About the Fusion AP-DA214
Fusion Apollo system
Fusion Apollo system
The Fusion MS-AP-DA214 marine amplifier is part of Fusion's Apollo Marine Entertainment System — a complete high-fidelity audio chain, from source through power to speakers, with no weak links. Apollo Series receivers, amps, and speakers are all designed to work together — so, for instance, this Apollo Series amplifier doesn't need any complicated onboard controls because everything's done through Fusion's Easy Tune software.
Using the Fusion-Link™ app on your compatible smartphone, you select the Apollo Series amp and speakers you're using, and the DSP receiver will produce a fine-tuned signal dialed-in for optimum amp gain, crossover, and tone control settings. You can even choose different sound profiles for enclosed cabins, a helm area, or the open deck. You'll get perfect sound every time everywhere.
Zone power for your Fusion Apollo system
The Fusion Apollo AP-DA214 two-channel zone amplifier puts out 20 watts RMS per channel, providing the coverage your music deserves in a small space in your boat like a berth or cabin. Efficient Class-D amp design ensures maximum power output with minimum drain on the battery system.
Made for life afloat
The amplifier's power is ignition-protected with an intelligent electronic fuse to prevent damage in case of an electrical fault. The weather-resistant, IPX2-rated (splash-proof) chassis, powder-coated aluminum finish, and conformal-coated circuit boards help Fusion's True-Marine™ Design amplifier survive harsh marine environments.
Amp connections are made with a proprietary plug
- 2-channel zone marine amplifier for a Fusion Apollo DSP stereo system
- 20 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 30 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D design
- no onboard power or audio controls
- mounting bracket included
- weather-resistant: IPX7-rated chassis and conformal-coated circuit boards
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 16-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 16A x 1
- dimensions (with mounting bracket): 4"W x 1-15/16"H x 4-9/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02569-00
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel marine zone amplifier
- 10" 16-Pin wire harness
- Mounting bracket
- Three 1" screws
- Installation instructions
- Safety & Product information
- Equipment usage warning
Fusion AP-DA214 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fusion AP-DA214
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||20 x 2|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||---|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||30 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||---|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||---|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||---|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||---|
|Bass Boost Frequency||---|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Fusion AP-DA214 Apollo Series two-channel zone marine amplifier is designed specifically to be used with select Fusion DSP-enabled marine receivers and speakers. The AP-DA214 lets you add an additional 2 channels of amplified sound to your water craft. The amp's conformal-coated PCB (printed circuit board) protects it against the harsh marine environment, while its powder-coated aluminum chassis has been tested against salt fog, temperature, vibration, and UV-light. The Fusion AP-DA214 marine amplifier carries an IPX7 waterproof rating.
Note: The Fusion AP-DA214 marine amplifier can only be used with select Fusion DSP-enabled marine stereos and Fusion marine speakers.
Compatibility: The Fusion AP-DA214 marine amplifier is designed specifically for use with select Fusion DSP-enabled marine radios, such as the Apollo RA670, RA770, WB670, and MS-RA210, along Fusion marine speakers, found here.
Class-D Amplifier Technology: The AP-DA214 features a high efficiency Class-D design with these output specifications (14.4 volt power supply, <1% THD+N):
- 4Ω: 20 watts RMS x 2
- 2Ω: 30 watts RMS x 2
- Signal to Noise Ratio:
- @ Rated Power: 99dB (4Ω)
- @ 1 Watt: 86dB (4Ω)
Fusion DSP: Designed for use with select Fusion DSP-equipped marine headunits and speakers, the Fusion-Link app, available for iOS and Android devices, lets you quickly and easily optimize your Fusion sound system. Fusion DSP uses environmental and headunit information, along with customized Fusion speaker profiles to tune your system for premium audio reproduction.
Note: The Fusion AP-DA214 marine amplifier has no manual setup controls.
Protection Circuitry: The amp is equipped with a built-in circuitry to keep it operating safely. The circuitry protects against overheating (thermal), reversed power polarity, over/under voltage, and short circuited output conditions.
Connections: All of the Fusion amplifier's connections are on a removable 16-pin harness:
- RCA Inputs: One pair of stereo RCA inputs.
- Speaker Outputs: Two pairs of 18-gauge wires provide the Left and Right outputs.
- Power/Ground: A 16-gauge wire is provided for each connection. The amp can be connected to 12VDC or 24VDC electrical systems.
- Remote Turn-on: An 18-gauge wire is used to activate the amplifier.
- Fuse: 16A internal electronic breaker.
LED Indicator: A top-panel LED can light to indicate the following:
- Green: Unit is powered on and functioning nominally.
- Orange (Recoverable Fault): The LED will light Orange if it detects a "recoverable" fault, such as under- or over-voltage, power/ground wire gauge issue (too small), or the amp is over heating. The amp will automatically try to recover from this type of fault. If multiple attempts are unsuccessful, the amp will switch to a "critical fault" status (Red LED).
- Red (Critical Fault): The LED will light red if it goes into a "critical fault" mode. This can be caused by repeated over- or under-current operation faults, prolonged over-temperature, incorrect DSP equipment selection in the Fusion-Link app, high volume issue (distortion), speaker or speaker wire fault, internal power supply fault. The critical fault mode will require the amp to be powered off, the problem remedied, and powered back on again.
Mounting: The AP-DA214 marine amplifier includes a mounting bracket designed to mount the amp vertically to a cabin wall or console. Once the mounting bracket is installed on the wall, the amp is slid downward onto the bracket snapping it into place.
1 question already asked