About the Fusion MS-RA770
There can be only one
There can be only one
There's only one “first” of anything, and Fusion's Apollo MS-RA770 is the first touchscreen marine stereo to offer built-in Wi-Fi. Add that to cool features like a beautiful one-piece glass display, multiple source options and Fusion's remarkably advanced digital signal processing (DSP) technology, and you have one seriously awesome receiver.
The wonderfulness of Wi-Fi
This is kind of a big deal. Wi-Fi delivers a higher data transfer rate than Bluetooth, so your music will come out sounding stronger than ever. And if you're building a big system, you can enjoy perfectly synced music everywhere on a larger boat by wirelessly connecting multiple Fusion MS-SRX400 zone stereos via Fusion's PartyBus™ audio distribution technology.
You can rock the boat with Party Mode, turn it down a bit with Personal Mode, and switch between the two without disrupting the audio in other areas of the vessel. You can also get over-the-air software updates, so you can get the latest and greatest Fusion has to offer through your smartphone or compatible device via the free Fusion-Link™ app.
All about the app
Fusion-Link is the industry standard protocol for marine audio integration and control. This free app lets you control your entertainment directly from marine multi-function displays, compatible Apple or Android devices, and Garmin watches. You can choose from multiple control options and adjust your audio from wherever you are on your boat.
Dig your tunes with DSP
One of the best things about Fusion-Link is that it lets you control the receiver's digital signal processing settings. The Fusion DSP's feed-forward limiter anticipates peaks in the audio and automatically adjusts the gain, so you can enjoy full-range audio at every volume level without distortion. You can also customize this multi-zone receiver's sound settings to suit your Fusion speakers or adjust the settings to maximize performance in any area of your boat. With this Apollo Series receiver, everything will sound awesome anywhere you are.
Lots of source options
How do you listen to music these days? Whatever the answer, the Apollo MS-RA770 can probably handle it. There's AM/FM radio, of course, plus Bluetooth, and an optical digital audio input. Plug a device in to the AUX or USB connections, or listen to your favorite SiriusXM programming (subscription required).
Get into a zone
The MS-RA770 lets you control the sound in four independent audio zones, so you can customize your listening experience all around the boat. Each localized menu lets you control volume limits, zone naming, zone disabling, and more. All line-outs will require additional amplification, so talk to a Crutchfield Advisor for more information about building a system.
Glass touchscreen display
The all-glass 4.3” LCD color touchscreen display isn't just another pretty face, it's a beautifully simple way to control your RA770. Just tap the screen to pause and play, or swipe through your playlist to your favorite song. No more fiddling about for the right button while you're underway.
Your Apollo Series receiver will always be up to date, thanks to over-the-air software updates. All you need to do is use the Fusion-Link app on your smartphone or compatible device.
NEW: Fusion Apollo radios can now stream high-quality audio from compatible Apple devices using Apple Airplay 2. The feature is standard on newer models, but if you already have an RA770 or RX400, you can add it via a software update from Fusion.
The Apollo RA770 is designed and engineered using Fusion's True-Marine design philosophy. That means it's more than tough enough for life on the water. The front panel is IPX7-rated for water resistance, and it's also proven to stand up against salt fog, temperature, vibration, and damaging UV rays.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod® or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- marine digital media receiver with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- 4.3" capacitive touch glass LCD color display
- advanced Fusion DSP optimizes sound quality at all listening levels
- feed-forward limiter anticipates peaks in the audio
- multi-zone control lets you tune four audio zones
- works with iPod/iPhone, plus Android and Windows phones
- efficient Class D amplifier technology conserves battery power
- PartyBus audio distribution technology (requires Fusion MS-SRX400 zone stereos)
- AM/FM tuner
- plays MP3, M4A, and FLAC files
- works with Apple Airplay
- remote control
- IPX7 water-resistant face
- works with FUSION-Link and NRX remote controls
- plugs into your existing NMEA 2000 network
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- works with existing Wi-Fi systems
- inputs: rear USB port; two stereo AUX inputs; digital optical input
- outputs: 4-zone audio (line outs require separate amplification)
- SPDIF port supports TV audio output
- Ethernet port
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier: 26 watts RMS/70 peak x 4 channels
- over-the-air software updates via the free Fusion-Link app or USB
- can be controlled with a Garmin smart watch
- multi-language interface: English/French/German/Spanish/Dutch /Italian
- mounting hardware included
- mounting depth: 3-15/16"
- cutout: 6.435"W x 1.955"H
- nose width: 7.405"
- nose height: 3.235"
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01905-00
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- 2 Aux-In/Zone-output harnesses
- 7' NEMA cable
- Rubber front-cover
- 2 Endcaps
- 4 Screws
- Quick Start Manual
- Mounting Template
- Installation Instructions
Fusion MS-RA770 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fusion MS-RA770
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA x 2 (rear)|
|USB Port Power||1A|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||26 watts|
|Peak Output||70 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5.5 volts|
|Display Color||Full Color|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
True-Marine Designed & Engineered: Built on Fusion's True-Marine design philosophy, the Apollo Series MS-RA770 has an impressive IPX7 rated water resistant front-panel, and has been tested to a high level for protection against salt fog, temperature, vibration and UV protection.
Glass Touchscreen Display: The Apollo Series MS-RA770 by Fusion is equipped with 4.3" capacitive touch glass LCD color monitor. This premium capacitive touchscreen display allows you to simply tap the screen to pause and play, or swipe through your playlist to your favorite song. You can adjust the brightness of the touchscreen display's backlight.
- You can swipe left or right to change the track or preset.
- You can tap the screen to pause playback or mute the audio, depending on the source.
- You can swipe down to return to the playback control screen.
Bulkhead Mount: The MS-RA770 requires a rectangular cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. The marine receiver has a shallow mounting depth, perfect for space conscious installation on small boats and personal watercraft, where this is especially crucial. Four screws (supplied) fasten the faceplate against the mounting surface, and hold the waterproof gasket against the bulkhead. A paper template is supplied to assist you with the cutout and drilling the screw holes.
- Chassis Dimensions: 6.435" (w) x 1.955" (h) x 4.055" (d)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 7.405" (w) x 3.235" (h) x 0.875" (d)
Fusion-Link Wired Control: The Apollo Series MS-RA770 offers direct stereo control from a compatible Multi-Function Display (MFD) or NRX Series wired remote control when utilizing an existing NMEA2000 or Ethernet network.
- Optional Ethernet Remote Control: The Fusion Apollo MS-ERX400 (917ERX400, sold separately) adds wired remote control for intuitive and integrated operation of the MS-RA770 from any zone on board your boat. This wired remote control can either connect to a single stereo or it can connect to the Fusion PartyBus network to view and control all of the stereos on the network. Enjoy synchronized audio playback of one audio source across all Apollo Series stereos connected to the same network, with individual and independent volume control for each stereo. The Apollo MS-ERX400 can also be used to turn on or off any Apollo Series stereo or remote connected on the network.
- Optional NMEA2000 Remote Control: Install a MS-NRX300 Wired Remote (917NRX300, sold separately) in each of the independent audio zones of your vessel, for localized zone volume level and global source control. Control each audio zone independently from multiple remotes connected to your Fusion MS-RA770 marine stereo, or manage the entire entertainment experience from a single remote control. Up to 3 MS-NRX300 wired remotes can be connected to the MS-RA770.
- Fusion-Link via NMEA2000: The MS-RA770 marine stereo supports Fusion-link via a NMEA2000 network. Fusion-Link is the industry standard for entertainment integration onboard the worlds most respected boating brands, developed by Fusion Electronics and supported by leading marine electronics manufacturers. Fusion-Link allows a NMEA-certified Multi-Function Display (MFD) the ability to integrate with, and utilize Fusion's specialized entertainment functionality, creating a centralized control station for the entire vessel and a more user-friendly experience.
Optional ANT Wireless Remote: The Fusion ARX Remote (MS-ARX70, sold separately) is an ANT wireless stereo remote. ANT is an ultra-low-power (ULP) wireless networking protocol operating in the 2.4GHz band with a wireless range of 33'. Able to interface with compatible Fusion stereos, the ARX Remote can control playback in up to four audio zones.
Wireless App Control: The MS-RA770 marine stereo offers wireless control from your Apple iOS, Android OS, or Garmin watch device through free downloadable apps.
- Fusion-Link Remote App: Once downloaded, the Fusion-Link Remote Control App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android 2.2+) will allow navigation of all music sources, independent audio zones, and multiple Fusion Entertainment Systems connected to the same NMEA2000 network or via Bluetooth from your Apple iOS or Android device. Navigate albums, artists and playlists with the same ease as navigation of the Fusion marine interface, iPod and iPhone Album art is even displayed on screen.
- Fusion-Link Lite App: Download the free Fusion-Link Lite app from the Connect IQ Store to enable wireless control via ANT technology from a compatible Garmin watch (sold separately).
Over-The-Air (OTA) Software Updates: The Apollo Series is intelligently simple and always up-to-date, thanks to the over-the-air (OTA) software updates available from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device via the free Fusion-Link app.
Built-in WiFi w/ UPnP Support: The Apollo Series MS-RA770 offers high quality audio streaming via WiFi (2.4GHz), delivering a higher data transfer rate in comparison with Bluetooth. The MS-RA770 supports UPnP for wireless streaming of MP3, AAC, WAV, and FLAC audio files from a UPnP compatible source device (such as your Windows PC or media server). The receiver will provide control and song/artist display of your UPnP music content.
Apple AirPlay 2 (firmware update available): Through a firmware update you can now stream high quality audio seamlessly via Apple AirPlay 2 over WiFi from your compatible Apple iOS (11.4+) device to the Apollo MS-RA770. You'll be able to stream your Apple Music or your favorite music apps from your Apple iOS device to the MS-RA770 with song/artist/album info display (including album art). You will need to download the latest firmware update from the Fusion website onto a USB thumbdrive and then insert the thumbdrive into the USB port of the MS-RA770.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Fusion MS-RA770 marine stereo features built-in Bluetooth 3.0 with support for wireless music streaming from almost any Bluetooth-enable device (such as your smartphone or tablet). The MS-RA770 supports wireless audio playback (AD2P 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.3) of a Bluetooth-enabled device. The MS-RA770 will wirelessly play back stored music, music apps, and other audio on your Bluetooth source device. With an effective range of 10 Mtrs (33ft), you can enjoy seamless streaming of your favorite audio tracks without having to return to the stereo to change tracks.
- Control: The unit will be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Skip Next/Previous. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth source device.
- Display: Song/artist information, along with Album Art is displayed on the receiver's LCD screen.
- Pairing: You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth devices, but only one can be connected and used for playback at a time.
Notes This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
USB Port: The Fusion MS-RA770 features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for connection of a of USB MSC or MTP device, such as USB thumbdrives and Android smartphones. The unit supports playback of a variety of music files loaded onto a USB MSC or MTP device. The receiver provides touchscreen control, song/artist display (including Album Art), and charging of your USB device. Purchase Fusion's MS-CBUSBFM1 USB extension cable (917USBFM1, sold separately) for easier access to the unit's USB port.
- MSC Playback: The MS-RA770's USB ports enable playback & control of MP3, AAC, WAV, and FLAC music files stored on a USB MSC device, such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 32GB). Your USB MSC device must be formatted in FAT 32 or NTFS.
- MTP Playback: The MS-RA770's USB ports also enable playback & control of stored MP3 and AAC music files on your portable USB MTP device, like your newer Android smartphone (w/ OS 4.0+) through the Fusion head unit. Music files must be located in a folder using one of the following names - My Music, My_Music, mobile, or Music. You cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support connection of Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android AOA devices, USB hubs, or card-readers.
Optical Digital Input: The unit's optical (toslink) digital input allows you to connect a TV or DVD player to the MS-RA770 for audio playback. Your TV or DVD player's optical digital output must be set to 2ch PCM. The MS-RA770's optical digital input does not support Dolby Digital or DTS.
Dual Aux Inputs: Fusion's Apollo Series MS-RA770 is fitted with two rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary inputs for connecting up to two external audio devices. The stereo Aux inputs allow for a wide range of input levels thanks to its adjustable input gain (-9 to +9 dB).
AM/FM Tuner: The Apollo Series MS-RA770 marine stereo features a built-in AM/FM radio that offers manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 15 FM station presets and 15 AM station presets. You can select between US and European tuning.
SiriusXM Ready: The MS-RA770 is SiriusXM Ready, so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the head unit and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 140 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features include:
- Channel/Category Lists & Presets: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories. You can store up to 15 SiriusXM Satellite Radio preset stations for easy recall.
- Song/Artist Info + Instant Replay Displayed information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the unit's LCD. You can replay songs from up to 1 hour past playing, making sure you never have to miss another beat of your favorite tunes.
- TuneStart & TuneMix: With TuneStart you will always hear the song playing on each of your favorite stations from the start, no matter how far along it is when you change the channel. With TuneMix, you can create your own channel from a mix of your favorites to create your very own custom channel. TuneMix also gives you the ability to skip songs back to the last hour you have been listening across all channels in your mix.
- Artist, Song, & Game Alerts: You can choose to receive alerts whenever your favorite artists, songs or sports teams start playing. With SportsFlash, you'll receive key plays and updates from your favorite teams during live games, ensuring you never have to miss the best moments
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
PartyBus: PartyBus is Fusion's wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) network audio distribution system of the future. The power of PartyBus kicks in when you add more PartyBus-enabled stereos (via a wired or wireless network connection) to your marine entertainment system. Each additional PartyBus-enabled stereo gives you the option to join Party Mode and play the same perfectly synced audio source through the vessel. Or, you can select Personal Mode and listen to available audio sources from your stereo in the area of your choice without disrupting Party Mode in the other areas of the vessel.
- You can connect up to eight Fusion PartyBus devices (including the MS-RA670, MS-RA770 and MS-SRX400) on one network.
- At least one Apollo MS-RA670 or MS-RA770 stereo is required in the PartyBus network.
- The MS-SRX400 (sold separately) can stream from a Fusion PartyBus stereo (such as the MS-RA670 or MS-RA770), but cannot stream sources to other Fusion PartyBus devices on the network.
- Fusion PartyBus devices cannot control the speaker volume of another stereo. You can only adjust the volume of speakers or speaker zones connect directly to the PartyBus stereo.
Note: AirPlay 2 is not supported via PartyBus.
Multi-Zone Technology: Four independent audio zones are available for a customized listening experience across your vessel, each with advanced localized menu controls including volume limits, zone naming, disabling zones and more. Zone 1 and Zone 2 provide amplified speaker level outputs, as well as line-level pre-outs. Zone 3 and Zone offer line-level pre-outs only. The full-range and subwoofer line-level outputs of each Zone will require additional amplification.
Class-D Amplifier: The Fusion Apollo Series MS-RA770 is equipped with a Class-D amplifier rated at 26 watts (RMS)/70 watts (Peak) x 4 channel for Zone 1 and Zone 2. Up to two pairs of speakers can be connected in parallel in each Zone (a zone can support no more than four speakers using the on-board amplifier). Each Zone has independent volume control.
12Ch/5.5V Pre-outs: The Apollo Series MS-RA770 is also equipped with stereo RCA Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3, and Zone 4 pre-outs for connection of external amplifiers and speakers in four separate locations on your watercraft; plus a mono-Sub pre-out for each zone (that's a total of twelve pre-out). Each pre-out is rated at 5.5 volts and each Zone provides independent volume control. The subwoofer pre-outs provide further volume and crossover control.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): Fusion digital signal processing (DSP) produces superior sound quality in the outdoor marine environment. The power of Fusion DSP enables the optimization of Fusion speakers in each audio zone on your vessel, giving you premium audio delivery to all Fusion speakers in any environment. Every step of the audio chain is optimized through calculations by Fusion's audio engineers to deliver a technically superior listening experience, without the need for you to have a technical understanding. Using environmental information and customized Fusion speaker profiles, you can now achieve customized, optimized audio for any area of your boat, resulting in an entertainment system that is perfectly tuned for premium audio reproduction, and programmed to protect your system season after season.
- Feed-Forward Limiter: The Feed-Forward Limiter anticipates a peak in the audio and adjusts the gain to avoid distortion, at any volume level.
- Volume Equalizer: The Volume Equalizer precisely calculates loudness curves optimized for the human ear to ensure quality, full-range audio at every volume level.
- Speaker Profiling: Customized Fusion speaker profiles enables the optimization of Fusion speakers in each audio zone on your vessel, giving you premium audio delivery to all Fusion speakers.
- Environmental Profiling: Using environmental information you can achieve customized and optimized audio for any area of your boat, resulting in an entertainment system that is perfectly tuned for premium audio reproduction.
Independent Zone Audio Settings: You can set the balance, volume limit, tone, subwoofer level, subwoofer frequency, and name for each zone, and configure other zone-specific settings. The Loud setting maintains frequency response at low volumes, and increased perceived loudness at high volumes.
20 questions already asked