About the Fusion SG-FL88SP
Big, beautiful performance
Big, beautiful performance
Fusion's stylish SG-FL88SP speakers combine beauty and brawn, with power handling up to 130 watts RMS and switchable blue/white LEDs that add an attractive glow to your nighttime cruises. Designed by people who love both music and boating, these 8.8" speakers undergo rigorous testing to ensure that they're ready to rock, even in the extremes of a marine environment. They're available in Chrome or White, to match the style of most any vessel.
CURV cone technology
These rugged speakers feature Fusion's unique CURV cones, a woven composite fiber that's heat-pressed into a light, super-strong shape. The result is a cone that delivers great sound and stands up to life on the water. These speakers also offer treated silk dome tweeters, heavy magnets, and brawny voice coils, plus sealed componentry and stylish grilles that will blend into any boat's decor. Oh, and they sound great, too.
Built to last
A boat can be a rough place for speakers. Heat, humidity, salt, spray, and high-pressure hose-downs at the dock can shorten the life of any speaker that's not built for life on the water. Fusion's Signature Series marine speakers meet the toughest standards for UV stability and salt/fog resistance. As part of the Fusion True Marine™ line, these Signature Series speakers are even backed by a 3-year warranty.
- 8.8" 2-way marine speakers (pair)
- specially formed CURV woven fiber cone
- treated silk dome tweeter
- built-in tweeter protection
- built-in switchable blue/white LEDs
- UV-resistant white grilles
- sealed, water-resistant construction
- complies with ASTM standards for UV stability (ASTM-D4329) and salt/fog resistance (ASTM-B117)
- handles up to 130 watts RMS (330 watts peak power)
- power range: 50-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- mounting depth: 4-3/16"
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01826-00
What's in the box:
- Two 2-way Marine speakers
- 2 White fixed grilles
- 2 Foam gaskets
- Two 20' Lengths of speaker wire (each has female quick-slides on one end and tinned bare wire on the other)
- Two 20' Lengths of LED power wire (each has tinned bare wire on both ends)
- Twelve 1-1/2" Stainless steel screws
- 2mm Allen wrench
- 8 Allen head set screws (4 installed/4 extra)
- Installation instructions (English/ French/ Italian/ German/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ Dutch)
- Safety and Product information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fusion SG-FL88SP
Features & specs
|Woofer Composition||Polypropylene/Woven Fiber Comp|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
91 dB at 1 watt |
|Frequency Response||50 - 20k Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||130|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||330|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||4 1/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||7 5/16|
True Marine: Fusion describes these speakers as True Marine Accredited, meaning they are designed specifically for the marine environment and backed by Fusion's 3 year warranty. The speakers are tested to ensure they meet or surpass IP65 (waterproof and dustproof on the front of the speakers), UV stability, and salt/fog resistance standards. The tweeter housing, crossover, and magnet are all sealed.
Curv Woofer Cone: CURV technology incorporates a polypropylene/woven fiber composite, heat pressed to form a lighter and stronger cone. This improves sound definition and increases output, along with creating better resistance to the marine environment.
Grilles: The grilles are not designed to be removed. The tweeters are mounted to the grilles.
Stainless Steel Hardware: The provided mounting screws are stainless steel.
Compass Safe Distance: The minimum distance the speakers should be mounted from a compass to avoid any interference is listed in the manual. (Approximately 5⅞' from the sides and 13½' from the front and rear of the speakers.)
LEDs: There are LEDs in the back of the tweeter casing, to create a glow on the woofer cone. Depending on the polarity of the power wiring, the LEDs light blue or white. A 12 volt power supply is needed to turn the LEDs on; the set screw terminals will accept up to 14 gauge wire. Fusion recommends a 3-amp fuse in the power wire.
Enclosure: Enclosure recommendations are given in the installation manual (an enclosure is not necessary, the speakers will operate in free-air):
- Sealed: 0.78 ft³
- Ported: 1.23 ft³ (with a 3" diameter 6.7" long port tube)