About the Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD
High-res recording in a budget-friendly box
High-res recording in a budget-friendly box
Behringer's U-Phoria UMC202HD lets you lay down clean, high-resolution audio tracks on your Mac® or PC. This little box is simply value-packed, and it makes a great way to get into home recording with your computer.
Connections for your studio gear
Each of the UMC202HD's two front-panel inputs is a combination jack that handles dynamic or condenser microphones, line-level instruments like keyboards, and even electric guitars and basses. Hook up a pair of powered studio monitors to the 1/4" line outputs, or plug in your favorite pair of headphones to the front-panel jack.
The UMC202HD works with all major DAW (digital audio workstation) software for the Mac® and Windows® platforms. To get you started, it comes bundled with a powerful DAW called Tracktion, along with a range of audio effect plugins.
- computer audio interface with 2 input and 2 output channels
- supports high-res recording up to 24-bit/192kHz
- 2 microphone preamps designed by Midas
- 2 combination XLR/TRS inputs for microphones, keyboards, guitars, basses, and more
- direct monitoring mode for latency-free recording
- front-panel pad switches for taming hot input signals
- left and right 1/4" TRS balanced line outputs
- 1/4" headphone output
- +48V phantom power (switchable via back-panel switch)
- USB 2.0 port for connection to computer
- supports Mac® and Windows® operating systems (driver download required for Windows)
- bundled software includes Tracktion DAW and effects plugins
- compatible with all major DAWs for Mac® and Windows®
- powered by your computer via USB
- 6-3/4"W x 1-13/16"H x 4-15/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UMC 202HD
What's in the box:
- Audio interface
- 73" USB Cable (Type-A on one end
- type-B on other
- Quickstart guide (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD reviews
Interface does everything advertised and that I need it to do. Lots of room for adjustments and very flexible in applications. Very lightweight and small footprint on desktop. Mic preamps seem very good with no noise and good gain. Last but not least great value for the cost!
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD
Overview: The Behringer UMC202HD is a compact and versatile USB recording interface featuring 2 input channels, each with MIDAS designed pre-amps, studio-grade 24-Bit/192 kHz converters, zero-latency direct monitoring while recording, and more, all housed in Behringer's "built-like-a-tank" impact-resistant metal chassis.
MIDAS Pre-amps: MIDAS is a company that's earned its reputation due to their no-compromise approach to audio and build quality, particularly their award-winning mic preamps which are considered to be one of the industry's best sounding designs. Both of the UMC202HD's two Inputs include MIDAS pre-amps and can accept mic, line, and instrument level signals.
Zero-Latency Monitoring: The UMC202HD's front panel Direct Monitor button allows zero-latency direct monitoring, which allows you to hear the performance clearly with no delay or lag in the returning signal.
Tracktion: Included as a free download after registering the interface, Tracktion is a full-blown Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for composing, recording, editing, and mixing your music. Tracktion gives you features such as dynamic automation, unlimited track count, MIDI recording, and support for VST and AU plug-ins.
Front Panel: Both Inputs on the UMC202HD are balanced combination XLR/1/4" TRS jacks that can accept mic, line, and instrument level signals, each able to output +48V phantom power. Their corresponding input controls include Gain, a Line/Instrument selector, and a Pad button to attenuate hotter signals. Each Input also includes a Signal LED, that lights when a signal is present on that input, and a Clip LED, that lights when the signal starts to distort. Included with the Headphone output and its Volume control is a Direct Monitor switch. When engaged, this switch allows you to hear the direct sound versus the recorded sound. There's a main Output control which adjusts the output level of the Main Outs, and two status LEDs for the following:
- Power: LED indicates unit is on or off.
- +48V: Lights if the rear panel Phantom Power switch is engaged.
Rear Panel: The rear panel of the UMC202HD include:
- USB: A USB type-B, 2.0, output provides connection to your computer for audio transfer to and from your DAW and is compatible with most popular recording software including Avid ProTools, Ableton Live, Steinberg Cubase, and many others. The USB port is also used to power the interface from a connected computer.
- +48V: This On/Off switch puts +48V of phantom power to each of the 2 XLR input jacks when engaged.
- Main Out: The Main Output of the audio interface consists of Left and Right balanced 1/4" TRS jacks.
- Kensington Security: Unit includes a Kensington Security lock point.
- Preamp: 2 x MIDAS design
- Type: 2 x XLR/1/4" TRS combo jacks (Mic, Line, Instrument signals)
- Input Level Attenuation: 2 x Pad switch
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 50 kHz (0 / -3 dB)
- Impedance: Mic in: 3 kΩ / Instrument in: 1 MΩ
- Maximum Input Level: Mic: -4 dBu / Line: +20 dBu / Instrument: -3 dBu
- Phantom Power: +48V, switchable
- 1 x 1/4" Stereo (Phones)
- 2 x 1/4" TRS (Main Out)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 43 kHz (0 / +0.3 dB)
- Maximum Output Level: +3 dBu
- Software Support:
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X, Windows XP or higher
- Drivers: Mac: No driver required / CoreAudio supported, Windows: Available as a download from Behringer.com
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB, A-weighted
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 43 kHz (0 / +0.3 dB
- Monitoring: Direct Monitor switch
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
- Computer Connectivity: USB type-B, 2.0
- Kensington Security Lock: Yes
- Power Consumption: Maximum 2.5 W
- Power Supply: USB, bus-powered from computer
- Dimensions: Width - 6.63", Height - 1.88", Depth - 6.5" (w/USB cord)
- Weight: 1.2 lbs.