About the V-MODA REMIX
Italian design, sophisticated sound
Italian design, sophisticated sound
There's no mistaking Italian design, whether it's fashion, cars, or even Bluetooth speakers. Milano-based V-MODA presents their REMIX speaker, which delivers on style and sound quality.
Headphone amplification from headphone experts
This is the first Bluetooth speaker we've seen with a built-in high-powered headphone amplifier. Maybe that's not surprising since we've long been impressed by V-MODA's cool headphone lineup. Plug in your favorite pair of headphones, and enjoy much more robust sound than you typically get from a smartphone or computer.
Pairing and playing options
You can simultaneously pair two devices to the REMIX, so you and a friend can take turns playing tunes. Use the included audio cable to connect two REMIX speakers together for bigger sound. Want it even louder? You can daisy-chain an unlimited number of REMIX speakers together via their included audio cables.
Hands-free calls and voice commands
The REMIX lets you enjoy hands-free conversations through your paired smartphone. The speaker's built-in omnidirectional microphone ensures your caller will hear you clearly no matter where you stand in relation to the REMIX.
The REMIX is also compatible with Apple® Siri® and Google Assistant, so you can control your paired smartphone just by talking.
Remix the look
The REMIX comes with two sets of REMIXRings, one black and one orange. Swap them out to change the look of your speaker. Want to go further? V-MODA offers a variety of 3D-printed options for the REMIX, including grilles, legs, and shell housings. Some are even available in precious metals
- built-in Bluetooth with a range of 33 feet
- dual glass fiber drivers with passive bass radiator
- speaker wattage: 9 watts x 2
- built-in headphone amplifier offers much higher output than the typical smartphone or computer
- headphone amp wattage: 83mW x 2
- impedance: 12.8 ohms
- 3.5mm stereo minijack for headphones
- built-in omni-directional microphone
- make hands-free calls with your paired smartphone
- compatible with Apple Siri and OK Google voice assistants
- compatible with Amazon Alexa Echo Dot
- pair via Bluetooth or with included audio cable
- simultaneously pair with 2 devices
- top-mounted control buttons
- daisy-chain an unlimited number of REMIX speakers for bigger sound
- 55" audio cable with 45° gold-plated plugs to connect with second REMIX (1 cable included per speaker)
- includes 4 REMIXRings to change look of speaker (2 black and 2 orange) for customizing the speaker's look
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 10 hours
- 79" USB-A-to-USB-C charging cable
- 8-1/8"W x 3-11/16"H x 2-5/8"D
- weight: 1.57 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Remix Silver
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth speaker (silver)
- 80" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- 57" Stereo mini cable (45-degree angled 3.5mm plugs on each end)
- 2 Black Remix Rings (installed)
- 2 Orange Remix Rings
- User's Manual
- Quick Start
- Registration card
More details on the V-MODA REMIX
Overview: The V-Moda Remix wireless speaker connects to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. With dual glass fiber drivers and a passive bass radiator, you get clear full sound and a three-dimensional soundstage. The Remix also has a built-in headphone amplifier for powering full-sized headphones. The speaker is powered by a rechargeable battery with fast USB-C charging. The speaker cabinet has a sleek silver aluminum finish.
Drivers: The Remix wireless speaker features a glass fiber dual-driver with a passive bass radiator for increased accuracy and clarity with low distortion. The 4Ω speaker is powered by a 9 watt x 2 amplifier. The 2.5" x 1.25" racetrack-styled passive radiator is rear-firing.
Battery: The V-Moda Remix is powered by a 3400mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. It charges in approximately 3 hours via the supplied USB-C charging cable to give you over 10 hours of music playback. The top-mounted LED provides an indication of battery strength.
Bluetooth: The wireless speaker has Bluetooth technology with a range of approximately 33 feet. You can simultaneously pair up to two audio devices to the speaker, and switch between them using the play/pause buttons on the devices. Top-mounted controls are provided for pairing the speaker with your devices, as well as controlling volume and music playback. There is also a built-in microphone for hands-free phone calls and summoning Digital Voice Assistants, such as Siri, Google, and Alexa.
Headphone Amplifier: Not only is the Remix a high-quality wireless speaker, it is the world's first with a built-in headphone amplifier. The rear-mounted 3.5mm headphone jack has an 83mW x 2 power output (12.8Ω impedance), multiple times the power of a typical smartphone or computer. You can drive any full-size or high-end headphones from the Remix. This additional power brings out the details and nuances of your music.
Daisy Chaining: You can daisy chain two or more Remix speakers together to extend the soundfield. With the supplied 57" stereo mini cable, you can connect the headphone output (labeled VAMP) of one Remix to the Auxiliary Input (labeled IN) of the next Remix. You can daisy chain an unlimited number of Remix speakers together in this fashion. The Daisy Chain mode can be done with a wireless (Bluetooth) or wired source connection.
Note: In Daisy Chain mode, you cannot separate the stereo channels into left and right speakers.
Customization: The V-Moda Remix can be customized with the two included sets of RemixRings, one orange and one black. Optional 3D printed custom housings, sides, feet, and speaker grilles, all in multiple colors and styles, are available from the manufacturer.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?