About the Fusion MS-SRX400
Expand your Apollo audio system
Expand your Apollo audio system
If you want to build a cutting-edge multi-zone audio system on your boat, Fusion's Apollo Series has everything you need. Start with a Fusion MS-RA770 or MS-RA670 touchscreen marine receiver, then add one or more of these MS-SRX400 zone receivers in other zones on your boat. You can sync up all the music on the boat with Fusion's PartyBus™ feature, or use each MS-SRX400 as an individual entertainment source. You can use its built-in amp to power stereo speakers in your zone, or use the preamp outputs to add amps to power the speakers and a sub.
It's all about the app
Fusion-Link, the industry standard protocol for marine audio integration and control, lets you control your entertainment directly from marine multi-function displays, compatible Apple or Android devices, and Garmin watches. You can choose from multiple control options and adjust your audio from wherever you are on your boat. One of the best things about Fusion-Link is that you can access the receiver's digital signal processing settings. Fusion's DSP uses precisely calculated loudness curves to let you enjoy a full sound at every volume level without distortion. And your Apollo Series receiver will always be up to date, thanks to over-the-air software updates.
NEW! Fusion Apollo receivers and zone receivers can now stream high-quality audio from compatible Apple devices using Apple Airplay. The feature is standard on newer models, but if you already have a Fusion Apollo Series reveiver, you can add it via a software update from Fusion
Dig your tunes with DSP
One of the best things about Fusion-Link is that it lets you control the receiver's digital signal processing settings. The Fusion DSP's feed-forward limiter anticipates peaks in the audio and automatically adjusts the gain, so you can enjoy full-range audio at every volume level without distortion. You can also customize this zone receiver's sound settings to suit your Fusion speakers or adjust the settings to maximize performance in any area of your boat. With this Apollo Series receiver, everything will sound awesome anywhere you are.
Compact design for sleek installations
The compact Apollo SRX400 can fit into small spaces, so you should have plenty of installation options. Whether you choose a conventional flush installation, or integrate yours into into a glass helm for a premium finish, your marine system will be a lot more awesome.
Your Apollo Series receiver will always be up to date, thanks to over-the-air software updates. All you need to do is use the Fusion-Link app on your smartphone or compatible device.
NEW: Fusion Apollo radios can now stream high-quality audio from compatible Apple devices using Apple Airplay 2.
The Apollo MS-SRX400 zone receiver is designed and engineered using Fusion's True-Marine design philosophy. That means it's more than tough enough for life on the water. The front panel is IPX7-rated for water resistance, and it's also proven to protect against salt fog, temperature, vibration, and damaging UV rays.
Note: The Fusion MS-SRX400 can be used as a stand-alone receiver or integrated into a larger Fusion Apollo marine audio system.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod® or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
This zone receiver will not play CDs.
- marine zone receiver with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- 2.7" LCD color display
- Fusion digital signal processing optimizes sound quality at all listening levels
- works with iPod/iPhone, plus Android and Windows phones
- works with Apple Airplay
- efficient Class D amplifier technology conserves battery power
- PartyBus audio distribution technology when connected to Fusion MS-RA770 or MS-RA670 digital media receivers
- digital signal processing lets you tune your system
- AM/FM tuner
- plays MP3, M4A, and FLAC files
- remote control
- IPX7 water-resistant face
- works with FUSION-Link and ERX remote controls
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier: 35 watts RMS/70 peak x 2 channels
- outputs: 3-channel preamp outputs (right, left, and sub)
- over-the-air software updates via the free Fusion-Link app or USB
- Ethernet port
- multi-language interface: English/French/German/Spanish/Dutch /Italian
- mounting hardware included
- cutout: 3.25" W x 2.0"H
- nose width: 4.1875"
- nose height: 2.75"
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01983-00
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver
- Wiring harness
- 4 Screws
- 2 End-caps
- Rubber cover
- Quick Start Manual
- Installation Instructions
- Mounting Template
- Important Safety and Product Information
Fusion MS-SRX400 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fusion MS-SRX400
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||0|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||N/A|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||26 watts|
|Peak Output||70 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Display Color||Full Color|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||N/A|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Apollo Series SXR400: The MS-SRX400 combines the latest design, engineering and powerful feature set of Fusion's Apollo Series in a compact, versatile form factor. With built-in WiFi & Bluetooth audio streaming, Fusion's Digital Signal Processing, PartyBus connectivity, a built-in AM/FM tuner, and over-the-air software updates, the Apollo MS-SRX400 is the perfect combination of intelligent design and superior sound in a compact zone stereo.
- True-Marine Designed & Engineered: Built on Fusion's True-Marine design philosophy, the MS-SRX400 has an IPX7 water resistant front-panel, and has been tested to a high level for protection against salt fog, temperature, vibration and UV protection.
- Optically Bonded 2.7" LCD: The 2.7" color LCD is optically bonded to improve durability and protection against condensation and fogging. The 2.7" screen has been optimized for daylight viewing and offers brightness adjustment. The color LCD indicates source and menu selection, as well as displays song/artist info (including album art).
- Front-Panel Controls: Six push-buttons and a 3-way rotary knob provide control of the MS-SRX400 from its front-panel. The 3-way rotary knob does double-duty as a volume control and menu selector. The push-buttons provide power on/off, menu screen, source selection, and playback control (including Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track).
Available Sources: The Apollo Series MS-SRX400 offers built-in WiFi, AirPlay 2, and Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming, as well as a built-in AM/FM tuner.
- Built-in WiFi with UPnP Support: The Fusion MS-SRX400 offers high quality audio streaming via WiFi (2.4GHz), delivering a higher data transfer rate in comparison with Bluetooth. The MS-SRX400 supports UPnP for wireless streaming of MP3, AAC, WAV, and FLAC audio files from a UPnP compatible source device (such as your Windows PC or media server). The receiver will provide control and song/artist display of your UPnP music content.
- Apple AirPlay 2 (firmware update available): Through a firmware update you can now stream high quality audio seamlessly via Apple AirPlay 2 over WiFi from your compatible Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device to the MS-SRX400. You'll be able to stream your Apple Music or your favorite music apps from your Apple iOS device to the MS-SRX400 with song/artist/album info display (including album art). You will need to download the latest firmware update from the Fusion website onto a USB thumbdrive and then insert the thumbdrive into the USB port of the MS-XRX400.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Fusion MS-SRX400 marine
stereo features built-in Bluetooth 3.0 with support for wireless music streaming
from almost any Bluetooth-enable device (such as your smartphone or tablet). The
MS-SRX400 supports wireless audio playback (AD2P 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.3) of
a Bluetooth-enabled device. The MS-SRX400 will wirelessly play back stored
music, music apps, and other audio on your Bluetooth source device. With an
effective range of 10 Mtrs (33ft), you can enjoy seamless streaming of your
favorite audio tracks without having to return to the stereo to change tracks.
- Control: The unit will be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Skip Next/Previous. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth source device.
- Display: Song/artist information, along with Album Art is displayed on the receiver's LCD screen.
- Pairing: You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth devices, but only one can be connected and used for playback at a time.
- AM/FM Tuner: The Apollo Series MS-RA770 marine stereo
features a built-in AM/FM radio that offers manual, seek, and preset tuning.
You can store up to 15 FM station presets and 15 AM station presets. You can
select between US and European tuning. Separate marine antenna is required
and sold separately.
Notes: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls. It does not offer an Aux input or USB ports.
PartyBus: PartyBus is Fusion's wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) network audio distribution system of the future. The power of PartyBus kicks in when you add more PartyBus-enabled stereos (via a wired or wireless network connection) to your marine entertainment system. Each additional PartyBus-enabled stereo gives you the option to join Party Mode and play the same perfectly synced audio source through the vessel. Or, you can select Personal Mode and listen to available audio sources from your stereo in the area of your choice without disrupting Party Mode in the other areas of the vessel.
- You can connect up to eight Fusion PartyBus devices (including the MS-RA670, MS-RA770 and MS-SRX400) on one network.
- At least one Apollo MS-RA670 or MS-RA770 stereo is required in the PartyBus network.
- The MS-SRX400 can stream from a Fusion PartyBus stereo (such as the MS-RA670 or MS-RA770), but cannot stream sources to other Fusion PartyBus devices on the network.
- Fusion PartyBus devices cannot control the speaker volume of another stereo. You can only adjust the volume of speakers or speaker zones connect directly to the PartyBus stereo.
Note: AirPlay 2 is not supported over PartyBus.
2Ch Class-D Amplifier with 3Ch Pre-Outs: The Fusion MS-SRX400 is equipped with a Class-D amplifier that is rated at 26 watts (RMS) x 2 channels into 4 ohm or 43 watts (RMS) x 2-channels into 2 ohm. It is also equipped with 3ch pre-outs (Left, Right, & Sub). The subwoofer pre-out provide independent volume and crossover control. The MS-SRX400's speaker and line-level outputs are configured for a single zone (not multi-zone compatible).
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): Fusion digital signal processing (DSP) produces superior sound quality in the outdoor marine environment. The power of Fusion DSP enables the optimization of Fusion speakers in each audio zone on your vessel, giving you premium audio delivery to all Fusion speakers in any environment. Every step of the audio chain is optimized through calculations by Fusion's audio engineers to deliver a technically superior listening experience, without the need for you to have a technical understanding. Using environmental information and customized Fusion speaker profiles, you can now achieve customized, optimized audio for any area of your boat, resulting in an entertainment system that is perfectly tuned for premium audio reproduction, and programmed to protect your system season after season.
- Feed-Forward Limiter: The Feed-Forward Limiter anticipates a peak in the audio and adjusts the gain to avoid distortion, at any volume level.
- Volume Equalizer: The Volume Equalizer precisely calculates loudness curves optimized for the human ear to ensure quality, full-range audio at every volume level.
- Speaker Profiling: Customized Fusion speaker profiles enables the optimization of Fusion speakers in each audio zone on your vessel, giving you premium audio delivery to all Fusion speakers.
- Environmental Profiling: Using environmental information you can achieve customized and optimized audio for any area of your boat, resulting in an entertainment system that is perfectly tuned for premium audio reproduction.
- Tone Control: The MS-SRX400 offers Bass, Midrange, and Treble adjustment; as well as a Loudness control.
Optional Ethernet Remote Control: The Fusion Apollo MS-ERX400 (917ERX400, sold separately) adds wired remote control for intuitive and integrated operation of the MS-SRX400 from any zone on board your boat. This wired remote control can either connect to a single stereo or it can connect to the Fusion PartyBus network to view and control all of the stereos on the network. Enjoy synchronized audio playback of one audio source across all Apollo Series stereos connected to the same network, with individual and independent volume control for each stereo. The Apollo MS-ERX400 can also be used to turn on or off any Apollo Series stereo or remote connected on the network.
Fusion-Link App: Setting up your DSP profiles is made simple with the free Fusion-Link app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android 2.2+) or with a custom-made Fusion-Link PC app for OEM boat builders. With just a few clicks, you can set up the preconfigured DSP profile once and get back to enjoying what you love on the water, while listening to high quality audio customized for your ears and the environment. The Fusion-Link app also lets you adjust volume level, change the source, control playback, select and manage radio presets, and adjust menu settings from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Note: The app can communicate with the MS-SRX400 over a wireless Bluetooth or WiFi connection.
Over-The-Air (OTA) Software Updates: The Apollo Series is intelligently simple and always up-to-date, thanks to the over-the-air (OTA) software updates available from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device via the free Fusion-Link app.
Compact Design: The compact Apollo MS-SRX400 zone stereo is designed for installation where minimal space is available, providing high quality audio reproduction from a compact form factor, either in a conventional flush installation, or integrated into a glass helm for a premium finish. The MS-SRX400 requires a rectangular cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. The marine receiver has a shallow mounting depth, perfect for space conscious installation on small boats and personal watercraft, where this is especially crucial.
- Chassis Dimensions: 3.25" (w) x 2.0" (h) x 4.0" (d)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 4.1875" (w) x 2.75" (h) x 0.875" (d)
Note: Four screws (supplied) fasten the faceplate against the mounting surface, and hold the waterproof gasket against the bulkhead. A paper template is supplied to assist you with the cutout and drilling the screw holes.
10 questions already asked