About the Fusion MS-AV755
A high-tech entertainment hub
A high-tech entertainment hub
Okay, so you can't play vinyl records on Fusion's MS-AV755 DVD receiver. But when you see at all the things you can do with this remarkable marine receiver, you'll be totally okay with leaving your record collection at home.
The MS-AV755 serves as the hub of your boat's entertainment and information system. Hidden behind the water-resistant fold-down face, the shockproof DVD player is ready to play your disc-based music and video. You'll even find an HDMI video output that allows you to send high-quality picture and sound to a compatible monitor on your boat.
Connectivity and communication
The MS-AV755 can handle all your entertainment and communications needs when you're out on the water. It works with a wide variety of wired and wireless devices, plus you can connect this highly-advanced DVD receiver to your NMEA 2000 network and communicate with any Fusion-Link™ certified Multi-Function Displays or Fusion NMEA 2000-certified wired remote controls (connectors sold separately). An internal software switch allows you to choose between NMEA or "traditional" receiver functionality.
This receiver sports built-in Bluetooth® connectivity, so you can stream music wirelessly using your Apple® or Android smartphone and see track information on the color screen. It supports iPod® or iPhone® audio and you can even enjoy Pandora control with “Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down” voting capability. The large rotary encoder handles most controls, while the color LCD screen lets you see what's playing. You'll also see album art and other graphics on your phone when you use the Fusion-Link app.
Even cooler — built-in ANT connectivity allows you to control the MS-AV755 with your Garmin smart watch.
Enjoy SiriusXM while you're riding the waves
If you love satellite radio, you can connect a SiriusXM tuner (subscription required) to enjoy music, sports, entertainment, news, and essential weather-related content when you're many miles offshore. And If you store your entertainment library on a USB thumb drive or portable device, the MS-AV755 has the inputs you need to get connected and get crankin'.
Four-zone control of your music
With Fusion's innovative Zone Control, you can adjust the volume in up to four distinct zones -- a great feature for larger vessels or tour boats. And no matter which type of device you have, you can install a Fusion MS-UNIDOCK along with your MS-AV755 and keep the device charged and protected while you're riding the waves.
A smart design that's built to last
Fusion designed the MS-AV755 to be tough enough for marine duty, but also for ease of use. The fully-sealed aluminum chassis serves as a solid foundation, while the face and switchgear are IPX5 water-resistant. Designed specifically for the rigors of the marine environment, this receiver is backed by the Fusion True Marine™ 3-year warranty.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
NMEA 2000 note: To learn more about NMEA 2000 connectivity, check out our article explaining nautical networking.
- marine DVD receiver with built-in amplifier (26 watts RMS/70 peak x 4 channels)
- use Zone Control to raise or lower volume in one zone or all four
- works with iPod/iPhone, plus Android and Windows phones
- efficient Class D amplifier technology conserves battery power
- built-in amp powers Zones 1 and 2
- Pandora control with "Thumbs up/Thumbs down"
- AM/FM tuner, DVD/CD player
- IPX5 water-resistant, front and rear
- 2.7" bonded glass color display
- plays MP3, M4A, and FLAC files
- remote control
- works with Fusion-Link™ certified MFDs or Fusion NMEA 2000-certified wired remote controls
- plugs into your existing NMEA 2000 network
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB port; two stereo AUX inputs
- outputs: HDMI output; 4-zone audio (stereo pre-outs and sub-out for each zone)
Other Features and Specs:
- compatible with the Fusion Uni-Dock
- can be controlled with a Garmin smart watch
- mounting hardware included
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01881-00
What's in the box:
- Marine DVD receiver
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Male mono-RCA to female stereo-RCA splitter
- Front-panel cover
- 2 Brackets
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 4 Machine screws
- Foam gasket
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Instructions
- Important Safety/Product Information
- Mounting Template
- Important Product Notes
Fusion MS-AV755 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fusion MS-AV755
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||26 watts|
|Peak Output||70 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||3 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, AAC, FLAC|
Marine Certified: The Fusion MS-AV755 is designed and engineered specifically for use on the water, so it complies with IPx5 water resistant standards.
- Optically Bonded Full-Color LCD: The Fusion MS-AV755 employs a widescreen, full-color LCD display that is optically bonded to improve durability and optimized for daylight viewing.
- Glass-Filled Composite Chassis: Structurally rigid and incredibly lightweight, the unit's glass-filled composite chassis improves environmental protection and electrically isolates the chassis for complete reliability.
Note: This marine receiver pulls 150mA of current when in standby mode.
Easy-To-Use: The MS-AV755 offers quick and intuitive audio control. All operations are controlled through the large rotary encoder and soft push-buttons, ensuring the Fusion MS-AV755's user interface is simple and easy to use. Information and text is easily readable, even under direct sunlight on the optically bonded color LCD screen. The MS-AV755 has adjustable contrast and brightness for optimum viewing.
Note: The LCD screen shuts down automatically after approximately 30 seconds of inactivity to reduce battery drain; press any key on the unit to restore the display.
Fusion-Link Wired Control: The MS-AV755 offers direct stereo control from a compatible Multi-Function Display (MFD) or NRX Series wired remote control when utilizing an existing NMEA 2000 or Ethernet network.
- Optional Wired Remote Control: Install a MS-NRX300 Wired Remote (917NRX300, sold separately) in each of the independent audio zones of your vessel, for localized zone volume level and global source control. Control each audio zone independently from multiple remotes connected to your Fusion MS-AV755 marine stereo, or manage the entire entertainment experience from a single remote control. Up to 3 MS-NRX300 wired remotes can be connected to the MS-AV755.
- Fusion-Link via NMEA2000: The MS-AV755 marine stereo supports Fusion-link via a NMEA2000 network. Fusion-Link is the industry standard for entertainment integration onboard the worlds most respected boating brands, developed by Fusion Electronics and supported by leading marine electronics manufacturers. Fusion-Link allows a certified Multi-Function Display (MFD) the ability to integrate with, and utilize Fusion's specialized entertainment functionality, creating a centralized control station for the entire vessel and a more user-friendly experience.
Wireless App Control: The MS-AV755 marine stereo offers wireless control from your Apple iOS, Android OS, or Garmin watch device through free downloadable apps.
- Fusion-Link Remote App: Once downloaded, the Fusion-Link Remote Control App (for Apple iOS 6.0+ and Android 2.2+) will allow navigation of all music sources, independent audio zones, and multiple Fusion Entertainment Systems connected to the same NMEA2000 network or via Bluetooth from your Apple iOS or Android device. Navigate albums, artists and playlists with the same ease as navigation of the Fusion marine interface, iPod and iPhone Album art is even displayed on screen.
- Fusion-Link Lite App: Download the free Fusion-Link Lite app from the Connect IQ Store to enable wireless control via ANT technology from a compatible Garmin watch (sold separately).
Disc Compatibility: The Fusion MS-AV755 features a disc slot located behind its fold-down front-panel. The MS-AV755 supports playback of CD-Audio, CD-R/RW (MP3 only), and DVD-video discs. The unit offers built-in electronic skip protection for disc playback.
Note: The unit's color LCD does not offer video playback. DVD video will be played back through the unit's HDMI output to an external monitor (sold separately).
USB Port: The MS-AV755 features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a variety of USB-enabled devices; like Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad (see section below for details), Android smartphone/tablets (see section below for details), and USB thumbdrives. The supports playback of MP3, AAC, and FLAC, music files loaded onto a USB mass storage class device, like your USB thumbdrive. Purchase Fusion's MS-CBUSBFM1 USB extension cable (917USBFM1, sold separately) for easier access to the unit's USB port.
Dual Stereo Inputs: Fusion's MS-AV755 marine stereo is fitted with two rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary inputs for connecting external audio devices, other than an iPod/iPhone or Android device. The stereo Aux inputs allow for a wide range of input levels thanks to its adjustable input gain (-9 to +9 dB).
MSC & MTP Compliant (Android Compatible): The Fusion MS-AV755's rear-panel port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) or USB Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) compliant device; such as your Android smartphone or USB thumbdrive. The USB ports enable audio playback & control of a variety of audio files (up to 300 tracks in each folder) stored on your portable USB MSC/MTP devices through the Fusion MS-AV755. Playback controls include Music Library Browsing (MTP only), Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track. Song/artist information such as song title artist name, and album art will also be displayed on the head unit; as well as any album art. In addition, USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the marine receiver's USB port (1A) and the watercraft's ignition switch is set to On.
- MSC Playback: The Fusion MS-AV755's USB ports enable playback & control of MP3, AAC, and FLAC music files stored on your portable USB MSC device, like a USB thumbdrive device (up to 32GB) through the head unit. Your USB MSC device must be formatted in FAT 32 or NTFS.
- MTP Playback: The MS-AV755's USB ports also enable playback & control of stored MP3 and AAC music files on your portable USB MTP device, like your newer Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone through the Fusion head unit. Music files must be located in a folder using one of the following names - My Music, My_Music, mobile, or Music. You cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
Made For iPod/iPhone: The Fusion MS-AV755 marine stereo's rear-panel USB port can also be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone. The MS-AV755 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- Music Browsing: The MS-AV755's fully integrated iPod/iPhone user interface provides music browsing by Album, Artist, Song, and Playlist. You can browse these categories alphabetically or numerically. Basic playback functions include Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen, while older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: The unit's full-color LCD provides song, artist, and album art; as well a track number and elapsed playback time.
- Battery Charging: The marine receiver's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vessel's ignition switch is set to the 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Fusion MS-AV755 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/6/2017):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Audio||Phone|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available
Pandora Internet Radio: The Fusion MS-AV755 marine receiver lets you playback and control the Pandora music app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.0+) that is being streamed to your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone device. The MS-AV755 will also display artist name, song title, and album art provided by the Pandora app on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Your iPhone will need to be connected to the receiver's USB port, while your Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone must be connected via Bluetooth to the MS-AV755 (no hard-wired connection required. Your Android smartphone must also support A2DP, AVRCP, and SPP Bluetooth profiles. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G) or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account. The Fusion MS-AV755 provides the following control over the Pandora music service streamed to your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Fusion MS-AV755 is SiriusXM Ready, so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the head unit and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 175 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features include -
- Channel & Category Lists: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories.
- Song/Artist Information: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the unit's LCD.
- Presets: You can store up to 15 SiriusXM Satellite Radio preset stations for easy recall.
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The MS-AV755 marine stereo features a built-in AM/FM radio that offers manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 15 FM station presets and 15 AM station presets. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can also select between US and European tuning.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The MS-AV755 features built-in Bluetooth (3.0) and wirelessly streams stored music and music apps from practically any Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP capable device (including Apple iOS & Android devices) directly to the paired Fusion MS-AV755 marine stereo. With an effective range of 10 Mtrs (33ft), you can enjoy seamless streaming of your favorite audio tracks without having to return to the stereo to change tracks. Effective range measured in a straight line, range will differ depending on placement of the Bluetooth module and obstructions.
- Music Control: The MS-AV755 allows you to control basic playback functions of your streaming music from its front-panel control or optional wired remote control (sold separately). Playback functions include Play, Pause, Previous Track, and Next Track.
- Song/Artist Display: The MS-U650 lets you view song/artist information from the Fusion marine stereo's LCD screen or optional wired remote control (sold separately).
Note: The MS-AV755 only supports wireless audio streaming and does not offer any type of wireless hands-free phone communication.
IR Remote: You can use the included infrared (IR) remote control to wirelessly operate the MS-AV755. The remote provides Power On/Off, Playback, and Volume Up/Down (mute) commands; as well as allows you to access the unit's menu and make menu selections.
Optional ANT Wireless Remote: The Fusion ARX Remote (MS-ARX70, sold separately) is an ANT wireless stereo remote. ANT is an ultra-low-power (ULP) wireless networking protocol operating in the 2.4GHz band with a wireless range of 33'. Able to interface with the Fusion MS-AV755, the ARX Remote can control localized volume and global source selection in up to four audio zones.
Class D Amplifier: The Fusion MS-AV755 is equipped with a 26 watt RMS (70W Peak) x 4 channel stereo Class D amplifier for driving two pair of full-range marine speakers. Amplifier components are optimally configured for the side-fin aluminum heat sink, producing greater thermal efficiency
3V/3Ch Pre-Outs Per Zone (1-2-3-4): The Fusion MS-AV755 features 3V/3ch pre-outs for each Zone (1-2-3-4). Each set of 3ch pre-outs include stereo left/right channels and a mono-sub channel. You can set the head unit's low-pass sub pre-out filter to 55, 85, 120, or 160Hz for the mono-sub channel. You can also adjust the output level of the unit's sub pre-outs independently from the receiver's overall volume control.
Audio Controls: You can adjust the marine receiver's bass, mid, & treble from -12 to +12. You can also balance the sound from left to right. In addition, you can set the head unit's maximum volume limit for all three Zones.
Multi-Zone Technology: The MS-AV755 marine stereo features multi-zone technology which enables four audio Zones with independent volume control from the system's built-in amplifier and pre-outs. Each audio Zone will play the same source, but offers independent volume control of each Zone. You can set the balance, volume limit, subwoofer level, and name for each of the zones. When using the MS-AV755's built-in amplifier, up to two pairs of speakers can be connected per zone in parallel to increase the amplifier output. When using the unit's pre-outs, you will need an additional amplifier in that zone.
HDMI ARC Output: The MS-AV755 marine stereo features an HDMI 1.4 output to send DVD video to an external monitor (sold separately), up to 480i. The Audio Return Channel (ARC) of the HDMI output enables you to play the audio from the television through the MS-AV755 marine stereo and your marine audio speaker system. ARC eliminates the need to connect a separate audio cable from the HDMI television to the marine stereo. Your external monitor's HDMI input must also support ARC.
Bulkhead Mount: The MS-AV755 requires a rectangular cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. The marine receiver has a shallow mounting depth, perfect for space conscious installation on small boats and personal watercraft, where this is especially crucial. Four screws (supplied) fasten the faceplate against the mounting surface, and hold the waterproof gasket against the bulkhead. A paper template is supplied to assist you with the cutout and drilling the screw holes.
- Cutout Width = 7.125"
- Cutout Height = 2.125"
- Cutout Depth = 7.875"
- Nose Width = 8.5625"
- Nose Height = 3.125"
- Nose Depth = 1.375"
Note: The screw holes are spaced 7.6875" (w) x " 2.5625 (h) apart.
Hinged Door: Because of its folding-face plate to access the disc slot , there needs to be at least 0.625" of space left below the unit's front-panel and 3.5" of space in front of the front-panel in order to allow the hinged door to open.
Mounting Angle: You can install the unit within 45° of horizontal.
The Fusion MS-AV755 replaces these items
3 questions already asked