Left - (White/black), Right + (Gray), and Right - (Gray/black)
Controls: The Fusion marine amplifier provides Level and High Pass Filter (HPF) control. The controls are located on the top-panel below a removable clear plastic panel. Six screws need to be removed to access controls.
- Level: The Level control provides overall adjustment between the amplifier's input signal and your marine head unit's output signal.
- Selectable High Pass/Full-Range: The marine amp can be configured for High-Pass or Full-Range. There is no low-pass crossover.
- Variable High Pass Filter: When the HPF is selected, you can fine tune the high pass crossover's filter frequency from 60 to 600Hz.
Auto On/ Off + Remote Turn-On: The Fusion MS-AM702 offers Auto On/Off and Remote Turn-On.
- Auto On/Off: The Auto On/Off switch allows an easy solution if a Remote wire cannot be used. When "ON" is selected the amplifier will turn on when an audio signal is detected from the source, when no signal is present the amplifier will automatically shut down after 1 minute.
- Remote Turn-On: This wire must be connected to a switched +12V source, if the "Auto On/Off " switch is located in the Off position. Typically, remote turn-on leads are provided at the head unit which will turn the amplifier on/off in correspondence with the source. If the head unit does not have a remote turn-on lead then a switched +12V supply can be used, like the ACC +12V or alternatively turn the "Auto On/Off " switch to the ON position.
Power/Ground/Turn-On: The Fusion marine amplifier features 17" attached Constant Power (Yellow), Ground (Black), and Remote Turn-On (Blue) leads.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked