About the Behringer NU4-6000
A lightweight chassis with a power punch
A lightweight chassis with a power punch
When I'd help my friend's band set up for a gig, the last thing I wanted to see was a bunch of heavy amps mounted in a back-breaking amp rack. That's why Behringer's iNUKE pro audio amplifiers are such a welcome sight. These highly efficient yet lightweight amps deliver impressive power for any event. And, Behringer backs up their iNUKE amps with a 3-year warranty.
A simple and effective design
Weighing just over 12 pounds, Behringer's NU4-6000 4-channel amplifier pumps out 440 watts per channel at 8 ohms, 860 watts per channel at 4 ohms, and 1600 watts per channel at 2 ohms. Its class D design and "back to front" ventilation system ensure that it will run with virtually no thermal buildup, eliminating the need for the heavy transformers and massive heat sinks found in "old school" amps. This also means you can stack them close together in a rack. The built-in "Zero Attack" limiters let you get the most output, but still protect your speakers from being overdriven.
The NU4-6000 includes built-in crossovers, which can be set to full-range, low-pass for subwoofers, or high-pass for your satellite speakers. Two mode switches let you configure the amp for stereo, mono, or bridged operation depending on your setup. Front-panel illuminated controls provide precise level adjustments for each of the four channels. The NU4-6000 also offers combination XLR and 1/4" input connectors for your source material and twist-lock output connections, compatible with Neutrik Speakon® connectors, for your speaker cables.
Can you say flexibility?
This amp is up for just about any job. You can run four separate monitors, or use the front channels for your mains and the rear channels for your monitors. Or you could run your mains with the front channels, and bridge the back channels to run a sub. No matter how your system changes over the years, you'll always find a good spot for the NU4-6000.
- 4-channel pro audio amplifier
- power output:
- 440 watts per channel at 8 ohms
- 860 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- 1600 watts per channel at 2 ohms
- 1600 watts (mono) at 8 ohms in bridged mode
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (-2.0 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- total harmonic distortion: 0.2%
- illuminated independent channel level controls for precise volume matching
- two high- and low-pass crossovers (100 Hz)
- variable-speed fan and "back to front" ventilation for heat dissipation
- two mode switches for stereo, mono, or bridged modes
- DC, short circuit, and thermal overload protection
- rack mount ears included
- inputs: combination XLR and 1/4" TRS for channels A, B, C, and D
- outputs: four twist-lock connections (compatible with Neutrik Speakon connectors)
- dimensions: 18-15/16"W x 3-3/4"H x 16"D (2 rack spaces)
- weight: 11.7 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NU46000
What's in the box:
- 4-channel Power amplifier
- 59" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- Quick Start Guide
- Global Care Information
Behringer NU4-6000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Behringer NU4-6000
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||4|
|Watts per channel 8 ohms||440|
|Watts per channel 4 ohms||860|
|Watts per channel 2 ohms||1600|
Overview: The Behringer iNuke NU4-6000 is a lightweight 4-channel amplifier delivers plenty of power when you need it. Featuring a "back-to-front" ventilation system, this Class-D amplifier runs cool with "near zero" thermal buildup. You can use the amplifier on stage connected to a mixer, or for DJ work. The NU4-6000 is rack-mountable, and requires 2U of rack space (no hardware included).
Built-in 3-way Crossovers: The amp features built-in 3-way crossovers for each pair of channels (A/B and C/D). Each crossover can be set to full-range, high-pass, or low-pass operation via a 3-way slide switch on the rear panel. Full-range mode sends an unfiltered output to the speakers. In HF mode, frequencies above 100Hz are sent to the speakers, while in LF mode, low-frequency content below 100Hz is sent to passive subwoofers.
Bridgeable: The NU4-6000's four channels can be bridged into two outputs. The amplifier will produce 3000 watts when connected to a 4Ω speaker, or 1600 watts for an 8Ω speaker. A 3-way Mode switches on the rear panel let you set each channel pair to Bridge mode, dual mono, or stereo mode.
Bi-amping: You can bi-amp a single pair of speakers using one NU4-6000 amplifier. Bi-amping splits an audio signal into lower and upper frequency bands, and sends each frequency band to separate speaker cabinets. Horizontal bi-amping uses two linked channels of the iNuke 4-6000 amplifier to amplify the low frequencies (Channels A and B), while the other two channels (Channels C and D) are linked together to handle the high frequencies. Vertical bi-amping uses one linked pair of channels per stereo side (Channels A and B amplify the left side, while Channels C and D amplify the right). This requires an external crossover to separate the low frequencies from the mid/high frequencies so they can be amplified separately.
Connections: The iNuke NU4-6000 is equipped with four 1/4"-XLR combo inputs. The four outputs have professional twist-lock speaker connections that are compatible with Neutrik speakON connectors.
Front Panel Controls: The NU4-6000 features simple operation with detented rotary gain controls for channels A, B, C, and D. Each control has three amber signal LEDs that light when signal is present (at -24, -12, and -6 dBFS), and a Clip LED to indicate when the signal is distorted and needs to be reduced. The gain control knobs feature amber and red illuminated rings that are easy to see in dark conditions.
Warranty Terms: Behringer offers a 3-year warranty when you register your product within 90 calendar days of purchase. If the product is not properly registered, the warranty period is one year.
Maximum Output Power:
- 2Ω Stereo: 4 x 1600 watts
- 4Ω Stereo: 4 x 860 watts
- 8Ω Stereo: 4 x 440 watts
- 4Ω Bridged Mono: 2x 3000 watts
- 8Ω Bridged Mono: 2x 1600 watts
- Connections: 4 x TRS 1/4"-XLR Combo jacks
- Input Impedance: 10kΩ (unbalanced), 20 kΩ (balanced)
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power into 4Ω: 0.775 V (0 dBu)
- Connections: 4 x locking style professional speaker connectors (Neutrik speakON)
- Distortion (1/8 rated power): <0.02%
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0/-2dB
- Signal-to-Noise: >100dB
- Width: 18.9375"
- Height: 3.7"
- Depth: 12.2" (13.7" w/power cord)
- Weight: 12.4 pounds
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked