About the Fusion MS-AP12000
Fusion Apollo system
Fusion Apollo system
The Fusion MS-AP12000 marine amplifier is part of Fusion's Apollo Marine Entertainment System — a complete high-fidelity audio chain, from source through power to speakers, with no weak links. Apollo Series receivers, amps, and speakers are all designed to work together — so, for instance, this Apollo Series amplifier doesn't need any complicated onboard controls because everything's done through Fusion's Easy Tune software.
Using the Fusion-Link™ app on your compatible smartphone, you select the Apollo Series amp, speakers, and subwoofers you're using, and the DSP receiver will produce a fine-tuned signal dialed-in for optimum amp gain, crossover, and tone control settings. You can even choose different sound profiles for enclosed cabins, a helm area, or the open deck. You'll get perfect sound every time everywhere.
Power for your Fusion Apollo system
The Fusion Apollo MS-AP12000 mono subwoofer amplifier puts out up to 1100 watts RMS, providing the muscle your bass deserves on your boat. Efficient Class-D amp design ensures maximum power output with minimum drain on the battery system.
Made for life afloat
The amplifier's power is ignition-protected with an intelligent electronic fuse to prevent damage in case of an electrical fault. The weather-resistant, IPX2-rated (splash-proof) chassis, powder-coated aluminum finish, and conformal-coated circuit boards help Fusion's True-Marine™ Design amplifier survive harsh marine environments.
Apollo amp connection panel (6-channel model shown)
- mono marine subwoofer amplifier for a Fusion Apollo DSP stereo system
- 650 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 1100 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D design
- no onboard power or audio controls
- mounting bracket included
- weather-resistant: IPX2-rated chassis and conformal-coated circuit boards
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 125A x 1
- dimensions (with mounting bracket): 9-5/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 7-1/4"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02284-10
What's in the box:
- Monoblock marine amplifier
- Power/ground/remote terminal block
- Speaker terminal block
- Mounting bracket w/attached locking-wedge
- 4 Screw caps
- Four 1" screws
- Four 1-1/2" counter-sunk screws
- Installation instructions
- Mounting template
- Safety & Product information
- Equipment usage warning
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fusion MS-AP12000
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||650 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||67 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1100 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||---|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||---|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||---|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||---|
|Bass Boost Frequency||---|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Fusion MS-AP12000 Apollo Series monoblock marine amplifier is designed specifically to be used with select Fusion DSP-enabled marine receivers and speakers. The amplifier can output an impressive 650-watts RMS @4Ω and 1100-watts RMS @2Ω, for bass you can feel as well as hear. The amp's conformal-coated PCB (printed circuit board) protects it against the harsh marine environment, while its powder-coated aluminum chassis has been tested against salt fog, temperature, vibration, and UV-light. The Fusion MS-AP12000 monoblock marine amplifier carries an IPX2 waterproof rating.
Note: The Fusion MS-AP12000 marine amplifier can only be used with select Fusion DSP-enabled marine stereos and Fusion marine speakers.
Compatibility: The Fusion MS-AP12000 marine amplifier is designed specifically for use with select Fusion DSP-enabled marine radios, such as the Apollo RA670, RA770, WB670, and MS-RA210, along Fusion marine speakers, found here.
Class-D Amplifier Technology: The MS-AP12000 features a high efficiency Class-D design with these output specifications (14.4 volt power supply, <1% THD+N):
- 4Ω: 650 watts RMS x 1
- 2Ω: 1100 watts RMS x 1
- Signal to Noise Ratio (@ Rated Power): 67.5dB (4Ω)
Fusion DSP: Designed for use with select Fusion DSP-equipped marine headunits and speakers, the Fusion-Link app, available for iOS and Android devices, lets you quickly and easily optimize your Fusion sound system. Fusion DSP uses environmental and headunit information, along with customized Fusion speaker profiles to tune your system for premium audio reproduction.
Note: The Fusion MS-AP12000 marine amplifier has no manual setup controls.
Protection Circuitry: The amp is equipped with a built-in circuitry to keep it operating safely. The circuitry protects against overheating (thermal), reversed power polarity, over/under voltage, and short circuited output conditions.
- RCA Inputs: 1 Mono RCA connection.
- Speaker Outputs: A single terminal block connector with set-screw terminals will accept up to 10-gauge wire.
- Power/Ground/Remote Turn-on: A single terminal block with set-screw terminals can accept up to 1/0-gauge wire for power and ground (4-gauge is recommended for wire runs 20' or less). The remote turn-on set-screw terminal can accept up to 10-gauge wire.
- Fuse: 125A internal electronic breaker.
LED Indicator: A top-panel LED can light to indicate the following:
- Green: Unit is powered on and functioning nominally.
- Orange (Recoverable Fault): The LED will light Orange if it detects a "recoverable" fault, such as under- or over-voltage, power/ground wire gauge issue (too small), or the amp is over heating. The amp will automatically try to recover from this type of fault. If multiple attempts are unsuccessful, the amp will switch to a "critical fault" status (Red LED).
- Red (Critical Fault): The LED will light red if it goes into a "critical fault" mode. This can be caused by repeated over- or under-current faults, prolonged over-temperature, incorrect DSP equipment selection in the Fusion-Link app, high volume issue (distortion), speaker or speaker wire fault, internal power supply fault. The critical fault mode will require the amp to be powered off, the problem remedied, and powered back on again.
Mounting: The MS-AP12000 marine amplifier includes a mounting bracket designed to mount the amp vertically to a cabin wall or console. Once the mounting bracket is installed on the wall, the amp is slid downward onto the bracket snapping into place. A locking-wedge is attached to the top of the bracket, keeping the amp from being removed without first removing the locking-wedge.