About the Fusion StereoActive
Paddle around with powerful sound
Paddle around with powerful sound
If you're into canoeing, kayaking, paddleboarding, or any other on-the-water fun, Fusion's StereoActive Bluetooth stereo will bring crystal-clear sound to all your adventures. It's designed specifically for watersports use, so if you like to take your tunes with you when enjoy a day on the water, this is the stereo to choose.
The USB port is protected from rain and splashes.
Built for watersports
Some Bluetooth stereos are water-resistant, which means you can listen to them when you're lounging by the pool. That's great, but you can't take those speakers into the pool with you. Well, you can, of course, but if yours falls off the inflatable mattress and sinks to the bottom, good luck.
Not the StereoActive. It's made for life on the water, so you can take it into the pool, the Jacuzzi, or out on your kayak. The unique Puck mounting system (sold separately) lets you attach it to any vessel and enjoy your favorite digital music without worrying about waves, wakes, or splashes. And on the outside chance your StereoActive ever accidentally disconnects from the Puck (highly unlikely), it'll float. It can also survive submersion in up to 1 meter of water for a half-hour.
You can keep your smartphone safe, too, with a Fusion ActiveSafe storage container (also sold separately) which will hold your smartphone and a standard vehicle key, along with loose cards or change. You can control the audio from a compatible Garmin smartwatch using Ant.
Big sound from a compact box
Speaking of audio, the StereoActive gives you plenty of it in lots of ways. The built-in AM/FM/Weather tuner keeps you up to date on current events and current conditions. An internal antenna ensures clear reception, while dedicated preset buttons on the keypad make it easy to program your favorites.
And, of course, you can also stream audio from popular music services like Pandora or Spotify using any compatible A2DP Bluetooth-enabled device. Back on land, you can plug in and play the music stored on your phone.
Designed with water in mind
Of all the smart features on the StereoActive, the directional speakers might be the one your fellow outdoors enthusiasts like the most. That's because the layout is designed to send the audio to you without disturbing everyone else on the water. The off-axis correction of the polycarbonate grille sends the sound where it ought to go with remarkable clarity. The powerful 10-watt speaker system has all the power you need to stay pumped up or chilled out when you're enjoying time on your vessel.
Get it wet with no worries
This isn't just a system that works on the water, it was made for the water. To that end, the scalloped control buttons were designed with paddles in mind. Whether you're standing on your paddle board or rowing in your canoe, you can adjust the entertainment with the tap of a paddle. The high-grade rubber key pad is plenty tough enough to take a paddling. And like it!
If you store your MP3 music on a flash drive, you'll appreciate the waterproof cavity that's designed to house a low-profile USB flash drive. And if your smartphone's battery is running low, you can use the USB port as an emergency charge system, assuming the StereoActive itself has a healthy charge.
That should be most of the time, since the powerful built-in lithium ion battery will keep the music playing for up to 20 hours, depending on volume and connection type. If it does run down, you can bring the StereoActive back to full strength within three hours whether you're charging in the car or from a wall socket.
Multi-lingual voice prompts
The StereoActive features 12 unique voice prompts that give you audio feedback when you cycle music sources, save presets, and even charge the battery. And it'll even do it in English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, or Spanish, so it literally speaks your language. To change languages, just visit the Fusion website and download the language update.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- waterproof portable stereo system for canoes, kayaks, and more
- built-in Bluetooth
- built-in AM/FM/Weather tuner
- secure charging USB port
- IPx7 waterproof
- scalloped control buttons can be operated with your paddles
- off-axis correction of the polycarbonate grille directs sound to you
- lithium ion battery provides up to 20 hours on a charge (recharges in 3 hours)
- 12 unique voice prompts available in multiple languages
- flat mounting surface for action cameras (sold separately)
- available in Red, White, and Blue
- dimensions: 9-5/16" W x 5-7/16" D x 3-1/4" H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01971-10
What's in the box:
- Watersport Bluetooth speaker
- AC power adapter (attached 5' DC cord)
- Mounting puck
- Rubber collar
- Self-adhesive pad
- 4 Screws
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety & Product Information
- Stereo/Active brochure
More details on the Fusion StereoActive
Rugged & Floating Design (IPx7 Rated): The Fusion Stereo/Active speaker system features a rugged enclosure made out of polycarbonate with TPE Overmold to hold up to life outdoors and out on the water. Its IPX7 rated and will float if dropped in the water. The IPX7 designation means that it can withstand immersion in water for up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.
Note: The speaker system's end-cap (which covers the USB & power ports) must be properly inserted and locked to achieve the IPX7 water resistant rating.
Custom Engineered Sound For The Outdoors: Fusion's expert sound engineers worked tirelessly on the Class-D amplifier, speaker drivers, enclosure, and passive radiator system to deliver audiophile-quality music reproduction. The dual 2.5"/40W custom-designed directional speaker system and passive radiator are perfectly tuned for powerful audio delivery. The long excursion directional speaker design delivers greater cut through in the outdoor environment and a more personal listening experience.
- 3 Drivers: The Fusion Stereo/Active speaker system contains two 2.5" custom-designed cone woofers and one 3" x 1.5" passive radiator.
- 40W Amplifier: The Stereo/Active speaker system employs a Class-D 40 watts (20W x 2ch) amplifier.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Fusion Stereo/Active speaker system offers built-in Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP for wireless connectivity to Bluetooth source device like the Apple iPod touch/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones/tablets. You can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth source device to the Fusion speaker system. Basic playback control, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track can be done from the speaker's top-panel buttons. Advanced music browsing and song/artist/album information will still be done from your Bluetooth source device (not the Bluetooth speaker system). The speaker's Bluetooth wireless range is approximately 33'.
Note: The Fusion Stereo/Active speaker system does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone calls.
USB Port: The Fusion Stereo/Active speaker system is outfitted with a USB-A port within a waterproof cavity protected by a screw-down end-cap. The speaker system supports music playback from USB mass storage class (MSC) devices, Android AOA devices, and Apple Lightning devices. You also get basic playback control like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track. The USB port will also charge your Apple, Android or USB MSC device with up to 1 amp charging.
- MSC (Mass Storage Class): Supports MP3 music files loaded onto a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive or digital portable audio player. The USB device must not have a storage capacity greater than 32GB and must be formatted in FAT32. It will recognize a maximum of 250 files per folder.
- Android AOA: Supports AOA (Android Open Accessory) compatible Android smartphones running OS 4.1 or newer. You can playback stored music and music apps on your compatible Android device through the speaker system with basic playback control.
- Apple Lightning: Supports Apple Lightning devices including the iPhone 5 and newer, as well as the iPod touch 5th gen and newer. You can playback stored music and music apps on your compatible Apple Lightning device through the speaker system with basic playback control.
AM/FM + Weatherband Radio: The Fusion Stereo/Active speaker system features an AM/FM radio tuner with North America or European tuning (through Fusion-Link app) and offers two dedicated preset buttons for your favorite stations. The built-in weatherband tuner lets you stay on top of the weather while out on the water or camping (available in North America only).
Voice Prompts: 12 unique voice prompts (available in 6 languages) provide audio feedback when you engage with the Stereo/Active speaker system, keeping you informed and in control of your entertainment experience. Languages available include English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, and Spanish.
Fusion-Link App: Garmin smartwatch owners and Apple iOS or Android smartphone users can enjoy wireless control with the free Fusion-Link Bluetooth app, available for download from Garmin Connect, the Apple App store or Google Play store.
- Apple iOS & Android: You can use the Fusion-Link app on your Apple iOS 6.0+ or Android OS 2.2+ device to adjust the Stereo/Active speaker system's volume level, select a source, control playback, and adjust other settings. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the speaker via Bluetooth for the app to function.
- Garmin Smartwatches: By using the power of ANT wireless technology, Garmin smartwatch owners can control the Stereo/Active speaker directly from their wrist through the Fusion-Link App. From the app on your Garmin smartwatch you can control source slection, volume level, and playback control. Current supported watches include Garmin VivoActive, VivoActive HR, Quatix 3, Fenix 3 and Fenix 3 HR (all sold separately).
Fusion Puck Mount: The Stereo/Active speaker system comes with Fusion's custom-designed Puck mount. The Puck is a Fusion-designed mounting solution that allows you to securely attach the Stereo/Active speaker system to a paddle board, kayak, canoe, dinghy/tinny/jon-boat and even a jacuzzi - leaving you to enjoy your music rather than worrying about the speaker system floating away. The Puck can be secured to your mounting surface with the four included screws or the included 3M self-adhesive pad. Once the Puck is mounted and secured, the Stereo/Active speaker system clicks and locks into place on top of the Puck.
Note: The Puck's self-adhesive pad is designed for permanent installation and is extremely difficult to remove (it cannot be reused). Before attaching the stereo to the Puck mount, allow the adhesive to bond to the mounting surface for 72 hours.
Rechargeable Lithium Battery: The Fusion Stereo/Active speaker system is powered by an internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can provide up to 20 hours of playback. The internal lithium-ion battery can be recharged using the supplied AC power adapter or the optional 12V car adapter (917SACLA, sold separately). It takes approximately 3 hours to full charge the battery. The charging LED will turn off when fully charged.
Note: The battery will not charge when outside the temperature range of 50°F to 113°F.
Optional Active/Safe: Fusion's Active/Safe provides a convenient watertight storage area for your iPhone (up to 7S Plus), Android smartphone (as big as the Samsung Galaxy S7), car keys, credit cards and other similar sized valuables. The Active/Safe mount underneath the Stereo/Active speaker system and can also mount to Fusion's Puck-mount. Like the Stereo/Active speaker system, the Active/Safe is IPX7 water resistant and is designed to float if it falls overboard.
Optional ANT Wireless Remote: The Fusion ARX Remote (MS-ARX70, sold separately) is an ANT wireless stereo remote. ANT is an ultra-low-power (ULP) wireless networking protocol operating in the 2.4GHz band with a wireless range of 33'. Able to interface with the Fusion Stereo/Active speaker system, the ARX Remote provides wireless volume and source control.
2 questions already asked