About the Behringer NX1000
This lightweight amp packs a powerful punch
This lightweight amp packs a powerful punch
Weighing in at just over seven pounds, Behringer's NX1000 2-channel power amplifier can punch out 160 watts per channel through 8 ohms, 300 watts per channel into 4 ohms, 500 watts per channel at 2 ohms, and a solid 1,000 watts when bridged in mono, 1-channel mode. Its class D design and "back to front" ventilation system ensure that the amp will run reliably with virtually no thermal buildup, eliminating the need for the heavy transformers and massive heat sinks found in "old school" amps.
It has brains too
This amplifier uses Behringer's SmartSense loudspeaker impedance compensation technology, so its frequency response isn't dependent on the load it drives — in other words, the amp sounds the same no matter what speaker's attached. The built-in "Zero Attack" limiters let you get the most output, but still protect your speakers from being overdriven.
A simple and effective design
The NX1000's onboard crossover can be switched to low-pass for powering subwoofers, high-pass when another amp is powering the sub, or full-range for your full-range PA speakers. Large gain knobs on the front panel let you easily adjust the level of each channel. LED arrays show the relative output levels as well as indicate when the limiter engages.
NX1000 rear panel and connections
- 2-channel power amplifier
- rated output:
- 160 watts per channel at 8 ohms
- 300 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- 500 watts per channel at 2 ohms
- 1000 watts (mono) at 4 ohms in bridged mode
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (-1 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
- illuminated independent right- and left-channel level controls for precise volume matching
- switchable high- or low-pass crossover (100 Hz)
- switch for stereo, or mono bridged modes
- variable-speed fan and "back to front" ventilation for heat dissipation
- DC, short circuit, and thermal overload protection
- rack mount ears included
- inputs: combination XLR and 1/4" TRS
- outputs: two twist-lock connections (compatible with Neutrik Speakon connectors)
- dimensions: 19"W x 3-3/4"H x 9-1/8"D (2 rack spaces)
- weight: 7.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NX1000
What's in the box:
- Power amplifier
- 59" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Quick start guide (Eng / Span / Fren / others)
Behringer NX1000 reviews
It seems to be alright, but the other reviewer is right. The fan is a little problematic by being louder than you might be used to. But it seems to perform well and is a good match for my Yamaha MG10XUS mixer. I have another month and a half or so on the return with Crutchfield, so I will see if I can get used to the fan volume.
Pros: Good Fit for Small Venue.
1 of 1 found this helpful
In need of a pro amp, I did my research on digital amps. I choose this as reading the iNuke series were very loud with fan noise. Thinking that Behringer corrected this in a new series of amps made me try this. I was wrong, this makes about as much noise as a computer server. LOUD. Returning this to looking into the Crown digital amps, maybe more expensive but next to no fan noise until you push them. This unit is always on and loud.
Pros: lightweight and digital
Cons: loud fan noise from always-on fan
7 of 10 found this helpful
More details on the Behringer NX1000
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Watts per channel 8 ohms||160|
|Watts per channel 4 ohms||300|
|Watts per channel 2 ohms||500|
Overview: The Behringer NX1000 is a two channel power amplifier that can supply 2 x 300 watts into a 4Ω load, 2 x 500 watts into a 2Ω load, and 1000 watts into a bridged 4Ω load. Featuring Behringer's High-Density Class D amplifier technology, the NX1000 can output maximum power while running cooler than amps with massive heat sinks and toroid transformers. It's ultra efficient switch-mode power supply provides noise free audio, superior transient response, and low power consumption.
Inputs/Outputs: The NX1000's inputs consist of 2 combo jacks that can accept either XLR or 1/4" plugs, for both balanced or unbalanced signals. Two Speakon twist-lock connectors are used for the amp's output channels. These are a quick and convenient method of attaching speaker wire to the amp, while providing a solid electrical contact that won't inadvertently come unplugged.
Mode Switch: This 3-way switch allows you to run the amp in Stereo, Mono, or Bridged modes.
Crossover: This 3-way switch allows the amp to output either a Full-Range signal, or apply a 100 Hz high-pass (HF) or 100 Hz low-pass (LF) crossover to it. LF and HF are typically used in bi-amping applications.
SmartSense: Behringer's SmartSense loudspeaker impedance compensation circuit allows the amp output a fully linear frequency response at any speaker impedance load.
Controls and Indicators: Front panel controls for the NX1000 consist of a Power button along with a rotary Gain control for each Input Channel. LED indicators are as follows:
- Power: Lights amber when unit is powered on.
- Signal: Three LEDs are provided to indicate -40 (signal present), -6, and -3 dB signal levels. The -40 and -6 LEDs light green, while the -3 LED lights amber.
- Limit: Behringer's "Zero-Attack" limiting circuit allows the maximum output level with overload protection. The Limit LED lights red when the input signal reaches 0 dB. At this point the NX1000 will stop outputting sound until the input signal level is lowered or the front panel Gain knob lowered.
- Protect: The NX1000 includes independent DC, LF and thermal overload protection on each channel that will automatically protect the amp and speakers. This LED will light red when in Protect mode.
Ventilation: The NX1000 features a continuous, variable-speed cooling fan on the rear panel along with two ventilation grills on the front for back-to-front air flow through the amp's chassis.
- Inputs: 2 XLR/1/4" combination jacks
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ unbalanced, 20 kΩ balanced
- Outputs: 2 Twist-lock Speakon connectors
- Amp Design: Class D
- Distortion: <0.05%
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Damping Factor: >155 @ 8Ω
- Signal to Noise: >100 dB
- Power Supply: 100 - 120 VAC
- Power Consumption (@ 2Ω, 1/8 rated power): 150 W
- Dimensions: Width - 19.0", Height - 3.69", Depth - 11.50" (w/power cord)
- Weight: 7.3 lbs.