About the Fusion MS-UNIDOCK
Smart storage for smartphones
Smart storage for smartphones
If you use a smartphone or another portable device to play music on your boat, you know that finding a safe place to stash it can be a hassle. And, on the outside chance you do find a place, you just know your next new device isn't going to fit there. Fusion's Marine Uni-Dock™ can solve that problem.
The large tray can house a variety of media devices
This innovative holder provides a secure home for the widest array of smart phones, media players and USB devices on the market. Designed to work with Fusion's MS-AV7000, MS-AV700i, MS-IP700i and MS-RA205 receivers, the Uni-Dock lets you enjoy music and more from a wide variety of Apple and supported MTP-enabled Android and Windows smartphones.
Designed for a variety of devices
The secret is the large tray size, which charges and protects a variety of devices with dimensions up to 5-9/16" long, 2-3/4" wide, and 1/2" tall, including the Samsung Galaxy S8 and iPhone® X. You'll find three adapter cables included in the package: Apple 30-Pin, Apple Lightning, and MicroUSB. More products are being added to the compatibility list all the time.
The Uni-Dock has Fusion's True Marine™ rating, which means it's designed and tested especially for harsh marine environments. When mounted in a bulkhead, it's rated at IPx5 for water resistance, so you know it's ready for salt, spray and everything else life on the water can dish out.
Note: A software upgrade is required for MTP support, Visit the Fusion site to download the appropriate software for your Fusion Marine Stereo.
- holds a variety of smart phones, media players and USB devices
- comes with Apple 30-pin, Apple Lightning, and MicroUSB cords
- maximum device size: 5-9/16"L x 2-3/4"W x 1/2"H
- designed to Fusion True Marine standards
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MS-UNIDOCK
What's in the box:
- Marine media dock (w/ attached 6' USB cable)
- Gasket (installed)
- 5.5" microUSB to USB cable
- 6" 30-pin to USB cable
- 5.5" Lightning to USB cable
- 4 Screws
- Warranty Information
- Mounting Template
Fusion MS-UNIDOCK reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fusion MS-UNIDOCK
Fusion Marine UNI-Dock: The Fusion MS-UNIDOCK allows users to enjoy on-the-water entertainment from an extensive range of Apple and supported MTP-enabled Android smartphones when its connected to a compatible Fusion marine stereo that features a rear-panel USB port, while also providing protection for your mobile device from the harsh marine environment.
Marine Certified: The MS-UNIDOCK features Fusion's "True Marine" stamp, meaning it's designed and tested especially for harsh marine environments, rated IPx5 Water resistant (on the front when correctly bulkhead mounted).
Head Unit Compatibility: The Fusion MS-UNIDOCK is compatible with Fusion's MS-AV650, MS-AV750, MS-RA70, MS-RA70N, MS-BB100, MS-BB300, MS-AV7000, MS-AV700i, MS-IP700i, and MS-RA205 marine receivers.
Note: Your compatible Fusion marine stereo may require a software upgrade to support MTP playback functionality.
Device Compatibility: The Fusion MS-UNIDOCK features an internal USB (type-A) port and includes three adapter cables to provide convenient connection to a wide range of supported devices.
- microUSB to USB Cable (5.5"): Supports connection of a variety of MTP compatible Android smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5, HTC One, LG Nexus 4, and Sony Xperia Z. Also, supports connection of Windows Nokia Lumina 920.
- Apple Lightning to USB Cable (5.5"): Supports connection of Apple's iPhone (5/5C/5S, 6S+/6S/6+/6, 7/7+, 8/8+, X); iPod touch (5th/6th gen); and iPod nano (7th gen)
- Apple 30-pin to USB Cable (6"): Supports connection of Apple's iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 3G/3GS, iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th gen), and iPod nano (4th/5th/6th gen), iPod classic (80/120/160GB).
- USB Port: You can also simply connect a USB thumbdrive (FAT32/NTFS) directly to the MS-Undocks internal USB port without need for an additional cable.
Note: Only devices that feature bottom mounted connectors are supported; devices with side connectors are not supported.
Tray Size: The MS-UNIDOCK features an internal tray which protects your mobile device. The generous tray size accommodates a variety of devices, including the Samsung Galaxy S8 and iPhone X, with more products gaining compatibility constantly. The tray measures 5.5625" (w) x 0.5" (h) x 2.75" (d).
USB Connectivity: The Fusion MS-UNIDOCK's internal tray features a USB (type-A) port which allows you to connect either one of the three included cables and your Apple or Android device; or simply plug in a USB thumbdrive directly to this USB port. The MS-UNIDOCK also features an attached 6' USB cable terminated by a male USB (type-A) connector which plugs into the USB (type-A) port on the back of your compatible Fusion marine stereo for playback, control, display, and charging.
Bulkhead Mount: The Fusion MS-UNIDOCK requires a rectangular cutout in the bulkhead. Four screws (supplied) fasten the MS-UNIDOCK against the mounting surface, and hold the waterproof gasket against the bulkhead. A paper template is supplied to assist you with the cutout and drilling the screw holes.
- Cutout Width = 5.0625"
- Cutout Height = 1.6875"
- Cutout Depth = 6.1875"
- Nose Width = 6.1875"
- Nose Height = 2.6875"
- Nose Depth = 1.0" (5.125" when opened)
- Screw Holes = 5.375" (w) x 1.875" (h) apart
Note: There needs to be 1.0625" of space left below the unit's front-panel in order to allow the hinged door to open.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked