About the Fusion WB670
A hideaway receiver with standout performance
A hideaway receiver with standout performance
With the Fusion Apollo™ WB670 digital media receiver, you'll get standout sound and connectivity from a hideaway system that fits behind your boat's dash. This marine-rated unit packs a ton of cool, high-tech features, including Fusion's DSP technology, enhanced PartyBus™ Network capabilities, Wi-Fi® audio streaming with Apple® AirPlay® 2, over-the-air software updates via the Fusion-Link™ app and SiriusXM capability. It's a whole lot of awesome in a compact package.
Remote not included
You can control the Apollo WB670 using a Fusion Apollo ERX400 wired remote (not included). If you're building a more streamlined system, the WB670 can connect to a compatible Garmin MFD via Ethernet or NMEA 2000®. If you're building a big system, you can enjoy perfectly synced music everywhere on a larger boat by wirelessly connecting multiple Fusion zone stereos via Fusion's PartyBus™ audio distribution technology.
Control it all with the Fusion-Link app
Fusion-Link is the industry standard protocol for marine audio integration and control. This free app lets you control your entertainment directly from marine multi-function displays, compatible Apple or Android devices, and Garmin watches. You can choose from multiple control options and adjust your audio from wherever you are on your boat.
Your Apollo Series receiver will always be up to date, thanks to over-the-air software updates. All you need to do is use the Fusion-Link app on your smartphone or compatible device.
Hear the difference DSP makes
One of the best things about Fusion-Link is that it lets you control the receiver's digital signal processing settings. The Fusion DSP's feed-forward limiter anticipates peaks in the audio and automatically adjusts the gain, so you can enjoy full-range audio at every volume level without distortion. You can also customize this multi-zone receiver's sound settings to suit your Fusion speakers or adjust the settings to maximize performance in any area of your boat. With this Apollo Series receiver, everything will sound amazing anywhere you are.
Scads of source options
How do you listen to your music these days? Whatever the answer, the Apollo WB670 can probably handle it. There's AM/FM radio, of course, plus Bluetooth, UPnP, and an optical digital audio input. Plug a device in to the AUX or USB connections, or listen to your favorite SiriusXM programming (subscription and tuner required). And perhaps best of all, you can also stream high-quality audio from compatible Apple devices using Apple Airplay 2.
Get into a zone
The WB670 lets you control the sound in three independent audio zones, so you can customize your listening experience all around the boat. Each localized menu lets you control volume limits, zone naming, zone disabling, and more. The built-in amplifier powers Zones and 1 and 2, but you'll find a Left, Right, and Sub preamp output for each of the three zones. Those line-outs will require additional amplification, so talk to a Crutchfield Advisor for more information about building a system.
It's easy to keep your Apollo Series receiver up to date. Just download the latest firmware update from the Fusion website onto a USB thumb drive and then insert it into the USB port.
The Apollo WB670 is designed and engineered using Fusion's True-Marine design philosophy. That means it's more than tough enough to stand up against salt fog, temperature, vibration, and damaging UV rays.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- hideaway marine digital media receiver with built-in Bluetooth
- remote is not included (required for operation)
- can be connected to other Apollo Series receivers and remotes with a network cable and/or router
- built-in Fusion DSP optimizes sound quality at all listening levels
- multi-zone control lets you tune three audio zones
- works with iPod/iPhone, plus Android and Windows phones
- efficient Class D amplifier technology conserves battery power
- PartyBus™ audio distribution technology
- AM/FM tuner
- plays MP3, AAC, M4A, and FLAC files
- works with Apple Airplay when connected to a Wi-Fi network
- remote control
- water-resistant design
- works with FUSION-Link and NRX remote controls
- plugs into your existing NMEA 2000 network
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- works with existing Wi-Fi systems
- inputs: rear USB port; AUX input (RCA); digital optical input
- outputs: 3-zone audio — left, right, and sub outs for each zone (line outs require separate amplification)
- Ethernet port
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier: 26 watts RMS at 4 ohms/43 watts at 2 ohms/70 peak x 4 channels
- internal amp powers Zones 1 and 2
- over-the-air software updates via the free Fusion-Link app or USB
- can be controlled with a Garmin smart watch
- multi-language interface: English/French/German/Spanish/Dutch /Italian
- mounting hardware included
- dimensions: 5.125"W x 2.1875"H x 6.375"D (including cable connections)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02346-00
What's in the box:
- Hide-away amp/source unit (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Zone 1/ Zone 2 harness
- Zone 3 harness
- 7' NMEA2000 cable
- 4 Screws
- Quick Start Manual
- Installation Instructions
- Fusion Link Brochure
- Important Safety and Product Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fusion WB670
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 3.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||26 watts|
|Peak Output||70 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givenHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||N/A|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, AAC, FLAC, WaV|
True-Marine Designed & Engineered: Built on Fusion's True-Marine design philosophy and back by a 3-year warranty, the Apollo Series MS-WB670 has passed stringent pressure and water-tightness tests (IPX2), while also being tested to a high level for protection against salt fog, temperature, vibration, and UV. IPX2 certification means the MS-WB670 can resist light water spray at a 15° angle or less.
Compact Hide-Away Design: The Fusion MS-WB670 hide-away amplifier/source unit eliminates the need for a stereo to be present on the dash of your boat with control from a compatible wired remote commander or Garmin MFD. The Fusion MS-WB670 features a compact, space-saving form factor that can be hidden away behind the dash or mounted in a variety of locations like storage lockers, inside of the helm console or a glovebox compartment. The unit features integrated mounting brackets and comes with four screws. When selecting a mounting location for the device, observe these considerations.
- Because the MS-WB670 is designed to be hidden away it only carries an IPX2 certification for light water spray. The unit should not be mounted where it will be submerged or exposed to constant or heavy water spray.
- You must mount the device in a location with adequate ventilation where it is not exposed to extreme temperatures.
- To achieve IPX2 water ingress protection, you must mount the device on a vertical surface with the connectors pointing downward. You can mount the device on a horizontal surface, but such positioning might not achieve IPX2 water ingress protection.
- To avoid interference with a magnetic compass, you must mount the device at least 6" away from a compass.
Note: The MS-WB670 hide-away amplifier/source unit measures 5.125" (w) x 2.1875" (h) x 6.375" (d) - including cable connections.
Fusion-Link Wired Control: The Apollo Series MS-WB670 hide-away amplifier/source unit does not include any physical controls and requires direct stereo control from a compatible wired remote commander via Ethernet or supported Multi-Function Display (MFD) via NMEA2000.
- Optional Ethernet Remote Control: The Fusion Apollo MS-ERX400 (917ERX400, sold separately) adds wired remote control for intuitive and integrated operation of the MS-WB670 from any zone on board your boat. This wired remote control can either connect to a single stereo or it can connect to the Fusion PartyBus network to view and control all of the stereos on the network. Enjoy synchronized audio playback of one audio source across all Apollo Series stereos connected to the same network, with individual and independent volume control for each stereo. The Apollo MS-ERX400 can also be used to turn on or off any Apollo Series stereo or remote connected on the network.
- Optional NMEA2000 Remote Control: Install a MS-NRX300 Wired Remote (917NRX300, sold separately) in each of the independent audio zones of your vessel, for localized zone volume level and global source control. Control each audio zone independently from multiple remotes connected to your Fusion MS-WB670 marine stereo, or manage the entire entertainment experience from a single remote control. Up to 3 MS-NRX300 wired remotes can be connected to the MS-WB670.
- Fusion-Link via NMEA2000: The MS-WB670 marine stereo supports Fusion-link via a NMEA2000 network. Fusion-Link is the industry standard for entertainment integration onboard the worlds most respected boating brands, developed by Fusion Electronics and supported by leading marine electronics manufacturers. Fusion-Link allows a certified Multi-Function Display (MFD) the ability to integrate with, and utilize Fusion's specialized entertainment functionality, creating a centralized control station for the entire vessel and a more user-friendly experience.
Optional ANT Wireless Remote: The Fusion ARX Remote (MS-ARX70, sold separately) is an ANT wireless stereo remote. ANT is an ultra-low-power (ULP) wireless networking protocol operating in the 2.4GHz band with a wireless range of 33'. Able to interface with compatible Fusion stereos, the ARX Remote can control playback in up to four audio zones.
Wireless App Control: The MS-WB670 marine stereo offers wireless control from your Apple iOS, Android OS, or Garmin watch device through free downloadable apps.
- Fusion-Link Remote App: Once downloaded, the Fusion-Link Remote Control App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android 4.4+) will allow navigation of all music sources, independent audio zones, and multiple Fusion Entertainment Systems connected to the same NMEA2000 network or via Bluetooth from your Apple iOS or Android device. Navigate albums, artists and playlists with the same ease as navigation of the Fusion marine interface, iPod and iPhone Album art is even displayed on screen.
- Fusion-Link Lite App: Download the free Fusion-Link Lite app from the Connect IQ Store to enable wireless control via ANT technology from a compatible Garmin watch (sold separately).
Over-The-Air (OTA) Software Updates: The Apollo Series is intelligently simple and always up-to-date, thanks to the over-the-air (OTA) software updates available from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device via the free Fusion-Link app.
Network Connectivity: The Fusion MS-WB670 is outfitted with an Ethernet (RJ45) jack for a wired connection to a WiFi router so you can wirelessly connect to Apple AirPlay 2 iOS devices and UPnP supported devices.
- Apple AirPlay 2: You can stream high quality audio seamlessly via Apple AirPlay 2 over WiFi from your compatible Apple iOS (11.4+) device to the Apollo MS-WB670. You'll be able to stream your Apple Music or your favorite music apps from your Apple iOS device to the MS-WB670 with song/artist/album info display (including album art) on a compatible wired remote commander or Garmin MFD.
- UPnP Support: The Apollo Series MS-WB670 offers high quality audio streaming over a network connection delivering a higher data transfer rate in comparison with Bluetooth. The MS-WB670 supports UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) for streaming of MP3, AAC, WAV, and FLAC audio files from a UPnP compatible source device - (such as a Windows PC or media server. A compatible wired remote commander or Garmin MFD will provide control and song/artist display of your UPnP music content.
Note: The MS-WB670 does offer built-in WiFi. In order to support Apple AirPlay 2 and UPnP, the MS-WB670 will need to be connected to a wireless network WiFi router via an Ethernet cable.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Fusion MS-WB670 marine stereo features built-in Bluetooth 3.0 with support for wireless music streaming from almost any Bluetooth-enable device (such as your smartphone or tablet). The MS-WB670 supports wireless audio playback (AD2P 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.3) of a Bluetooth-enabled device. The MS-WB670 will wirelessly play back stored music, music apps, and other audio on your Bluetooth source device. With an effective range of 10 Mtrs (33ft), you can enjoy seamless streaming of your favorite audio tracks without having to return to the stereo to change tracks. You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth devices, but only one can be connected and used for playback at a time.
- Control: From a compatibled wired remote commander or Garmin MFD, you will be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Skip Next/Previous. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth source device.
- Display: Song/artist information, along with Album Art can be displayed on a compatible wired remote commander or Garmin MFD.
- Pairing: You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth devices, but only one can be connected and used for playback at a time.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
USB Port: The Fusion MS-WB670 features a USB (type-A) port for connection of a of USB MSC or MTP device, such as USB thumbdrives and select Android smartphones. The unit supports playback of a variety of music files loaded onto a USB MSC or MTP device. You can control playback and search functions, as well as view song/artist display (including Album Art) from a compatible wired remote commander or Garmin MFD. The unit will also chare your USB enabled device while connected; the USB port is rated at 5V/1A. Purchase Fusion's MS-CBUSBFM1 USB extension cable (917USBFM1, sold separately) for easier access to the unit's USB port.
- MSC Playback: The MS-WB670's USB port enables playback & control of MP3, AAC, WAV, and FLAC music files stored on a USB MSC device, such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 32GB). Your USB MSC device must be formatted in FAT 32 or NTFS.
- MTP Playback: The MS-WB670's USB port also enables playback & control of stored MP3 and AAC music files on your portable USB MTP device, like your newer Android smartphone (w/ OS 4.0+) through the Fusion head unit. Music files must be located in a folder using one of the following names - My Music, My_Music, mobile, or Music. You cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support connection of Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android AOA devices, USB hubs, or card-readers.
Optical Digital Input: The unit's optical (toslink) digital input allows you to connect a TV or DVD player to the MS-WB670 for audio playback. Your TV or DVD player's optical digital output must be set to 2ch PCM. The MS-WB670's optical digital input does not support Dolby Digital or DTS.
Aux Input: Fusion's Apollo Series MS-WB670 is outfitted with a stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting an external audio device. The stereo Aux input allows for a wide range of input levels thanks to its adjustable input gain (-9 to +9 dB).
SiriusXM Ready: The MS-WB670 is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready, so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately) to the dedicated SiriusXM port on the rear of the head unit and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. With the SiriusXM Connect tuner you'll have access to more than 140 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. The following features and functions are supported by a compatible wired remote commander or Garmin MFD.
- Channel/Category Lists & Presets: The Channel List displays a list of all available channels. The Category List displays all available categories and stations within those categories. You can store up to 15 SiriusXM Satellite Radio preset stations for easy recall.
- Song/Artist Info + Instant Replay Displayed information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the unit's LCD. You can replay songs from up to 1 hour past playing, making sure you never have to miss another beat of your favorite tunes.
- TuneStart & TuneMix: With TuneStart you will always hear the song playing on each of your favorite stations from the start, no matter how far along it is when you change the channel. With TuneMix, you can create your own channel from a mix of your favorites to create your very own custom channel. TuneMix also gives you the ability to skip songs back to the last hour you have been listening across all channels in your mix.
- Artist, Song, & Game Alerts: You can choose to receive alerts whenever your favorite artists, songs or sports teams start playing. With SportsFlash, you'll receive key plays and updates from your favorite teams during live games, ensuring you never have to miss the best moments
- Parental Control: The SiriusXM Parental Control feature allows you to control access to channels that you consider inappropriate for younger listeners. When enabled, The Parental Control feature requires you to enter a 4-digit passcode to tune to the locked channels.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
AM/FM Tuner: The Apollo Series MS-WB670 marine stereo features a built-in AM/FM radio that offers manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 15 FM station presets and 15 AM station presets. You can select between US and European tuning.
PartyBus: The MS-WB670 also features Fusion's signature PartyBus Network capabilities that gives you the freedom of musical choice across the entire boat, especially when there are multiple PartyBus-enabled stereo options onboard. For advanced control, new PartyBus-Network functions like Stereo Grouping, Volume Control, Power Options and Home Zone have been added for seamless navigation of the boat's entire audio network.
- Stereo Grouping: The Stereo Grouping feature allows you to link up multiple Apollo Series stereos connected to the same network and play the same audio source synchronized across all stereos. Multiple groups can be created for a personalized audio entertainment experience.
- Volume Control: You can scroll through available zones on your boat and enjoy independent volume control to customize your listening experience, or select ALL volume to adjust a group of stereos at once.
- Power Options: PartyBus lets you to turn on any connected Apollo Series stereo on the PartyBus-Network remotely from another Apollo Series stereo.
- Home Zone. The "Home Zone" is the physical zone on board your boat where the stereo is installed. After adjusting audio in another zone, the stereo will default back to audio control of the "Home Zone" after a period of inactivity.
- You can connect up to eight Fusion PartyBus devices (including the MS-WB670, MS-WB670, MS-RA770 and MS-SRX400) on one network.
- At least one Apollo MS-WB670, MS-RA770, or MS-WB670 stereo is required in the PartyBus network.
- The MS-SRX400 (sold separately) can stream from a Fusion PartyBus stereo (such as the MS-WB670, MS-WB670 or MS-RA770), but cannot stream sources to other Fusion PartyBus devices on the network.
- AirPlay 2 is not an available source via PartyBus.
Class-D Amplifier: The Fusion Apollo Series MS-WB670 is equipped with a Class-D amplifier rated at 26 watts (RMS)/70 watts (Peak) x 4 channel for Zone 1 and Zone 2. Up to two pairs of speakers can be connected in parallel in each Zone (a zone can support no more than four speakers using the on-board amplifier). Each Zone has independent volume control.
9Ch/5.5V Pre-outs: The Apollo Series MS-WB670 is also equipped with stereo RCA Zone 1, Zone 2, and Zone 3 pre-outs for connection of external amplifiers and speakers in four separate locations on your watercraft; plus a mono-Sub pre-out for each zone (that's a total of nine pre-outs). Each pre-out is rated at 5.5 volts and each Zone provides independent volume control. The subwoofer pre-outs provide further volume and crossover control.
Multi-Zone Technology: Three independent audio zones are available for a customized listening experience across your vessel, each with advanced localized menu controls including volume limits, zone naming, disabling zones and more. Zone 1 and Zone 2 provide amplified speaker level outputs, as well as line-level pre-outs. Zone 3 offers line-level pre-outs only. The full-range and subwoofer line-level outputs of each Zone will require additional amplification.
Note: Up to six independent audio zones are available by connecting two Apollo WB670's via Ethernet to a router or Ethernet switch. You will be able to control both Apollo WB670's from a compatible wired remote commander or Garmin MFD.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): Fusion digital signal processing (DSP) produces superior sound quality in the outdoor marine environment. The power of Fusion DSP enables the optimization of Fusion speakers in each audio zone on your vessel, giving you premium audio delivery to all Fusion speakers in any environment. Every step of the audio chain is optimized through calculations by Fusion's audio engineers to deliver a technically superior listening experience, without the need for you to have a technical understanding. Using environmental information and customized Fusion speaker profiles, you can now achieve customized, optimized audio for any area of your boat, resulting in an entertainment system that is perfectly tuned for premium audio reproduction, and programmed to protect your system season after season.
- Feed-Forward Limiter: The Feed-Forward Limiter anticipates a peak in the audio and adjusts the gain to avoid distortion, at any volume level.
- Volume Equalizer: The Volume Equalizer precisely calculates loudness curves optimized for the human ear to ensure quality, full-range audio at every volume level.
- Speaker Profiling: Customized Fusion speaker profiles enables the optimization of Fusion speakers in each audio zone on your vessel, giving you premium audio delivery to all Fusion speakers.
- Environmental Profiling: Using environmental information you can achieve customized and optimized audio for any area of your boat, resulting in an entertainment system that is perfectly tuned for premium audio reproduction.
Independent Zone Audio Settings: You can set the balance, volume limit, tone, subwoofer level, subwoofer frequency, and name for each zone, and configure other zone-specific settings. The Loud setting maintains frequency response at low volumes, and increased perceived loudness at high volumes.