About the Fusion MS-RA210
Equip the ship
Equip the ship
Adding fun to your vessel is as simple as installing Fusion's MS-RA210 digital media receiver as the source for all your media. Fusion packs cutting-edge technology and marine-ready toughness into one compact package with a 2.7” LCD color display. With a beautiful one-piece glass display, multiple source options, and Fusion's advanced digital signal processing (DSP), this is all you need to rock out on the water.
The ease of an app
Fusion-Link is the industry standard protocol for marine audio integration and control. This free app lets you control your entertainment directly from marine multi-function displays, compatible Apple or Android devices, and Garmin watches. You can choose from multiple control options and adjust your audio from wherever you are on your boat.
The DSP difference
Fusion-Link also lets you control the receiver's digital signal processing settings. The Fusion DSP's feed-forward limiter anticipates peaks in the audio and automatically adjusts the gain, so you can enjoy full-range audio at every volume level without distortion. You can also customize this multi-zone receiver's sound settings to suit your Fusion speakers or adjust the settings to maximize performance in any area of your boat.
So many sources
This Fusion receiver is all about options. Pick your favorites or use 'em all... There's AM/FM radio, Bluetooth®, AUX and USB inputs, and with the addition of an optional tuner, SiriusXM programming (subscription required).
Create two zones
Fusion lets you control the sound in two independent audio zones, so you can create a custom experience all around your boat. Each localized menu lets you control volume limits, zone naming, zone disabling, and more. All line-outs will require additional amplification, so talk to a Crutchfield Advisor for more information about building a system.
Marine-rated for boat life
The MS-RA210's front panel is IPX6- and IPX7-rated for water resistance, and it's also proven to stand up against salt fog, temperature, vibration, and damaging UV rays.
- marine digital media receiver with built-in Bluetooth music streaming
- 2.7" glass LCD color display
- built-in Fusion DSP optimizes sound quality at all listening levels
- feed-forward limiter anticipates peaks in the audio
- multi-zone control lets you tune two audio zones
- efficient Class D amplifier technology conserves battery power
- AM/FM tuner
- IPX6 and IPX7 water-resistant face
- works with FUSION-Link app
- plugs into your existing NMEA 2000 network
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB port and AUX input
- outputs: left, right, and sub 3-volt preamp outputs for each zone
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier: 25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- can be controlled with a Garmin smart watch
- firmware updates available via USB
- versatile mounting hardware included
- mounting depth: 4-1/8"
- cutout: 5.3125"W x 2.0625"H
- nose width: 6.0625"
- nose height: 2.75"
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02250-00
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Aux/Preout harness
- 70" NMEA2000 cable
- Mounting gasket
- 4 Screws
- 2 Screw covers
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Instructions
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Fusion-Link brochure
- "NOTICE" sheet
- Mounting Template
Fusion MS-RA210 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fusion MS-RA210
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||3 volts|
|Display Color||Full Color|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Uears|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, AAC, FLAC|
Marine Certified: Designed and engineered for the harsh marine environment, the Fusion MS-RA210 has an impressive IPX6 and IPX7 rated water resistant front-panel (when mounted correctly) built to perform and last on board your boat.
Bulkhead Mount: The MS-RA210 requires a rectangular cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. The marine receiver has a shallow mounting depth, perfect for space conscious installation on small boats and personal watercraft, where this is especially crucial. Four screws (supplied) fasten the faceplate against the mounting surface, and hold the waterproof gasket against the bulkhead. A paper template is supplied to assist you with the cutout and drilling the screw holes. You can install the unit within 45-degree of horizontal.
- Cutout Dimensions:
- Width = 5.3125"
- Height = 2.0625"
- Depth = 5.6875"
- Front-Panel Dimensions:
- Width = 6.0625"
- Height = 2.75"
- Depth = 0.875"
- Screw-Hole Spacing:
- Width = 5.625"
- Height = 1.6875"
- Depth = 1.0625"
2.7" LCD Screem: The Fusion MS-RA210 features a bright 2.7" optically bonded, full-color LCD which is incorporated into a black front face for ease of visibility. The 2.7" full-color LCD screen can display song/artist/album information, as well as album art. You can manually adjust the brightness level (0-24) of the display. If you connect the illumination wire (orange) on the wiring harness to the boat's illumination wire, the receiver's display and buttom illumination dim automatically when the boat lights are turned on.
Note: The optically bonded color LCD is not a touchscreen.
Fusion-Link: The industry standard protocol for on-water audio integration and control, Fusion-Link enables control of your entertainment directly from partnered Multi-Function Displays via NMEA 200, compatible Apple or Android devices via the Fusion-Link app, and Garmin watches via Fusion-Link Lite. With multiple control options, you can always be in control of your audio entertainment on your boat.
Fusion-Link Wired Control: The Fusion MS-RA210 offers direct stereo control from a compatible Multi-Function Display (MFD) or NRX Series wired remote control when utilizing an existing NMEA 2000 network.
- Optional Wired Remote Control: Install Fusion's MS-NRX300 Wired Remote (sold separately) in each of the independent two audio zones of your vessel, for localized zone volume level and global source control. Control both audio zones independently from two remotes connected to the Fusion MS-RA210 marine stereo, or manage the entire entertainment experience from a single remote control. Up to two MS-NRX300 wired remotes can be connected to the MS-RA210.
- Fusion-Link via NMEA2000: The MS-RA210 marine stereo supports Fusion-link via a NMEA2000 network. Fusion-Link is the industry standard for entertainment integration onboard the worlds most respected boating brands, developed by Fusion Electronics and supported by leading marine electronics manufacturers. Fusion-Link allows a certified Multi-Function Display (MFD) the ability to integrate with, and utilize Fusion's specialized entertainment functionality, creating a centralized control station for the entire vessel and a more user-friendly experience.
Optional ANT Wireless Remote: The Fusion MS-ARX70 Remote (sold separately) is an ANT wireless stereo remote. ANT is an ultra-low-power (ULP) wireless networking protocol operating in the 2.4GHz band with a wireless range of 33'. Able to interface with Fusion MS-RA210 marine stereo, the ARX Remote can control playback in both audio zones.
Wireless App Control: The MS-RA210 marine stereo offers wireless control from your Apple iOS, Android OS, or Garmin watch device through free downloadable apps.
- Fusion-Link App: You can use the Fusion-Link App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) on your compatible smartphone or tablet device to adjust the receiver's volume, change the source, control playback, select and manage radio presets, and adjust audio settings. You can also use the app to set up and configure DSP profiles, as well as control both Zones of the receiver. Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the MS-RA210 via Bluetooth for the Fusion-Link App to wirelessly communicate with the receiver.
- Fusion-Link Lite App: Download the free Fusion-Link Lite app from the Connect IQ Store to enable wireless control via ANT technology from a compatible Garmin watch (sold separately).
Over-The-Air (OTA) Software Updates: The Fusion MS-RA210 is always up-to-date, thanks to the over-the-air (OTA) software updates available from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device via the free Fusion-Link app.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Fusion MS-RA210 marine stereo features built-in Bluetooth 3.0 with support for wireless music streaming from almost any Bluetooth-enable device (such as your smartphone or tablet). The MS-RA210 supports wireless audio playback (AD2P 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.3) of a Bluetooth-enabled device. The MS-RA210 will wirelessly play back stored music, music apps, and other audio on your Bluetooth source device. With an effective range of 10 Mtrs (33ft), you can enjoy seamless streaming of your favorite audio tracks without having to return to the stereo to change tracks.
- Control: The unit will be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth source device.
- Display: Song/artist information, along with Album Art is displayed on the receiver's LCD screen.
- Pairing: You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth devices, but only one can be connected and used for playback at a time.
Notes This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
USB MSC Playback: The MS-RA210 is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB MSC (mass storage class device), such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback & control of MP3, AAC, and FLAC music files stored on a USB MSC device. Your USB MSC devices (up to 32GB) must be formatted in FAT or NTFS. The receiver supports playback, control, and song/artist display (including Album Art).
Note: The USB port does not support USB hubs or card-readers.
Android MTP Compatible: The MS-RA210's USB port also enables playback & control of stored MP3 and AAC music files on your MTP compatible Android smartphone (OS 4.0+) through the Fusion marine receiver. Music files must be located in a folder using one of the following names - My Music, My_Music, mobile, or Music. The receiver will also display song/artist display (including Album Art). Durring connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
Note: The USB port does not support connection of Android devices via AOA 2.0.
iPod/iPhone Lightning Compatible: The rear-panel USB port can even be used to connect a compatible Apple iPhone or iPod touch with Lightning connector. The MS-RA210 supports audio playback, music browsing, information display (including album art), and charging of your compatible Apple device. You can also choose to continue to use your Apple Lightning device to control music playback.
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
- This unit does not support the iPod Nano or older 30-pin Apple iPod and iPhone devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: In addition to Bluetooth and USB connectivity, the MS-RA210 offers a rear-panel Aux input which consists of stereo RCA jacks. You can adjust the gain for a connected auxiliary device to achieve a volume level similar to that of other media sources. You can adjust the gain in 1 dB increments.
AM/FM Tuner: The Apollo Series MS-RA210 marine stereo features a built-in AM/FM radio that offers manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 15 FM station presets and 15 AM station presets. You can select between US and European tuning.
SiriusXM Ready: The MS-RA210 is SiriusXM Ready, so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the head unit and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 140 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features include:
- Channel/Category Lists & Presets: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories. You can store up to 15 SiriusXM Satellite Radio preset stations for easy recall.
- Song/Artist Info + Instant Replay Displayed information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the unit's LCD. You can replay songs from up to 1 hour past playing, making sure you never have to miss another beat of your favorite tunes.
- TuneStart & TuneMix: With TuneStart you will always hear the song playing on each of your favorite stations from the start, no matter how far along it is when you change the channel. With TuneMix, you can create your own channel from a mix of your favorites to create your very own custom channel. TuneMix also gives you the ability to skip songs back to the last hour you have been listening across all channels in your mix.
- Artist, Song, & Game Alerts: You can choose to receive alerts whenever your favorite artists, songs or sports teams start playing. With SportsFlash, you'll receive key plays and updates from your favorite teams during live games, ensuring you never have to miss the best moments
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Class-D Amplifier: The built-in Class-D amplifier delivers greater efficiency, meaning you can listen to your music at higher volume levels for longer without worrying about battery drain. The Class-D amplifier is rated at 25 watts x 4 channels (RMS) and 50 watts x 4 channels (Peak).
Note: If you do not connect speakers directly to the amplifier, you can disable the internal amplifiers to reduce power consumption.
6ch/3V Pre-Outs: The Fusion MS-RA210 is outfitted with six channels of 3V pre-outs. There is a Left, Right, and Subwoofer pre-out for Zone 1 and Zone 2.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): Fusion's DSP produces superior sound quality in practically any environment, at every volume level. The power of Fusion DSP enables the optimization of Fusion speakers, subwoofers and amplifiers in each audio zone on your vessel, giving you enhanced audio delivery in any environment. Using environmental information and customized speaker profiles, you can now enjoy customized, optimized audio anywhere on board. Simply set up your own DSP profiles using the free Fusion-Link App. The built-in DSP chip then monitors the music playing in real-time and adjusts loudness curves for better quality audio at every volume level, while the feed-forward limiter anticipates a peak in the audio and adjusts the gain to eliminate distortion.
- Feed-Forward Limiter: The Feed-Forward Limiter anticipates a peak in the audio and adjusts the gain to avoid distortion, at any volume level.
- Volume Equalizer: The Volume Equalizer precisely calculates loudness curves optimized for the human ear to ensure quality, full-range audio at every volume level.
- Speaker Profiling: Customized Fusion speaker profiles enables the optimization of Fusion speakers in each audio zone on your vessel, giving you premium audio delivery to all Fusion speakers.
- Environmental Profiling: Using environmental information you can achieve customized and optimized audio for any area of your boat, resulting in an entertainment system that is perfectly tuned for premium audio reproduction.
Dual Zone: The Fusion MS-RA210 allows you to group your speakers into two zones. This enables you to control the audio settings of each zone individually or link them together. You can set the volume, volume limit, balance, tone, subwoofer level, subwoofer frequency, and name for each zone, plus configure other zone-specific settings. The same source will be played back in both zones (you cannot choose different sources for each zone).
Tone Controls: The MS-RA210 allows you to independently adjust Bass, Mid, and Treble in Zone 1 and Zone. Bass, Mid, and Treble can be adjusted from -15 to +15.
Loudness: The Loudness feature enhances Bass & Treble frequencies at lower volume levels.
Subwoofer Control: You can independently control the output level and low-pass crossover of the Zone 1 and Zone 2 subwoofer outputs. The low-pass crossover filter can be set to 50, 80, 120, or 160Hz. The subwoofer output level can be set from 0 to 24.
Volume Limit: You can set independent maximum volume limits for both Zone 1 and Zone 2. The volume limit can be set from 0 to 24.
8 questions already asked