About the Fusion MS-RA70NSX
Entertainment, information, and more
Entertainment, information, and more
The MS-RA70NSX doesn't do it all, but it does pretty much every cool thing you'd want a marine digital media receiver to do. This feature-packed receiver gives you the functionality and marine-rated reliability Fusion is known for in a package that fits into a standard DIN-sized opening. The MS-RA70NSX will play all of your digital music, plus it's SiriusXM Ready™ and it even has built-in NMEA 2000 connectivity that will make it the hub of your boat's system.
Connect to a wide variety of devices
The MS-RA70NSX can handle all your entertainment and communications needs when you're out on the water. In addition to working with an incredible variety of wired and wireless devices, you can connect this highly-advanced receiver to your NMEA 2000 network so it can talk with chart plotters, navigation instruments, depth sounders, and other compatible devices.
Use your phone as a remote
You can enjoy your favorite AM/FM stations or connect an MP3 player to the USB port, of course, but you'll really appreciate this receiver's wireless Bluetooth® connectivity. Just download the free Apple® or Android™ Fusion-Link remote control app for Bluetooth from iTunes™ or Google Play™. With the app installed, you can use your phone to control source navigation and track selection from wherever you are on your boat or in your campsite. Intuitive controls make it easier to manage your music when you're underway.
Enjoy SiriusXM while you're riding the waves
Satellite radio is a near-must on a boat, and this SiriusXM Ready receiver can give you the entertainment and information you need when you're out on the water. Just connect a SiriusXM tuner (sold separately, subscription required) to your MS-RA70NSX and you'll be able to enjoy music, sports, news, and essential weather-related content when you're many miles offshore.
Get into a zone on your boat
Independent audio zone control is a handy thing to have on any boat. The MS-RA70NSX gives you built-in two-zone control, plus advanced localized menu controls, including zone naming. With two pre-outs and a sub-out, you have room to expand your system, too.
Built to survive in tough conditions
The 2" tall chassis means you can install the MS-RA70NSX in a wide variety of dashboards. The designers came up with a clever solution that lets you mount the stereo in the dash or integrate it into a glass helm using a flush surface mount. Wherever it winds up, this rugged receiver will stand up to whatever wind and weather Mother Nature brews up.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
NMEA 2000 note: To learn more about NMEA 2000 connectivity, check out our article explaining nautical networking.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- marine digital media receiver with built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- single-DIN chassis fits a variety of boats and off-road vehicles
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- built-in NMEA 2000 connectivity
- two-zone control
- LCD display with brightness adjustment
- works with iPod/iPhone, plus Android and Windows phones
- plays a wide variety of digital music formats
- specially sealed against the elements for use in the marine environment
- SiriusXM Ready (tuner and subscription required)
- inputs: rear USB and AUX inputs
- outputs: two stereo pre-outs and sub-out
- compatible with Fusion Unidock
- works with Fusion-Link™ Bluetooth remote control app
- mounting hardware included
- optically bonded glass display
- face is IPx7 water-resistant when mounted
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01516-30
What's in the box:
- Marine receiver
- Wiring harness
- Aux/Preout harness
- 6.5' NEMA 2000 cable
- Mounting bracket
- 2 End-caps
- 4 Screws
- Quick Start Manual
- Installation Instructions
- Important Safety/Product Information booklet
- Mounting Template
Fusion MS-RA70NSX reviews
I purchased this Radio due to the fact that Garmin owns Fusion. I wanted to have the NMEA 2000 interface so it would work with the GPS. I am extremely satisfied with this unit and highly recommend it
0 of 0 found this helpful
Best marine radio
Pros: easy install
0 of 1 found this helpful
This unit is great. Easy to use. I have it connected to my NMEA2000 system. I can control everything from my Garmin GPS screen. I love it.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Awesome Stereo for the price. Works well and was compatible with my other electronics. Would definitely recommend.
Pros: Easy to install. Great Price. Bluetooth works great. User friendly.
Cons: Havent found one yet
0 of 0 found this helpful
Awesome radio, great sound and easy interface
0 of 0 found this helpful
This is the same unit as the MS-RA70, and RA70N, with the addition of SiriusXM radio capabilities (XM tuner sold separately). Installation was simple and straightforward. Like all the options for zones with speaker and pre-amp outs. Bluetooth streaming worked well. Configuration with the Fusion app on my iPhone was simple and works perfectly. Would have preferred heavier gauge power and ground wires (I think they are 18 at best). If you're replacing a DIN-sized unit, save yourself a lot of frustration and get the Fusion DIN cage (MS-RA70DC) because the MS-RA70 series does NOT fit a standard DIN cage (it's too narrow).
Pros: large, simple buttons easy configuration
Cons: need the Fusion DIN cage for standard DIN opening
3 of 4 found this helpful
More details on the Fusion MS-RA70NSX
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||25 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||3 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
DIN-Sized Marine Receiver: The Fusion MS-RA70NSX marine receiver has been engineered to seamlessly replace a standard "DIN-sized" stereo in your boat, vessel, or watercraft without the need to reconfigure or modify the cutout opening. Four screws (supplied) fasten the receiver's front-panel and gasket against the mounting surface and included mounting bracket to secure the unit in place. If your boat does not already have a cutout opening for a "DIN-sized" radio, then the MS-RA70NSX will require a rectangular cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis (optional mounting sleeve is available and sold separately). You can even remove the receiver's pre-installed trim-ring and flat mount the receiver for a stunning glass helm finish.
- Chassis & Cutout Dimensions: 6.375" (w) x 2.0" (h) x 5.5" (d)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 7.4375" (w) x 2.375" (h) x 1.0" (d)
- 4 Screw Hole Spacing: 6.8125" (w) x 1.5625" (h)
Note: Even though this marine receiver is considered "DIN-sized", it will not fit in standard automotive "single-DIN" installations because it lacks required hardware and its front-panel (face-plate) is too large.
Marine Certified: The Fusion MS-RA70NSX is designed and engineered specifically for use on the water, and complies with both IPx3 & iPx7 water resistant standards.
- iPx7 Front-Panel & Optically Bonded LCD: With an IPx7 front-panel and an optically bonded LCD to improve durability and optimize daylight viewing, the MS-RA70NSX is ready for the marine environment. You can adjust the brightness & contrast of the LCD. The LCD screen's backlight turns offs after approximately 60 seconds of inactivity to reduce battery drain; press any key on the unit to restore the backlight.
- iPx3 Glass-Filled Composite Chassis: Structurally rigid and incredibly lightweight, the unit's glass-filled composite chassis improves environmental protection and electrically isolates the chassis for complete reliability with an iPx3 rating. The receiver's chassis also features an aluminum side-fin heat sink with VCT cooling, removing the need for an external cooling fan.
Fusion-Link Wired Control: The Apollo Series MS-RA70NSX offers control from a compatible Multi-Function Display (MFD) or NRX Series wired remote control when utilizing an existing NMEA 2000 network.
- Fusion-Link via NMEA2000:The MS-RA70NSX is a Fusion-Link Wired NMEA 2000 certified product and is compatible with a range of the world's leading Multi-Function Displays (MFD) for on-screen audio control; creating a centralized control station for the entire vessel and a more user-friendly experience. NMEA 2000 is the most popular marine standard for data communication within vessels. When pairing the MS-RA70Ni with a NMEA 2000 supported Chartplotter or Fish finder, you bring your music to the big screen, allowing you to keep an eye on the charts or the fish while skipping tracks or adjusting the volume at the same time.
- Optional Wired Remote Control: In addition to MFD control, the MS-RA70NSX will connect to Fusion's MS-NRX300 Wired Remote (917NRX300, sold separately) within the same powered NMEA 2000 network for localized control of the audio zones. You can install a MS-NRX300 wired remote in each of the independent audio zones of your vessel, for localized zone volume level and global source control. Control each audio zone independently from multiple remotes, or manage the entire entertainment experience from a single remote control. The remote control can even serve as an NMEA 2000 display showing NMEA navigation data or vessel performance data from other NMEA devices on the same NMEA 2000 network. Up to three MS-NRX300 wired remotes can be connected to the MS-RA70NSX within the same powered NMEA 2000 network.
Note: The MS-NRX300 wired remote (sold separately) must be incorporated onto a powered NMEA 2000 network. If you are planning on using the MS-RA70NSX and the MS-NRX300 remote on a standalone network, additional cabling (150NMEASK, sold separately) is required to power the network.
Wireless App Control: The MS-RA70NSX marine stereo offers wireless control from your Apple iOS, Android OS, or Garmin watch device through free downloadable apps.
- Fusion-Link Remote App: Once downloaded, the Fusion-Link Remote Control App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android 4.4+) will allow navigation of all music sources, independent audio zones, and multiple Fusion Entertainment Systems connected to the same NMEA2000 network or via Bluetooth from your Apple iOS or Android device. Navigate albums, artists and playlists with the same ease as navigation of the Fusion marine interface, iPod and iPhone Album art is even displayed on screen.
- Fusion-Link Lite App: Download the free Fusion-Link Lite app from the Connect IQ Store to enable wireless control via ANT technology from a compatible Garmin watch (sold separately).
Optional ANT Wireless Technology: The Fusion ARX Remote (MS-ARX70, sold separately) is an ANT wireless stereo remote. ANT is an ultra-low-power (ULP) wireless networking protocol operating in the 2.4GHz band with a wireless range of 33'. Able to interface with the Fusion MS-RA70NSX stereo, the ARX Remote provides wireless localized volume level and global source control.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The MS-RA70NSX marine stereo features built-in Bluetooth 2.0 with support for wireless music streaming from almost any Bluetooth-enable device. The Fusion MS-RA70 supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled device. The MS-RA70NSX will wirelessly playback stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth device. The unit will also be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Skip Next/Previous. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. In addition, song/artist information is displayed on the receiver's LCD screen.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
USB Mass Storage Devices: The Fusion MS-RA70NSX marine stereo features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port which enables connection of USB mass storage class (MSC) devices like a USB thumbdrive, flash drive, or MSC compatible audio player formatted in FAT32. You can insert a compatible USB MSC device into the head unit's USB port for playback of MP3 music files with Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat control, plus song/artist info. When the MS-RA70NSX is turned on, USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 1A).Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0): The Fusion MS-RA70NSX supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), which lets you connect your Android smartphone (OS 4.1-7.1.2) to the unit's rear-panel USB port and listen to stored music and music apps from your Android device through the Fusion marine receiver. You'll be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Other advanced music navigation will still be done from your Android smartphone's touchscreen. In this mode, the marine receiver will not display song/artist information; you'll continue to view song/artist information from the Android device's touchscreen. You'll still be able to access other functions and applications from your Android smartphone's touchscreen, while listening to music through the receiver. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
Note: This stereo is not compatible with Android devices in MTP or PTP mode.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connection: The unit's rear-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone with the cable that came with your Apple device. The MS-RA70NSX supports audio playback, basic control (Play/Pause & Previous Next Track), song/artist information, and charging of your compatible Apple device. iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen while connected in order to access other applications; iPod/iPhone devices with earlier iOS will be locked during connection. The MS-RA70NSX is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 1/4/2019):
Apple Device Generation Tested Version Media Type Control Type Display Type Bluetooth Charge Audio Video Head Unit iPod/iPhone Artist/Song Text Track Info Phone Audio Fusion-Link App iPhone 5/5C 10.3.3 Y N Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y 5S/SE 12.1.2 Y N Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y 6+/6/6S/6S+ 12.1.2 Y N Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y 7/7+/8/8+ 12.1.2 Y N Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y XSMax/XS/XR/X 12.1.2 Y N Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y touch 5th 9.3.5 Y N Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y 6th 12.1.2 Y N Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y
- The MS-RA70NSX's USB port is not compatible with 30-pin Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad devices.
- If you connect an Apple device to the USB port on the marine stereo, you must either disable Bluetooth device, or unpair the Bluetooth connection from the stereo to avoid possible media-playback issues.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
SiriusXM Ready: The Fusion MS-RA70NSX is SiriusXM Ready, so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the head unit and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 140 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features include -
- Channel/Category Lists w/ Song/Artist Info: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories. Displayed information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the unit's LCD.
- Presets & Instant Replay: You can store up to 15 SiriusXM Satellite Radio preset stations for easy recall. Instant Replay gives you the ability to replay songs from up to 1 hour past playing, making sure you never have to miss another beat of your favorite tunes.
- TuneStart & TuneMix: With TuneStart you will always hear the song playing on each of your favorite stations from the start, no matter how far along it is when you change the channel. With TuneMix, you can create your own channel from a mix of your favorites to create your very own custom channel. TuneMix also gives you the ability to skip songs back to the last hour you have been listening across all channels in your mix.
- Artist, Song, & Game Alerts: You can choose to receive alerts whenever your favorite artists, songs or sports teams start playing. With SportsFlash, you'll receive key plays and updates from your favorite teams during live games, ensuring you never have to miss the best moments Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The MS-RA70NSX marine stereo features a built-in AM/FM radio that offers manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 15 FM station presets and 15 AM station presets. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can also select between US and European tuning.
Aux Input: Fusion's MS-RA70NSX marine stereo is fitted with a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting an external audio device, other than an iPod/iPhone or Android smartphone. You can adjust the gain for the connected auxiliary device to achieve a volume level similar to that of other media sources. You can adjust the gain from - 9dB to +9dB in 1dB increments.
Dual Zone: The MS-RA70NSX marine stereo supports Dual Zone which enables two audio Zones with independent volume control from the receiver's built-in amplifier and pre-outs. Each audio Zone will play the same source, but offers independent volume control of each Zone. You can also set the balance, volume limit, and name for each Zone, and the subwoofer level for Zone 1.
25W x 4Ch Amplifier: The Fusion MS-RA70NSX is equipped with a 25W RMS/50W Peak x 4 channel amplifier for driving two pair of full-range marine speakers in different zones (1 pair of speakers in Zone 1 and 1 pair of speaker Zone 2) with separate volume control. The receiver's amplifier components are optimally configured for the side-fin aluminum heat sink, producing greater thermal efficiency.
Zone 1/Zone2 & Sub Pre-Outs: The MS-RA70NSX is also equipped with stereo RCA Zone 1 and Zone 2 pre-outs for connection of external amplifiers and speakers in two separate locations on your watercraft, plus two mono sub pre-outs for connection of an amplifier and sub, or powered sub in Zone 1 only. The Zone 1 & Zone 2 pre-outs have independent volume control. The sub pre-outs' volume level are controlled by Zone 1. You can set the sub pre-outs' low-pass filter to 55, 85, 120, or 160Hz.
Rotary Volume: The MS-RA70NSX features a rotary volume dial which controls the volume level for Zone 1 and Zone 2.
3-Band EQ: You can adjust the MS-RA70NSX's Bass, Midrange, & Treble independently from -15 to + 15 to fine tune your marine audio system.
Mute: The marine stereo's audio output can be muted with a press of a button on the front-panel.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked