About the FUSION MS-RA70
FUSION'S first single-DIN stereo
FUSION'S first single-DIN stereo
The MS-RA70 digital media receiver gives you the functionality and marine-rated reliability FUSION is known for, now in a receiver that fits into a standard DIN-sized opening. This versatile digital media receiver is an ideal choice for your boat, of course, but it can also be used in select off-road vehicles.
Use your smartphone as the remote!
Lots of entertainment options
The MS-RA70 gives you plenty of entertainment options. You can enjoy your favorite AM/FM stations or connect an MP3 player to the USB port, but built-in Bluetooth® connectivity is what makes this receiver truly special. Just download the free Apple® or Android™ FUSION-Link remote control app for Bluetooth from iTunes™ or Google Play™. With the app installed, you can enjoy source navigation and track selection from wherever you are on your boat or in your campsite. Intuitive controls make it easier to manage your music when you're underway.
Get into a zone
Independent audio zone control is a handy thing to have on any boat. The MS-RA70 offers advanced localized menu controls, including zone naming, so you'll be able to customize and control the listening experience in each zone. (Note: You'll need an additional amplifier for the Line Out and Sub Out linked to Zone 1.)
Ready for your boat or off-road vehicle
The 2" tall chassis means you can install the MS-RA70 in a wide variety of vehicles on land and sea. The designers came up with a clever solution that lets you mount the receiver in the dash or integrate it into a glass helm using a flush surface mount. Wherever it winds up, this rugged receiver will stand up to whatever wind and weather Mother Nature brews up.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- marine digital media receiver with built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- single-DIN chassis fits a variety of boats and off-road vehicles
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- LCD display with brightness adjustment
- works with iPod/iPhone, plus Android and Windows phones
- plays a wide variety of digital music formats
- specially sealed against the elements for use in the marine environment
- inputs: rear USB and AUX inputs
- 2-zone stereo audio with discrete pre-out and sub-out
- compatible with FUSION Unidock
- works with FUSION-Link™ Bluetooth remote control app
- inputs: rear USB and AUX inputs
- outputs: 2-zone stereo audio with discrete line outputs and sub output (Zone 1)
Other Features and Specs:
- mounting hardware included
- optically bonded glass display
- face is IPx7 water-resistant when mounted
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01516-00
What's in the box:
- Marine receiver
- Wiring harness
- Aux/Preout harness
- Mounting bracket
- 2 End-caps
- 4 Screws
- Quick Start Manual
- Installation Instructions
- Important Safety/Product Information booklet
- Mounting Template
FUSION MS-RA70 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the FUSION MS-RA70
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Rear (RCA)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||3 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
DIN-Sized Marine Receiver: The Fusion MS-RA70 marine receiver has been engineered to seamlessly replace a standard "DIN-sized" stereo in your boat, vessel, or watercraft without the need to reconfigure or modify the cutout opening. Four screws (supplied) fasten the receiver's faceplate and gasket against the mounting surface on either side of the cutout opening to secure the unit in place. If your boat does not already have a cutout opening for a "DIN-sized" radio, then the MS-RA70 will require a rectangular cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. You can even remove the receiver's pre-installed trim-ring and flush mount the receiver for a stunning glass helm finish.
- Chassis or Cutout Width = 6.375"
- Chassis or Cutout Height = 1.9375"
- Cutout Depth = 4.0"
- Nose Width = 7.4375"
- Nose Height = 2.375"
- Nose Depth = 1.0"
- Screw Hole Spacing = 6.8125" (w) x 1.5625" (h)
Note: Even though this marine receiver is considered "DIN-sized", it does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard automotive installation.
Marine Certified: Marine Certified: The Fusion MS-RA70 is designed and engineered specifically for use on the water, and complies with both IPx3 & iPx7 water resistant standards.
- iPx3 Glass-Filled Composite Chassis: Structurally rigid and incredibly lightweight, the unit's glass-filled composite chassis improves environmental protection and electrically isolates the chassis for complete reliability with an iPx3 rating. The receiver's chassis also features an aluminum side-fin heat sink with VCT cooling, removing the need for an external cooling fan.
- iPx7 Front-Panel & Optically Bonded LCD: With an IPx7 front-panel and an optically bonded LCD to improve durability and optimize daylight viewing, the MS-RA70 is ready for the marine environment. You can adjust the brightness & contrast of the LCD. The LCD screen's backlight turns offs after approximately 60 seconds of inactivity to reduce battery drain; press any key on the unit to restore the backlight.
Built-in Bluetooth: The MS-RA70 marine stereo features built-in Bluetooth 2.0 with support for wireless music streaming from almost any Bluetooth-enable device and the Fusion-Link remote control app for select Apple iOS & Android devices.
- Wireless Music Streaming: The Fusion MS-RA70 supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled device. The MS-RA70 will wirelessly playback stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth device. The unit will also be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Skip Next/Previous. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. In addition, song/artist information is displayed on the receiver's LCD screen.
- Fusion-Link Remote Control App: Download the Fusion-Link remote control app onto your Apple iPod/iPhone (iOS 6.0+) or Android smartphone (OS 2.2+) and turn your mobile device into a wireless remote control from the Fusion MS-RA70 marine stereo. Once downloaded, the app will allow navigation of all music sources, independent volume zone control, and menu adjustments.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
USB Mass Storage Devices: The Fusion MS-RA70 marine stereo features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port which enables connection of USB mass storage class (MSC) devices like a USB thumbdrive, flash drive, or MSC compatible audio player formatted in FAT32. You can insert a compatible USB MSC device into the head unit's USB port for playback of MP3 music files with Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat control, plus song/artist info. When the MS-RA70 is turned on, USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 1A).Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0): The Fusion MS-RA70 supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), which lets you connect your Android smartphone (OS 4.1+) to the unit's rear-panel USB port and listen to stored music and music apps from your Android device through the Fusion marine receiver. You'll be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Other advanced music navigation will still be done from your Android smartphone's touchscreen. In this mode, the marine receiver will not display song/artist information; you'll continue to view song/artist information from the Android device's touchscreen. You'll still be able to access other functions and applications from your Android smartphone's touchscreen, while listening to music through the receiver. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
Note: This stereo is not compatible with Android devices in MTP or PTP mode.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The unit's rear-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone with the cable that came with your Apple device. The MS-RA70 supports audio playback, basic control (Play/Pause & Previous Next Track), song/artist information, and charging of your compatible Apple device. iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen while connected in order to access other applications; iPod/iPhone devices with earlier iOS will be locked during connection. The MS-RA70 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 3/23/2016):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Fusion-Link App|
- The MS-RA70's USB port is not compatible with 30-pin Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad devices.
- If you connect an Apple device to the USB port on the marine stereo, you must either disable Bluetooth device, or unpair the Bluetooth connection from the stereo to avoid possible media-playback issues.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The MS-RA70 marine stereo features a built-in AM/FM radio that offers manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 15 FM station presets and 15 AM station presets. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can also select between US and European tuning.
Aux Input: Fusion's MS-RA70 marine stereo is fitted with a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting an external audio device, other than an iPod/iPhone or Android smartphone. You can adjust the gain for the connected auxiliary device to achieve a volume level similar to that of other media sources. You can adjust the gain from - 9dB to +9dB in 1dB increments.
Dual Zone: The MS-RA70 marine stereo supports Dual Zone which enables two audio Zones with independent volume control from the receiver's built-in amplifier and pre-outs. Each audio Zone will play the same source, but offers independent volume control of each Zone.
25W x 4Ch Amplifier: The Fusion MS-RA70 is equipped with a 25W RMS/50W Peak x 4 channel amplifier for driving two pair of full-range marine speakers in different zone (1 pair of speakers in Zone 1 and 1 pair of speaker Zone 2) with separate volume control. The receiver's amplifier components are optimally configured for the side-fin aluminum heat sink, producing greater thermal efficiency.
Zone 1 & Sub Pre-Outs: The MS-RA70 is also equipped with a stereo RCA Zone 1 pre-out for connection of an external amp and speakers in Zone 1, plus and two mono sub pre-outs for connection of an amplifier and sub, or powered sub in Zone 1. The Zone 1 & Sub pre-outs have independent volume control. You can set the head unit's low-pass sub pre-out filter to 55, 85, 120, or 160Hz.
Rotary Volume: The MS-RA70 features a rotary volume dial which controls the volume level for Zone 1 and Zone 2.
3-Band EQ: You can adjust the MS-RA70's Bass, Midrange, & Treble independently from -15 to + 15 to fine tune your marine audio system.
Mute: The marine stereo's audio output can be muted with a press of a button on the front-panel.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked