About the iRV iRV34
Rock your RV
Rock your RV
What's a road trip without tunes? But you expect more in a fully-equipped RV. iRV's iRV34 multimedia receiver adds HDMI connectivity for video and Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming, along with a CD/DVD drive, SD card slot, and USB port, giving you plenty of options for music and entertainment.
The iRV34 is a direct fit replacement for the stock radio in many RVs.
HDMI input and output
The HDMI interface on the faceplate gives you a no-hassle one-cable hookup for laptops or gaming consoles, and you'll find audio and video inputs there as well. An HDMI output allows you to send video from the receiver to the TV, as well as get audio back from an ARC compatible TV if you're watching a program. This versatile receiver will play MP3, MP4, and JPG files, as well as streaming audio from your Bluetooth-enabled devices. And you can control it all from your phone with an Apple or Android app.
Ins and outs
The receiver also offers two RCA audio outputs that you can connect to an outboard amplified speaker system. You can set up three different speaker zones so you can distribute the sound throughout your RV — and even send a different signal to the third zone. So while everyone inside is checking out a movie, you can relax to your favorite tunes outside. Control it all with the full-featured wireless remote control.
Plug and play
The iRV 34 is a plug-and-play replacement for the Concertone ZX85, ZX75, ZX50, and ZX25 and Genesis GT2.0 and GT1.0 models often found in RVs — the harness from the old radio plugs right into your new iRV.
- multimedia CD/DVD receiver for RVs
- plug-and-play replacement for Concertone ZX85, ZX75, ZX50, and ZX25 and Genesis GT2.0 and GT1.0 receivers
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- AM/FM tuner
- plays MP3, MP4, and JPEG files
- 32 GB capacity for SD card
- 1 TB capacity for USB drive
- 60 watts total peak power to three speaker zones
- inputs: front (minijack) and rear (RCA) audio/video inputs, HDMI 1.4 input, optical digital, front USB, front SD card slot
- outputs: stereo RCA audio outs for external speaker system, composite video out, rear HDMI out, speaker-level sub output
- wireless remote control
- dimensions: 9-5/16"W x 8-3/8"H x 1-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # iRV34
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Remote control (w/ CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 2 Endcaps
- Operation Manual
More details on the iRV iRV34
Disc Player: The iRV34's built-in disc player will support playback of CD-audio and DVD-video discs. It also supports playback of MP3 music files, MP4 video files, and JPEG photo files recorded onto CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW discs. DVD-video will be played back on a connected external monitor (sold separately).
SD Card Slot: The unit's front-panel SD card slot supports playback of MP3 music files, MP4 video files, and JPEG photo files loaded onto a SD or SDHC memory card (up to 32GB). Photos and video will be played back on a connected external monitor (sold separately).
USB Port: The iRV34's front-panel USB (type-A) port supports playback of MP3 music files, MP4 video files, and JPEG photo files stored on a USB mass storage class device, like your USB thumbdrive (up to 1TB). Your USB thumbdrive must be formatted in FAT or FAT32. Photos and video will be played back on a connected external monitor (sold separately). The unit's USB port (5V/0.5A) will also charge many USB-enabled devices.Built-In Bluetooth: The unit features built-in Bluetooth (v2.0) with support for Bluetooth wireless music streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP) of most Bluetooth-enabled devices, plus support for iRV Technologies radio remote app for select Apple iOS & Android.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: Support for Bluetooth A2DP and AVRCP lets you wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet (like Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android) to the iRV34. From the iRV34's front-panel controls, you can operate basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Fast Forward/Rewind. Advanced music navigation and song/artist information is still done from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device.
- iRV Radio Remote App: Download the iRV Radio Remote App onto your Bluetooth-paired Apple iOS (7.0+) or Android (OS 4.3+) device for full control of the iRV34 from your mobile device. From the app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you are able to power on/off receiver, control volume (even mute), select sources, turn on or off Zones 1/2, control DVD playback, and select radio stations.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication. This unit may not be compatible with all Bluetooth audio devices.
Video Inputs: The iRV34 offers both analog and digital video connectivity on the front and rear panel of the unit.
- HDMI Inputs: The iRV34 features a front and rear panel HDMI 1.3 input for connecting an external AV component, such as a Blu-ray player or game system. The unit's HDMI input audio/video signal is passed through the iRV34's HDMI output and to a connected external video monitor and speakers (sold separately). HDMI audio/video is not played back on the iRV34, itself.
- Analog Video Inputs: The unit's front-panel 3.5mm minijack video input and rear-panel composite video input allow you to connect an external video player to the iRV34 and send video out through its composite video outputs to an external video monitor (sold separately).
Audio Inputs: The iRV34 provides both analog and digital audio inputs on the front and rear panel of the unit.
- Analog Inputs: The unit is fitted with a front-panel minijack (3.5mm) aux input and a rear panel stereo RCA input. These analog inputs let you easily connect an external audio device that features an audio or headphone output for playback through the iRV34.
- Optical Digital Input: The unit's rear-panel optical (toslink) digital input can be used to enable digital audio from external AV component with a digital optical output, like a DVD player or TV tuner. The unit's digital input accepts 2ch PCM only.
Apple iOS & Android HDMI Connectivity: You can connect your Apple iOS or MHL-enabled Android device to the iRV34 through its front-panel HDMI input and USB port. However, the audio/video signal can only be heard through a HDMI-connected external monitor & speaker system (not on the iRV34). The following proprietary connector cables are required for Apple iOS or MHL-enabled Android connectivity.
- Apple iOS: If you have a newer iPhone with the Lightning connector, you will need Apple's Lightning Digital AV adapter (sold separately) and the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device; if you have an older 30-pin iPhone 4/4S, you'll need a 30-pin digital AV adapter (sold separately) and the 30-pin dock cable that came with your Apple device. In addition, for both types of iPhones, you will need an HDMI cable (sold separately). The HDMI connector provides the audio/video playback, while the USB connection charges your iPhone device.
- Android: To connect your MHL-enabled Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone, you'll need a Soundstream or Dual HDMI/MHL cable (sold separately) which plugs into both the unit's front-panle HDMI input and USB port. The HDMI connector provides the audio/video playback, while the USB connection charges your Android device. Check here for a list of compatible MHL-enabled Android phones.
AM/FM Tuner: The unit's built-in AM/FM tuner provides 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands. Each band can be manually or auto programmed with 8 stations presets; giving you a total of 24 FM presets and 16 AM presets. The unit also offers manual tuning, seek tuning, and preset scan.
3 Speaker Zones: The iRV34 provides 3 stereo speaker zones. 40 watts/4-ohm (peak) of power is distributed between the zones. You can listen to all zones or turn on only one or two of the zones. A different source can be played back in each zone with independent volume control.
Subwoofer Speaker-Level Output: The iRV34 also provides an amplified speaker-level output for a subwoofer in Zone 1 rated at 40 watts/4-ohm (peak).
HDMI/ARC Output: The iRV34's HDMI 1.3 output allows you to playback audio/video from the unit's built-in disc player, USB port, SD-card slot, or the front/rear panel HDMI inputs on an external monitor/speaker system (sold separately). The HDMI output also supports ARC (Audio Return Channel); this way audio from your connected TV can be played back through the iRV34.
Composite Video Output: The unit's composite video output allow you to playback video from the iRV34's built-in disc player, USB port, SD-card slot, or front-panel video input on an external monitor (sold separately).
Stereo RCA Outputs: The unit's two stereo RCA outputs allow you to playback audio from the iRV34's disc player, USB port, SD-card slot, or front-panel aux input on an external speaker system (sold separately).
Single-Line Display: The iRV34's front-panel, single-line display indicates source selection, station identification, track & elapsed time, volume level, menu settings, and clock. The unit will not display song/artist information.
Clock & Sleep Timer: The iRV34 will display a 12-hour clock and offers a Sleep Timer that will turn of the unit for your after a predetermined period of time.
Remote Control: The unit comes with a 37-button IR remote for wireless operation of the iRV34. Basic playback controls such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Fast Forward/Rewind can be done from the included IR remote or the head units front-panel controls
Remote App: Download the IRV Radio Remote Control app onto your Apple iOS (7.0+) or Android (4.3+) device to control the iRV34 from your mobile device over a Bluetooth connection. You'll be able to power on/off the unit, turn volume up/down (even mute), select sources, change radio stations, switch zones (1/2), and control disc playback from the app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Mounting Options: The iRV34 mounts in your recreational vehicle with six screws (not included) that secure the unit to the dash. Two plastic endcaps are included to hide the screw-holes for a clean looking installation.
Note: The iRV34 has been specifically designed as a replacement for the Concertone ZX85, ZX75, ZX50, and ZX25, plus Genesis GT2.0 GT1.0.
Wiring Harness: Color-coded power and speaker harnesses are included to hardwire the iRV34 in your recreational vehicle.
- Front-Panel: 9.3125" (w) x 8.345" (h) x 1.75" (d)
- Chassis: 7.145" (w) x 7.485" (h) x 5.0625" (d)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
16 questions already asked