About the Behringer PPA2000BT
Behringer makes "live" easy
Behringer makes "live" easy
When you're organizing a school event, running a wedding, or playing a last-minute gig, there are always surprises you just can't anticipate. The best tactic is to be ready for anything, and that's exactly what Behringer was thinking when they designed the PPA200BT portable 8-channel PA system. This smart and compact all-in-one unit clips together for easy transport. A built-in storage compartment holds the included microphone and connection cables so that set-up and breakdown is a breeze — an added bonus in the all-hands-on-deck environment of churches, busy nightclubs, and schools.
What it's packin'
With the PPA200BT, you can count on what many suitcase-style PA systems promise: two speakers, a mixer, an amp, a mic and cables. But unlike run-of-the-mill systems, Behringer packs a whole lot of power and possibility into this suitcase. You'll get inputs for four microphones and two instruments, 2000 watts of amplification, and two speakers, each sporting a 10" heavy-duty woofer and a 1.35" aluminum compression driver. Plus, a subwoofer output for easy connection to a powered sub will give you an impressive jump in impact when needed.
Convenience for all kinds of users
In an effort to build a system for pros and laymen alike, Behringer has added a number of conveniences for real-world use. The PPA200BT is Bluetooth-equipped so you can stream audio from compatible devices. It also sports an automatic feedback detection system that suppresses squeals, howls, and squawks — a real life-saver if you're running an event that's heavy on the mic-passing. If you're planning on using Behringer's wireless mic system (not included), that system's dongle connects directly with the PPA200BT, another easy set-up feature.
Need a little special sauce on your presentation or performance? The PPA200BT comes preloaded with effects like reverb, echo, chorus, and more, thanks to its built-in KLARK TEKNIK effects processor with 100 presets. Backed by a 3-year warranty, this portable PA system is a serious value to boot.
- portable PA system
- all-in-one design for easy transport
- 8-channel mixer (4 mono, 2 stereo channels)
- built-in amp (2 x 500 watts at 8 ohms, 2 x 1000 at 4 ohms)
- two 4-ohm 2-way speakers (10" woofer, 1.35" aluminum compression driver)
- XM1800S microphone, mic clip and a 20' cable included
- Bluetooth equipped for easy device connection
- KLARK TEKNIK FX processor with 100 presets
- 2-channel EQ
- onboard feedback suppressor
- inputs: four XLR inputs, eight 1/4" inputs, four RCA, stereo AUX in, Bluetooth
- phantom power
- outputs: two 1/4" speaker outputs, stereo RCA out, dedicated subwoofer line out
- frequency range: 50-20,000 Hz
- dimensions: 13-15/16"D x 25-15/16"W x 33-1/4"H
- weight: 68.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PPA2000BT
What's in the box:
- Powered mixer
- 2 Detachable speakers
- Mic stand-adapter
- 20.5' Mic cable w/ XLR connectors
- Two 20.5' speaker cables w/ male 1/4" jacks
- 5' Auxiliary cable w/ 1/8" stereo mini jack on one end and dual RCAs on other end
- 5' Power cable (IEC 3-pin)
- Vinyl carry-pouch for mic
- Owner's manual (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
- Mic user manual
Behringer PPA2000BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Behringer PPA2000BT
Features & specs
|Number of speakers||2|
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||10"|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.35"|
|System Frequency response||50 - 22k|
Overview: The Behringer PPA2000BT is a compact, 8-channel, 2000 watt, portable PA system suited for schools, corporate and educational presentations, small to medium venue performances, weddings and tour guides. Designed as an all-in-one system with "suitcase" style portability, it features a powered mixer along with 2 speakers that snap together for easy transport. The 8-channel mixer section is comprised of 4 mono and 2 stereo channels, but also includes a stereo auxiliary input and Bluetooth connectivity for music playback. Along with 2 bands of EQ per channel, there's a 7-band Master EQ featuring Behringer's proprietary Feedback Detection system, a high-quality Klark Teknik FX processor with 100 presets, +48V phantom power on the 4 mono channels, a Sub Out for running an optional powered subwoofer (sold separately), and 1000 watts of power available for each of the two detachable speakers.
Mixer: Channels 1 - 4 are mono and include both XLR and 1/4" TRS jacks (both balanced). These utilize Behringer's proprietary IMP ("Invisible Mic Preamps) which are know for their transparency and headroom. Channels 5/6 and 7/8 are configured as stereo inputs with dual 1/4" TS (unbalanced) and dual RCA jacks. Each channel has its own Bass, Treble, Pan/Balance, FX amount, and Level controls. Channels 1 - 4 Levels also include a Clip indicator that lights if the signal gets over-driven. The FX knobs will control the amount of effect, selected in the Effects section, that will be applied to that channel. Each of the mono channels (1-4) have a Pad button that, when pushed in, applies 20 dB of attenuation when running "hot" signals into the mixer. A Phantom power button can apply +48V to each of the XLR jacks on inputs 1 - 4. Other connections include:
- Recording Out: A set of stereo RCAs are provided to output the main signal to an external recorder or another mixer.
- FX Footswitch: A 1/4" TS footswitch jack lets you cycle through the different FX in the FX section with an appropriate footswitch (sold separately).
- Sub Out: This is a 1/4" TS jack that outputs a mono version of the main signal, for running to an optional subwoofer (sold separately).
- Stereo Aux In: This section has an 1/8" stereo jack along with Left (mono)/Right 1/4" TS inputs for running an external music source through the mixer.
Chassis: Housed in tough molded-plastic enclosures, both the powered mixer and the speakers are designed for portability and durability. Each speaker contains a 10" woofer and a 1.35" aluminum-diaphragm compression driver and is designed to snap together with the mixer for transport. A pair of wheels are attached to the bottom of the powered mixer to make portability easier.
Equalizer: The PPA2000BT features a 7-band EQ that gets applied to the Main output signal. Bands include: 63, 160, 400, 1k, 2.5k, 6.3k, and 16k with +/- 12 dB of adjustment for each band. The EQ section also incorporates Behringer's FBQ (Feedback Detection) circuitry. If feedback is detected in a specific frequency range, the LED on the associated EQ fader illuminates, showing you which fader to lower to overcome the feedback.
Multi-FX: A studio-grade effects processor is included in the PPA2000BT, with 100 presets that include Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Pitch-Shifting, and many more. These effects are custom-engineered by Klark Teknik, recognized worldwide as one of the most prestigious British audio companies, and are all 24-bit, professional grade effect algorithms. The Effects section includes a Program dial to cycle through and select an effect, along with an FX Level dial which acts as a master FX level for all channels. A 2-character display shows the Effect number and 2 LEDs are provided to show Signal present and Clipping for the Effects section.
Bluetooth: The PPA2000BT incorporates Bluetooth technology (supports A2DP 1.2 profiles / spec 3.0 compliant) for music streaming from a Bluetooth enabled phone, tablet, or laptop. The rear-panel has a Pairing button along with a Bluetooth status LED that will blink during the pairing process and go solid once a Bluetooth connection has been established. Bluetooth signals are processed through input channel 7/8.
Microphone: A Behringer XM1800S wired microphone is included with the PPA2000BT, along with a 20.5' mic cable. This is a dynamic mic with a cardioid polar pattern, making it ideal for vocals, and includes a built-in on/off switch. If an optional wireless mic is preferred, the mixer includes a USB port that supports Behringer's Ultralink wireless technology, allowing one of their ULM series wireless mics to be used, such as the ULM300USB (sold separately). The USB dongle that comes with the wireless mic plugs into the USB port on the mixer and connects with the mic almost instantly for an easy wireless setup.
- Channels 1 - 4: XLR and 1/4" TRS (both balanced)
- Channels 5/6: 2 x 1/4" TS, 2 x RCAs (both unbalanced)
- Channels 7/8: 2 x 1/4" TS, 2 x RCAs (both unbalanced), Bluetooth connectivity
- Stereo Aux Input: 2 x 1/4" TS, 1 x 1/8" stereo (both unbalanced)
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x 1/4" TS jacks on back panel
- Sub Output: 1 x 1/4" TRS (unbalanced)
- Recording Out: 2 x RCA (stereo, unbalanced)
- Power Output:
- 4Ω per channel: 2 x 1000 Watts
- 8Ω per channel: 2 x 500 Watts
- Channel EQ:
- Bass: +/- 15 dB @ 80 Hz
- Treble: +/- 15 dB @ 12 kHz
- Graphic EQ: 7-band, +/- 12 dB per band
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 22 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dB, A-weighted
- Speakers: 10" woofer, 1.35" compression driver
- Type: Klark Teknik
- Converter: 24-bit Delta Sigma
- Sampling Frequency: 40 kHz
- Display: 2-digit, 7-segment
- Frequency Range: 2402 MHz - 2480 MHz
- Channel Number: 79
- Version: 3.0 compliant
- Output: Class 2 type output power
- Compatibility: Supports A2DP 1.2 profiles
- Power Supply: Universal, 100 V - 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption @ 1/8 rated power: 180 Watts
- Mains Connection: Standard 3-pin, IEC receptacle
- Weight: 68.3 lbs.
- Dimensions: Width - 25.90", Height - 33.25", Depth - 13.90"
- Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: 600Ω
- Sensitivity: -52 dBV (0 dBV = 1 V/Pa), 2.5 mV/Pa
- Connector: 3-pin, balanced, male XLR
- Weight: 9.524 oz.
- Length: 6.5"
- Head Diameter: 2.12"
Warranty Terms: Behringer offers a 3-year warranty when you register your product within 90 calendar days of purchase. If the product is not properly registered, the warranty period is one year.
1 question already asked